The American Idol Experience at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Radiator Springs Racers is ‘On Track’ to Star at Cars Land

posted on June 25th, 2010 by Valarie Sukovaty, Disneyland Public Relations

“Cars” is one of my all-time favorite films from Pixar and that’s why I’m so excited to give you a peek at the vehicle testing for Radiator Springs Racers. This thrilling new attraction is set to open in 2012 with the debut of Cars Land at Disney California Adventure park. Vehicle testing is an important milestone in the development process and that means we’re one big step closer to racing through this new land. Testing is expected to continue through the end of July, then the car comes off the track while construction is completed.

The bright cars you see here will each carry six guests through the twists and turns of Ornament Valley. Radiator Springs Racers covers a lot of ground – nearly half of the 12 acres in Cars Land! Check out our video and imagine what this high-speed adventure will be like.

Tagged: , , , ,

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Resort

Aimee from CA on June 25th, 2010 at 7:25 pm

So cool. Can’t wait!!!

Pamela on June 25th, 2010 at 7:25 pm

Wow that looks like so much fun! I can’t wait!

Jennifer from WA on June 25th, 2010 at 7:30 pm

I cannot wait!

Janaye on June 25th, 2010 at 7:33 pm

My son is so excited about this ride. He just saw the video and wanted me to promise that he’d be the first one to ride when it opens! LOL I told him we’d definitely be there that summer but I couldn’t promise any more than that.

Laura on June 25th, 2010 at 7:37 pm

This is one of the new things that we are most looking forward to as a family. It looks like more fun each time there is another peek into the development. Can’t wait to try them out!

Jason on June 25th, 2010 at 7:39 pm

ahhhhhhh yeah! So awesome!!!

Heidi on June 25th, 2010 at 7:42 pm

My daughters can’t wait. My four year old is such a Cars fan. She just asked when we could go and I told her not till she was 6. What a pouty face. We call are so excited to go.

Jill from CA on June 25th, 2010 at 7:42 pm

We have been watching from dirt up and we are super excited to be able to see it and cant wait till it opens!!!!

Monica on June 25th, 2010 at 7:47 pm

Awesome!!! Can´t wait!!! :)

hayden from CA on June 25th, 2010 at 7:57 pm

My one concern is that since it is for the children, what will the minimum height requirement be?

Valarie Sukovaty on June 28th, 2010 at 12:17 pm

Cars Land will have several attractions the entire family can enjoy. The Radiator Springs Racers cars will travel at a high speed and the height requirement to ride will be 40 inches.

Suzanne from WA on June 25th, 2010 at 8:10 pm

This looks awesome! I can’t wait!

Fred from CA on June 25th, 2010 at 9:16 pm

I’m so excited for this ride and the entire land!

Its going to look so beautiful when its all done.

Cars Land can’t open fast enough for me! :)

Diana from sonora on June 25th, 2010 at 10:01 pm

yeah me too, i agree with number 10.
and i hope they make a restroom very near the line area.

carol on June 25th, 2010 at 10:07 pm

Oh yea!!!!!!

Ryan from CA on June 25th, 2010 at 10:07 pm

@ Hayden

The height requirement will be the same as Tower of Terror, Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, Test Track and most other Disney thirll ride, 40 inches.

Daniel from CA on June 25th, 2010 at 10:12 pm

I have been on Test Track, and it is really, really great! I can’t wait for this!

However, what baffles my mind is that W.D.I. and D.L.R. can spend only Mickey knows how much money on all of this, yet, the old People Mover track still remains to be a piece of dead, contemporary art.

WHY?

Hopefully, we will see some construction walls go up in that area soon!

Kayla on June 25th, 2010 at 10:50 pm

wait does this mean no more bugs land? Cars land looks fun but ill miss it.

Valarie Sukovaty on June 28th, 2010 at 1:38 pm

Cars Land is being built in a brand new area and will not replace any other land at Disney California Adventure park.

Pete from PA on June 25th, 2010 at 11:57 pm

I really hope that they’ll eventually bring this attraction to Hollywood Studios in Orlando; they can put it where they have the stunt show; it would be perfect there! Until then, I can’t wait to travel west to CA after 2012 to visit.

Robert on June 26th, 2010 at 1:05 am

@hayden – height requirement should be the same as Test Track as the vehicles are pretty much the same. That’s 40″.

