Disneyland Park, Haunted Mansion

Disney’s ‘Ducky’ Draws Donald Duck

posted on June 15th, 2010 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

During our first meeting with artist Don “Ducky” Williams, he shared his love of drawing all Disney characters. But one character in particular holds a special place in his heart and I think you know which one — Donald Duck. His amazing Donald Duck drawings are admired throughout the company. It’s why we call him “Ducky.” And today, he’s showing us how it’s done.

We’ll be featuring more of Don’s amazing work during future trips to his office (and yes, his work area is as interesting as it looks in the video). Please let us know which character you’d like to see “come to life” next.

Filed: Art of Disney, Behind the Scenes, Cast Member Profiles, Walt Disney World Resort

Tim on June 15th, 2010 at 11:33 am

Thirty years – That means he started the year before WDW opened. I visited WDW during that first year – June 1972.

Tim on June 15th, 2010 at 11:34 am

Oh wow! I just realized that I left out a decade!! :) He started in 1980. Sorry Ducky!!! I’m showing MY age!!! :)

Travis on June 15th, 2010 at 11:42 am

This is simply amazing! I love Ducky’s work. I like his Donald drawing and all the stuff in his office. :)

Lillian from CA on June 15th, 2010 at 11:47 am

Yeah, Pato Donald…. What an awesome talent. Thanks for sharing.

Jason on June 15th, 2010 at 12:08 pm

I’d love to see Sorcerer Mickey drawn, he’s my favorite :)

Jason on June 15th, 2010 at 12:09 pm

I would love to see Sorcerer Mickey drawn, he’s my favorite character :)

Alexander on June 15th, 2010 at 12:29 pm

This was really cool. Thank you for sharing this. I will definitely keep a look out for is artwork and drawings when we go in October.

Elisabeth on June 15th, 2010 at 1:25 pm

Thanks so much for this great little piece. It was really encouraging to my 8 year old Son, who wants to be an animator, because it showed him that there is alot you can do with art and Disney provides the untimate outlet for artists in many diffrent facets of the company.

Sarah from ON on June 15th, 2010 at 2:45 pm

I love all the photos in the background. Especially the ones of the legend himself, Walter Elias Disney.

Julie on June 15th, 2010 at 2:56 pm

What an amazing artist!!!!! I would love to see Tinkerbell!! She is my favourite. :0)

tim on June 15th, 2010 at 2:58 pm

YOU ‘DA MAN !!!!!!……. I LOVE IT !!!!!!

Mike from IL on June 15th, 2010 at 3:06 pm

How cool is this. As an Architect it is great to see houses I have designed, be built and have families living in them. How great would it be to know that you did all of Tony’s restaurant.

I’d like to see more on Goofy and The Sorcror’s apprentice.

Jeremy on June 15th, 2010 at 3:12 pm

I feel lucky to have 2 of his signed hand drawings;) Meet him on a Disney cruise, He is a really nice guy and fun to talk to;)

Cheryl from MA on June 15th, 2010 at 3:33 pm

I am so blessed to have many Ducky Williams signed prints. I have met him a few times on a Disney cruise and really enjoyed my conversations with him. He is an incredible guy. Thanks again Ducky!

Travis from NH on June 15th, 2010 at 5:31 pm

I really want to see Figment come to life. He’s an amazing character created specifically for the (some what old & dusty) Imagination Pavilion. It would be even more amazing if he could draw him with his one and only pal, Dreamfinder – now that would spectacular! :)

Sherri on June 15th, 2010 at 5:36 pm

I not only have a few signed Artist Proofs of his…I have been in his AMAZING office as well! He is a great super nice guy!

Betsy on June 15th, 2010 at 6:03 pm

Oh wow….that is awesome and it’s even more awesome to find out that he worked on my all-time favorite Disney World restaraunt (Tony’s)-too cool.
Let’s see though I too would like to see Figment or Mickey (my all-time fave) come to life….or even Pluto and Chip ‘n’ Dale-I’d like to see either Lady and Tramp or my favorite Disney villain-Hades come to life. Mostly either Mickey or Lady & Tramp.

Shawna from BC on June 15th, 2010 at 6:55 pm

one of the famous disney couples like Lady and the Tramp, Aurora and Philip, or Ariel and Eric

ryan on June 15th, 2010 at 9:58 pm

my wife would love to see pluto

Timothy on June 16th, 2010 at 12:50 am

Ducky is a true Disney artist of the highest order. Making treasures for all of us to enjoy. His artwork is fantastic and so is Ducky. Thanks Don for all you do. Tim & Kathy

Hope from AL on June 16th, 2010 at 7:25 am

That is so cool! It gave me chills to hear about his impact in WDW. So cool to be able to see someone that has been a part in creating so many cherished images of our beloved characters. Can’t wait to hear more from Ducky! That was truly informational. I love hearing about behind the scenes things like that.