Astro Orbitor at Disneyland Park

Update: Monthly Payments Program at Walt Disney World

posted on June 24th, 2010 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

Update – August 12: We have a quick update to share today for Florida residents interested in our annual pass monthly payment program option. You can now purchase and renew Florida resident annual passes at any Walt Disney World ticket window. If you recall, the option was initially only available for those of you who purchased an annual pass online. Check below for more details about the program.

New Monthly Payments Program Begins at Walt Disney World

Attention Florida residents … we’ve got some great news to share for those of you looking to spread out the cost of buying Walt Disney World annual passes. Our annual pass monthly payment program is now available online. And how it works is simple. Florida Residents make a down payment equal to the price of a non-discounted one-day Magic Your Way base ticket and then pay the remainder through 12 recurring automatic monthly payments scheduled for the year. It’s interest and finance charge free.

What are the benefits of being a Passholder? The list is long but most importantly, you have access to Disney “magic” all year — attractions, characters and events (the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival is right around the corner). You can also customize your Disney experience when you select the Walt Disney World Florida Resident Annual Pass that’s right for you.

Find your Pass at http://www.disneyworld.com/payments. Oh, and please let us know if you’ll be using this payment option in the comments.

Tagged:

Filed: Epcot, Walt Disney World Resort

1 2 3

Jonathan from FL on June 24th, 2010 at 9:00 pm

Awesome! We will be using this program when we renew. Thanks!!

Thor from CA on June 24th, 2010 at 9:01 pm

I do this payment plan here in SoCal, and it’s great! About time they brought it to Florida.

I had to chuckle at the Main Street USA Barbershop Quartet pictured on the website, featuring a Tenor in Turn-Of-The-Century garb serenading park guests with his reflective sunglasses on. Ah, Main Street USA, that special time in America when the gas lamp was giving way to the lightbulb, the horse-drawn trolley was giving way to the new fangled motorcar, and fashionable UV protectant eyewear was becoming available at The Emporium. I LOVE it!

Edgar on June 24th, 2010 at 9:03 pm

Thank. You. So. Much!! I literally shrieked when I read this. I had no intention on buying an Annual Pass anytime soon, but now I’ll be buying one on Monday. You just got yourselves a Passholder for life. =)

Erica on June 24th, 2010 at 9:03 pm

I would most likely use this but I’m not a Florida resident. Why limit this to only them?

Angela on June 24th, 2010 at 9:04 pm

Wow! We have been wanting to buy annual passes but it is a large amount at one time – wish it was available to everyone. :(

John on June 24th, 2010 at 9:04 pm

That’s great, but what about the thousands of us Annual Passholders that live outside of Florida?

Vickie from FL on June 24th, 2010 at 9:05 pm

Honestly all I have to say is its about time :) Universal and Busch Gardens/Sea World have been doing this for years. Which is the reason we have passes to both theme parks. However we did finally spring for Season Passes this year for Disney thanks to the 4 day Dream pass, which broke up the cost a bit. We will definitely be looking into this. Will there be an upgrade/renewal option for current passholders? Thanks for doing this! Increases the odds for extended magic for years to come. :)

Mia on June 24th, 2010 at 9:06 pm

Georgia residents would LOVE this opportunity too!!!!!!!!

Todd on June 24th, 2010 at 9:06 pm

What about us DVC members who purchase the Annual Pass? Is this option open to us, too?? PLEASE!!!

Norma from IN on June 24th, 2010 at 9:08 pm

How about a payment plan for Non Florida Residents?

JENNIFER on June 24th, 2010 at 9:09 pm

THIS A TOTALLY AMAZING OPPURTUNITY………..THIS WILL ALLOW OUR FAMILY TO ENJOY DISNEY MORE OFTEN..THANK YOU

Charles on June 24th, 2010 at 9:11 pm

Wow, sounds great for FL residents. The ironic thing is, if I was a FL I could afford to buy a season pass all at once, versus everyone else in the world and no payment option. Way to go Disney!

Marlene from GA on June 24th, 2010 at 9:12 pm

This is great for Florida residents but what about your Georgia neighbors to the north of you. I live only 30 minutes from the Florida line!

Jonathan from FL on June 24th, 2010 at 9:14 pm

Re: my previous comment… just read the details. Renewals not eligible? That’s… really something.

Suzannah from FL on June 24th, 2010 at 9:14 pm

Do you know if there are future plans for this to work for renewals and upgrades (e.g. seasonal to annual/premium passes)?

I will definitely use it once our current passes expire or even earlier if they allow upgrades. :)

Heather on June 24th, 2010 at 9:16 pm

Why is this just for FL residents? We go to Disney every year and like to purchase annual passes. I’d like to have this option also.

Kelly from NY on June 24th, 2010 at 9:16 pm

What about non-FL residents?

Barbara on June 24th, 2010 at 9:20 pm

Is the “issue” date the date of purchase? or the first day it is used? Any indication that this will be available outside of Florida residents in the future?
It would be a great way to purchase an annual pass for next year!

Carolyn from GA on June 24th, 2010 at 9:20 pm

Are they going to extend this option to neighboring states???

