Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Celebrating the Holidays with Harborside Christmas at Tokyo DisneySea

Final Building Block Added to Disney Dream

posted on June 1st, 2010 by Jason Lasecki, Public Relations Director, Disney Cruise Line, Adventures By Disney, Disney Vacation Club

Hey Disney Parks Blog readers – today we have two milestones we’re happy to share! First, a significant milestone with the construction of the Disney Dream and the other, well, may be more significant for me as this marks my first-ever blog post.

I had the fortune of being at the Meyer-Werft shipyard this morning as the final building block for the Disney Dream was put into place. The final block was a 260-ton portion of the ship’s bow – with the signature Disney Cruise Line golden filigree.

Final Building Block Added to Disney Dream

What does this mean? It means the ship is one giant step closer to its January 26, 2011, maiden voyage. It also means with all 80 building blocks for the Disney Dream now in place the focus shifts to outfitting the interior spaces, including:

Final Building Block Added to Disney Dream

Incredible children’s spaces that will immerse kids in their favorite Disney stories and feature some of today’s most innovative technology.

Andy's Room

Spectacular restaurants including Animator’s Palate, a restaurant which will magically transform into an undersea wonderland during your meal.

Or our new nighttime entertainment district filled with sophisticated, trendy, fanciful and fun-filled venues – like Pink, our first-ever champagne bar.

Pink

Look for more Disney Dream updates here on the Disney Parks Blog or on the Disney Cruise Line Facebook page.

So…how’d I do on this first Disney Parks Blog post?

Filed: Disney Cruise Line

Dana on June 1st, 2010 at 10:29 am

We appreciate as many posts about the Disney Dream as possible. We are so excited! Thank you so much for the updates! They
are without question “MAGICAL!”

Ramon on June 1st, 2010 at 10:41 am

You did great. I can’t wait… We need more photo updates please. Thanks

Mary on June 1st, 2010 at 11:05 am

That is ABSOLUTELY AWESOME.

Rachal on June 1st, 2010 at 11:09 am

We could not be more excited. . . keep the updates and pictures coming!!!!

Deborah on June 1st, 2010 at 11:11 am

This is just awesome! We are looking forward to seeing this magnificent ship! Please post more pictures!

Liz on June 1st, 2010 at 11:13 am

We’re taking a mommy/daughter trip for her 9th birthday in August 2011 on the Dream. Can’t wait!!

Lori from TX on June 1st, 2010 at 11:17 am

This looks so cool. 1/26 is my birthday.. how sweet it would be to spend it on the Dream!

Craig from MA on June 1st, 2010 at 11:24 am

Man that’s enormous!!!

Jim from WI on June 1st, 2010 at 11:25 am

Welcome to the blog! Great photos and news!

kimberly from FL on June 1st, 2010 at 11:27 am

You certainly did a fantastic job on your blog, friend. This ship looks incredible!!! I hope to be able to one day join you with my 3 grandchildren. It would be a dream come true!!!

Kenji on June 1st, 2010 at 11:29 am

She is really fabulous!! I imagine TITANIC.

michelle on June 1st, 2010 at 11:42 am

We are so excited to be going on the new ship in March!!! Please keep posting more pictures of the DISNEY DREAM (our dream)

Greg from TX on June 1st, 2010 at 11:56 am

It is amazing the amount of work that goes into the exterior profile of the ship!
P.S. Good post and welcome to the world of Bloggers.

David on June 1st, 2010 at 12:31 pm

I am so looking forward to my first cruise on the Disney Dream. The design of this ship is so beautiful it boggles the mind.

Trish on June 1st, 2010 at 1:14 pm

My daughter Erika Story is getting married and going to be one of the first ceremonies on Valentine’s day 2010 onboard this awsome ship! We are so excited!!!

barbara from NY on June 1st, 2010 at 1:34 pm

It’s BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Thanks for the pictures. I will be on the maiden voyage with my family, it will be my 10th Disney Cruise!

Barbara from MI on June 1st, 2010 at 1:40 pm

I’ll probably never be able to afford this but I “dream” of winning a contest. It’s a beautiful ship, as are the Wonder and the Magic.

Teresa on June 1st, 2010 at 2:01 pm

Congrats on your first blog post! And thank you so very much for the update. I have goosebumps just looking at the pictures. I can’t wait for our first Dream cruise. Now, what’s up with the Fantasy? :-)

Sarah from TX on June 1st, 2010 at 2:08 pm

You did great! Thanks for posting! One year from today, I’ll be ON that ship! Gorgeous!

