'World of Color' at Disney California Adventure Park

A Main Street Electrical Parade Preview

posted on June 4th, 2010 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Main Street Electrical Parade

Hi everyone…last night I had the opportunity to attend an after-hours preview of the Main Street Electrical Parade and thought you’d enjoy seeing a little more of what to expect beginning Sunday.

From the moment I arrived, the excitement surrounding the parade’s return to Walt Disney World was contagious. And when the first notes of “Baroque Hoedown” began to sound through the park, the crowd erupted. During the parade, there were special “oohs” and “ahhs” for Elliot the Dragon from Pete’s Dragon, Cinderella in her illuminated pumpkin coach, and the red, white and blue Honor America finale float.

Main Street Electrical Parade: Elliot the Dragon from Pete’s Dragon

The last time I set eyes on the Main Street Electrical Parade was as a young guest in the mid-1980s, so I’ve been looking forward to experiencing the parade as an adult and viewing the procession’s latest enhancements, including the debut of Tinker Bell aboard the lead float.

Main Electrical Street Parade with Tinker Bell

Tinker Bell now opens the parade by appearing inside a balloon basket above a shimmering bed leaves and flowers. From there, she sprinkles a shower of pixie dust that spreads throughout the rest of the parade, adding a little more sparkle to each float. Other enhancements to the parade include the addition of a Pleasure Island scene for Pinocchio, and a diamond mine for Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

You can see it for yourself at Magic Kingdom Park through Aug. 14.

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Jane from Cornwall on June 5th, 2010 at 5:39 am

It looks so very twinkley & magical! And I love it!!
We are booked to visit WDW in May 2011, will the parade still be going down Main Street nightly then I wonder?! I sure do hope so!

Melissa from MA on June 5th, 2010 at 7:51 am

Can we please extend the parade until the end of August at least? Many families have taken advantage of the free dining plans being offerred and we would all like to see this parade before it leaves us yet again.

Gabrielle on June 5th, 2010 at 11:09 am

Echoing the sentiments above, what will happen after August 14th?

Elizabeth from MD on June 5th, 2010 at 11:27 am

AGREED!!!!!! PLEASE extend through the end of August!!!! Disney please make our dreams come true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer on June 5th, 2010 at 12:16 pm

Please extend it into the fall! I would love to see my favorite parade when I am at the MK on Sept 12!

Barbara on June 5th, 2010 at 2:24 pm

I’m sorely disappointed that the parade is going to have such a short run. It wasn’t very nice of Disney to do that. Many of us have already planned vacations that don’t coincide with the short time frame and will be deprived of the pleasure of seeing what I consider to be the best ever Disney parade! I don’t understand their reasoning. It would seem they would need to encourage tourism during the ‘off’ season rather than the ‘peak’.

Vivian on June 5th, 2010 at 3:40 pm

saw the parade manytimes and especially the last night ,many years ago..my granddaughter cried when it left..now she is a college grad .I will get to see the parade next week and take pics to show her. This time a great grand daughter will be with me..

Deanna from IN on June 5th, 2010 at 9:15 pm

We will be in Disney on June 10th. I clearly remember this parade from the 70′s, then my children saw it in 1999. We are so excited that we are going to get to see it again next week!! I love the music from this. I bought the CD back in 1999, but have misplaced it so I am hoping that I can purchase it again this time around!!

Alina on June 7th, 2010 at 11:53 am

Will this be coming back to california? This is my favorite parade and I had no clue that it was leaving us again.

Jason on June 7th, 2010 at 2:08 pm

Not fair of them? It’s nice of them to lend it to WDW for summer. I hope it’s back soon though to it’s home in Anaheim :D enjoy while it’s out there!

Shani on June 12th, 2010 at 5:23 am

We were lucky to catch it!! It was spectacular and magical…Disney style!!

Jennifer on June 30th, 2010 at 4:49 am

Watching this parade took me back to my fondest childhood memories of the Walt Disney characters. Simply magical!!