Marci on June 24th, 2010 at 9:21 pm

Is this only for Florida residents? That stinks if it is since 95% of WDW guests do NOT live in Florida…

Lisa from FL on June 24th, 2010 at 9:23 pm

We will SO be doing this! This is EXACTLY what we have been waiting for!!!! Our family has had Busch Gardens passes for years this same way, and we have been hoping Disney would give us LOYAL DISNEY FANS the opportunity to do this with the Disney Passes as well. THANK-YOU DISNEY for FINALLY making this possible!!!!! :D

Kari Ann on June 24th, 2010 at 9:24 pm

Will this be offered to non-Florida residents?

Jennifer from NJ on June 24th, 2010 at 9:24 pm

Is this only available for Florida residents? I want an annual pass too!

Mary on June 24th, 2010 at 9:25 pm

This is a great deal for Florida residents, but not all AP holders live in Florida. I certainly hope this option will be available to non-Florida residents soon.

glaiza from GA on June 24th, 2010 at 9:26 pm

what about GA residents? we’re only 3 hours away. please advise. thanks

Albert from NJ on June 24th, 2010 at 9:27 pm

What about Non Florida Guests?

Elin on June 24th, 2010 at 9:31 pm

Any chance this could be extended to non-Florida AP holders in the future?

donna on June 24th, 2010 at 9:32 pm

Why do the people who spend the MOST to get to disney, non FL residents, get no break like this? where is the logic?

Taryn from TX on June 24th, 2010 at 9:33 pm

I’m taking it this is only available for Florida residents from how the article reads. Will it ever be an option for out of state guests? Thanks!!

Josh on June 24th, 2010 at 9:36 pm

Wish this was open to non-Florida residents. I come down as often as I can (multiple times throughout the year for at least 3 days each and usually one or two longer vacations) and have an annual pass. It’d be nice to have the payment plan option as well.

James from MI on June 24th, 2010 at 9:40 pm

It would be nice if this was available to non Florida residents too.

Michael from NY on June 24th, 2010 at 9:40 pm

How about showing some love to DVC members? It might make some of us more open to purchasing that annual pass if we can pay in installments.

Jenny on June 24th, 2010 at 9:43 pm

What about DVC members??? what benefits do we get?

Sidney from FL on June 24th, 2010 at 9:45 pm

This is great news I’ve definitely been waiting for. My family will definitely be signing up for the annual passes using the monthly payment option. Without this option, I more than likely would have opted not to pay the approximate $1,800.00 up front it would have cost my family of 5 (plus an infant) to purchase the passes. I am positive that it will prove to be a great business move on the part of Disney to expand access to the annual passholder programs in this way.

Randolph on June 24th, 2010 at 9:46 pm

Would Disney consider providing the same service to passholders that are not Florida residents?

Erin from GA on June 24th, 2010 at 9:51 pm

Will this be available to residents of states other than Florida anytime soon?

Tom from IN on June 24th, 2010 at 9:51 pm

Great to finally see this! I’m going to give the benefit of the doubt and assume that it’s first being rolled out only to Florida residents as a “beta” test to test the waters/gauge demand. I’d really like to see it offered for all APs!

michael from SC on June 24th, 2010 at 9:54 pm

Agree with what Jenny said. DVC perk in the making. I know I would partake and be in the parks more!

DEBBIE from GA on June 24th, 2010 at 9:57 pm

How about making this available to Georgia residents. I live five miles across the Fla – Ga line. I would snap this up in a heartbeat!

Vanessa from FL on June 24th, 2010 at 10:00 pm

OF COURSE we will be using this option! We’ve been waiting for this for forever!!!

mollie on June 24th, 2010 at 10:02 pm

why not everyone, I spend lots of money at Disney and go once or twice a year!!

Janice on June 24th, 2010 at 10:02 pm

This should be available for ALL AP holders, not just FL residents, and for renewals as well.
I have been an AP holder for 5 years now and I live in NJ.

Angela from MI on June 24th, 2010 at 10:05 pm

PLEASE let DVC members outside of Fl have this option!! please please please!!!

Jessica on June 24th, 2010 at 10:06 pm

I would LOVE to have this option but I LIVE IN OHIO =(

Kipp on June 24th, 2010 at 10:07 pm

Yes, agreed. I’m not a Florida resident, but would LOVE to have a program like this available!

Leah on June 24th, 2010 at 10:08 pm

Please extend to other states – I also live in GA and would love to have this payment option.

Angelia on June 24th, 2010 at 10:08 pm

Absolutely!!! We’re a annual pass family of 5 with a new Disney kid on the way! 5 annual passes at once hurts! This is wonderful!! We already participate in the same programs with Universal and Sea World; just have been waiting for Disney to finally launch their own!

Kristi on June 24th, 2010 at 10:09 pm

As someone who lives in Northern California, I understand all of the posts here by people in states neighboring Florida who are eager for the ability to have these payment plans as well. We in NorCal have been waiting for years to have this oppotunity extended to us, but alas, so far it is only for the Southern California residents. I have had a number of Disneyland Premium annual passes through the years, even though I live in the Bay Area. I am certain that I average more trips to the parks than many a SoCal resident…!

Holly on June 24th, 2010 at 10:13 pm

Its truly a shame that this isn’t open for everyone, and that it’s not available for renewals.

Patti from SC on June 24th, 2010 at 10:14 pm

What about monthly plans for non-resident DVC members.

1 2 3