Dennis from CA on June 1st, 2010 at 2:21 pm

Great job for your first post! We are really excited to see the progress the ship is making! We will be on that maiden voyage too! Keep up the good work!

Christine from WI on June 1st, 2010 at 2:45 pm

We can’t stop talking about the new ship on the disboards :) Can’t wait til we go in Oct 2011:)

Heather on June 1st, 2010 at 2:51 pm

You did FANTASTIC! I want to know more about the Disney Dream. We love going on the cruises.

Teri on June 1st, 2010 at 3:07 pm

Love watching the Dream take shape. We have a family ‘Dream’ cruise booked for June 19, 2011, (grandma, kids, and grandkids) and can’t wait to see her in person. Thanks for the updates

Leslie from FL on June 1st, 2010 at 3:34 pm

239 more days until the Inaugural Cruise! Can’t wait! Sure wish we could help bring it over from Germany! Now that would be a DREAM come true!!

Arlene from FL on June 1st, 2010 at 3:55 pm

Congratulations on such a milestone! Can’t wait to see her here in Port Canaveral.

Matthew on June 1st, 2010 at 4:57 pm

There is nothing like a Disney Cruise, or sailing through the Caribbean while watching Pirates of the Caribbean on the jumbo-tron, what an experience!

Jamie on June 1st, 2010 at 6:14 pm

Congrats — can wait to book on the Dream — nothing is better then a Disney Cruise and Castaway Cay — what else could you ask for

Julie from CA on June 1st, 2010 at 6:20 pm

looks magical…

Tammy from LA on June 1st, 2010 at 10:23 pm

You did a great job with the blog. I just love seeing pictures of the Dream. Keep them coming. My daughter and I will be on the Dream in June, 2011 to celebrate her High School Graduation. Just can’t wait to see the Dream in person.

Stephen from MD on June 2nd, 2010 at 9:46 am

this is Awesome, I cannot wait to ride the Dream!

Mary Jane from NY on June 2nd, 2010 at 10:42 am

Wow….just so exciting!!! We were on the Maiden Voyage of the Magic and are booked on the Maiden Voyage of the Dream (along with the cruise right after it for a back to back)….I am going to need 8 days on that gorgeous ship to explore and take it all in. The Dream MV will be our 20th DCL cruise!!!! Can’t get enough!

CHRIS on June 2nd, 2010 at 1:20 pm

The ship looks magnificent it is so exciting that Disney is expanding their fleet to four ships. I can’t wait to see the Dream set sail I have been telling my three and a half year old daughter that we will take her on her first cruise aboard this his soon. She just went on her first trip to WDW back in February and loved that, so I can just imagine what she will think when she gets a luck at the Dream.

erika on June 2nd, 2010 at 9:20 pm

I can´t belive! Is this true?It is so exciting!!What a beautifull ship!Congrats

chuck from NJ on June 2nd, 2010 at 9:23 pm

goofy about disney says welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. the disney dream is on the verge of becoming a dream come true. thanks for the insight on what will no doubt be a fantastic addition to vacationing on the high seas.

KAYLENE from MN on June 3rd, 2010 at 12:40 am

Our family is soooooo excited!! We will also be on the Maiden Voyage and the one following (back to back). We also wanted more time to enjoy and familiarize ourselves with the new ship. They will be our 3rd snd 4th Disney cruises, with many more to come!! My oldest son now 21 is soooo upset he cannot join us because he will have a newborn, but he will soon be enjoying Disney cruises with his own family! Our “grand kids”, wow time flies but you can always be assured that a Disney cruise will always have everything and more for all ages! (Hope to meet you on board Mary Jane from NY!!)

michael on June 3rd, 2010 at 9:19 am

Can’t wait to see the kids faces when we sail on the Dream in April 2011..

Rochelle on June 5th, 2010 at 10:29 am

Ummm … the last thing I want when on a ship is to be underwater … even the illusion of it.

dreama on June 6th, 2010 at 7:35 pm

I am sooo excited to see the posts and pics (more pics would be awesome) We are already booked for April 2011 and will also be renewing our vows during that cruise…we can’t wait!!! Please keep us updated :)