Walt Disney at Disneyland Park

Disney Magic Completes First Stop in Russia

posted on June 20th, 2010 by Jason Lasecki, Public Relations Director, Disney Cruise Line, Adventures By Disney, Disney Vacation Club

Thanks Disney Parks Blog readers for the tremendous support for my first-ever blog post a couple weeks ago! I hope you like today’s update from beautiful St. Petersburg, Russia. The Disney Magic just completed its first-ever stop in Russia and it was amazing! The Port Adventures team from Disney Cruise Line created a truly magical experience in St. Petersburg – a majestic Royal Ball at Catherine’s Palace featuring the Disney Princesses. Guests were raving about the experience, but instead of me telling you about it, check out some of the video from the evening.

It did make me wonder…if you were hosting a royal ball, which Disney Princess would you invite?

Filed: Disney Cruise Line

Tiffany from FL on June 20th, 2010 at 3:31 pm

Definitely Snow White – she has been my favorite Disney Princess since childhood!

Sheila from CA on June 20th, 2010 at 4:20 pm

I would have to have Cinderella, she’s my favorite. Besides my daughter was the California Cinderella Miss when she was 10 and 11. LOL

Wesley on June 20th, 2010 at 4:22 pm

Did you notice the little booties the guests were wearing over their feet in the ballroom? Makes me wonder how often people are allowed in that room. In any case, being able to interact with Disney Princesses in an actual Royal Palace must have been amazing for those kids (and maybe for the big kids too).

Victoria on June 20th, 2010 at 4:42 pm

For my little girl it would be Aurora – she adored her when we were on the Magic in May and can’t wait to see her again in August

janice from PA on June 20th, 2010 at 4:46 pm

Magical!!!

Ashleigh from NV on June 20th, 2010 at 5:33 pm

Definitely Princess Jasmine. She’s my favorite and has been since I was a little girl =D I would probably want Aurora as well, since she’s my other favorite.

Laurel on June 20th, 2010 at 7:06 pm

Wesley, the reason for the booties–people are given them in ALL the Russian palaces to keep the floors nice. We went to Catherine’s palace, the winter palace and others. The Russians work very hard to keep the palaces nice. I would LOVE to take our daughter back to Russia on a Disney cruise–she and our son were both adopted from Russia in 2004. She is now Disney princess-crazy and would LOVE to see them in her homeland!

Maryanne on June 21st, 2010 at 1:59 am

I’d have to invite Belle. <3

Meg on June 21st, 2010 at 11:48 am

Megara. She’s sassy and I like that!

Lizzy on June 21st, 2010 at 1:02 pm

That looks so magical I would definitely have to invite Belle <3

Jessica from FL on June 21st, 2010 at 7:19 pm

My daughter would want you to invite all of them

Janis from AZ on June 22nd, 2010 at 9:26 am

I would of course invite all of the Disney Princesses! My family loves them all, plus we wouldn’t want to make any of them sad by leaving them out of something as wonderful as a ball. The more the merrier. Now…of course we have our favorites….one of my daughters loves Belle, her twin sister loves Ariel…and me, well, I’ve always felt a kinship with Jasmine. So those three would have places of honor at our table.

Edith from TN on July 1st, 2010 at 12:55 am

We are anxiously awaiting our Northern European Cruise in July! Russia, I am sure, will be fabulous! Of course ALL of the princesses should be at the ball, considering they all are princesses! My 10 year old daughter would say all of them no doubt, but I think she is partial to Cinderella. Counting the days till we cast off. Ahoy!