Halloween at Walt Disney World Resort

Sights, Sounds of Star Wars Weekends at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

posted on May 26th, 2010 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

Fans of the Star Wars universe – today, we’re sharing some of the sights and sounds that made last weekend so special at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Star Wars Weekends launched on the 30th anniversary of “Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back” and the big-screen debut of Boba Fett. So of course, the bounty hunter had a strong presence. Here’s what celebrity host Jeremy Bulloch and celebrity guest Daniel Logan had to say about the character they played and some favorite fan costumes from the event, including “purple” Darth Vader:

Star Wars Weekends continues every Friday, Saturday and Sunday through June 13. During that time, be on the lookout for some new faces, including R2-MK, and Asajj Ventress from “Star Wars: The Clone Wars.” And please let us know in comments if you spot any unique characters we may have missed.

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disney's Hollywood Studios, Special Events, Walt Disney World Resort

Renee from WV on May 26th, 2010 at 2:57 pm

I’m so bummed out we are going to miss the Star Wars Weekends by one day!!

MELISSA from TN on May 26th, 2010 at 3:08 pm

WE WILL BE THERE ON SUNDAY TO ENJOY STARS WARS WEEKEND. 1ST TIME VISTOR!!!

RICHARD from FL on May 26th, 2010 at 3:25 pm

We were there all weekend to meet everyone! It was AWESOME! Dee and Ashley were the greatest! Cant wait for next weekend!

cindi from FL on May 26th, 2010 at 4:16 pm

We went on Sat the 22nd and my 2 boys were part of the parade with the characters. It was GREAT!!! they got to dress as padawans and carry light sabres.

Matt from FL on May 26th, 2010 at 5:14 pm

I love your microphone John.

Erica on May 26th, 2010 at 5:54 pm

My family and I were just there this past weekend. We went the very first day May 21st because that was my birthday and I wanted to spend it at at the Hollywood Studios this time. The parade with the 501 Legion was awesome!! My kids enjoyed every bit of that day. As soon as they knew we were going they were humming the Emperor’s March the entire car ride to Hollywood Studios. Got a real kick out of the Storm Troopers on top of the gates. We saw Jedi, Emperial guards and even Jawas! We got lightsabers, Dark Jedi trading pins and the coolest t-shirts with Mickey Mouse dressed as a Jedi fighting Boba Fett.

Mary from ON on May 26th, 2010 at 7:07 pm

How far in advance does Disney announce when the Star Wars weekends will be? I’d like to book our return trip for next year so we can be part of this. My daughter and husband are huge Star Wars fans! We were at Disney World in April and my daughter is in love with all things Disney! She plays our parade videos everyday and knows all the dancers moves! (she’s 3!) If anyone knows the dates for Star Wars weekends for 2011, or knows when they’re announced, I’d really appreciate it! From the comments above, it sounds like a don’t-miss!
Thanks!

Jennette on May 26th, 2010 at 8:24 pm

This is our 4th..or 5th?! trip for Star Wars Weekends, and we can’t wait…our 20th trip to date, and we’re going with friends this time…first time for star wars for them…Star Wars weekends typically happen the last 2 weekends of May and the first 2 weekends of June, except the year that Episode 3 came out, WDW extended it by 2 weekends to the end of June, for a total of 6…it was great!!! Don’t know about next year though, with the refurbishment and closing of the Star Tours Ride later this Summer until Sept 2011. Disney won’t confirm it until closer to January 2011, but if you’re really interested and you’re going to go to WDW anyhow, book it for one of those weekends. Make sure you stay for the Hoopla Parade around 6ish every weekend night….so much fun!!!

John on May 26th, 2010 at 10:43 pm

I have only been keeping my eyes on the dates for this for a couple years now trying to time a vacation for myself so I can only give a small amount of insight. It seems to be the last 2 weekend in May and the first 2 in June. The dates are usually posted in January when I get my available vacation schedule. Hope this helps somewhat!

Darci on May 26th, 2010 at 10:55 pm

I got to do this some day

Erica on May 27th, 2010 at 12:04 am

Mary: This was a 30th Anniversary of the Empire Strikes Back celebration so I not sure if they do it every year.

debbie on May 27th, 2010 at 2:29 pm

Any chance of Star Wars Weekends coming to Anaheim? We’d love to see it happen here!

Mary from ON on May 28th, 2010 at 5:03 pm

Thank you so much for all the great feedback! I’ll keep a lookout come January. Oh, here I am getting all excited about going back to Disney World!
I can’t believe Empire Strikes Back came out 30 years ago! I’m not getting old, I’m not getting old….
Thanks again!