As for the video and such itself – being an Epcot fan, all I can say is “It looks like Test Track..” because.. well.. it is.

Selena Ann on June 26th, 2010 at 1:14 am

Can’t wait! My son is a CARS-fanatic and would LOVE this ride.

Dicken from NV on June 26th, 2010 at 2:07 am

Kathy Mangum, I’m sad the cars on the ride don’t look more like “Lightning McQueen”. I hope you/they don’t get too far away from the movie, as “Cars” may be the best and most romantic racing movie ever made. I hope they can find a way to show generations of Park goers, what a Great Road Route 66 really was. I hope when it opens Joe Rampht looks down and smiles.

Julie on June 26th, 2010 at 2:53 am

It is gonna ROCK ! I hope they fast pass it! Toy Stoy Mania needs one bad. Thanks for the update and video…looks amazing.

Thor from CA on June 26th, 2010 at 5:52 am

OMG!!! That is so awesome! You can already tell how huge this ride is by looking at the construction area from the Fun Wheel! And Kathy Mangum seems like such a fun lady to have be in charge of this new ride. She really seems genuine and nice, and like her heart is totally into this big project! I love that Disney hires people like that to build their parks! I can’t wait for 2012!!!!

Fred from CA on June 26th, 2010 at 1:23 pm

Kayla– A Bug’s Land will not be removed. Cars Land is being built on the old Timon parking lot behind the park. :)

Dicken–The ride vehicles are not supposed to be a specific character from the film. Lightning McQueen will be seen in the ride. In fact, from what I have read, just about every resident of Radiator Springs will make an appearance in the ride. :)

Jovan from CA on June 26th, 2010 at 2:50 pm

How is it the 2nd Generation? It Looks Good! Can’t Wait!!!!!

James on June 26th, 2010 at 4:00 pm

Our family is excited that the Disney World Test Track system is being brought to California – Test Track is one of our favorite attractions at Disney World so this is sure to be a hit at DCA!

Robert on June 26th, 2010 at 4:09 pm

I cant wait for this ride to open. I have been watching construction on this for what feels like forever.

Darci on June 26th, 2010 at 5:04 pm

so cool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skip from FL on June 26th, 2010 at 9:04 pm

#22 – Julie. Come to Orlando, our Toy Story Mania has a Fast Pass. What it needs is a single rider line to fill in the cavities from odd numbered groups of 3, 5, 7, etc… Then again, the wait is nice seeing all those huge toys and games. Test Track has both Fast Pass and single rider lines, maybe Radiator Springs Racers will too.

Marnie from WA on June 27th, 2010 at 2:24 am

How AWESOME!!! Cannot wait!!
It looks like there will be dark-ride elements along with the outside Route 66 track… can anyone confirm this? That would be REALLY wonderful to have a kewl combination of the two in one ride!!! :-)

Fred from CA on June 27th, 2010 at 2:02 pm

Marnie–Yes, it was confirmed by Disney that there will be dark ride elements in addition to the outside track! :)

Salvador on June 27th, 2010 at 6:47 pm

@ Robert In this very short video where all they show is the test vehicle, yes it looks just like Test Track. Once you see the overall attraction with the side-by-side racing, dark ride interior scenes, and life size “Cars” characters…saying it’s “just” Test Track is really selling Radiator Springs Racers short.

I hope it has Fastpass. I am happy Toy Story Mania does not, though! The wait in California is always around 45 minutes without it, while in Florida I always see it around 90-100+ minutes from having to accommodate fastpass.

Tim on June 28th, 2010 at 12:54 pm

It’s going to be lots of fun. Believe it or not, I can’t wait to see what they do with the queue! I’m sure it will have lots of Cars/Route 66 references.

Sacit on June 28th, 2010 at 3:18 pm

Can we please get it at Walt Disney World too????? i know we are getting the whole makeover of the Fantasy land but CARS is also great!

Fred from CA on June 28th, 2010 at 4:02 pm

Salvador–I agree! :)

Fred from CA on June 28th, 2010 at 4:05 pm

Valarie-Please post updates on The Little Mermaid ride when you get them! :)

Cynthia on June 28th, 2010 at 7:15 pm

I’m so excited for Cars Land! I can’t wait to take my grandson’s, hopefully Coen will be tall enough to ride the Radiator Springs Racers. We love spending the day at CA and this will just add to the fun:)

Betsy on June 30th, 2010 at 8:28 pm

Ah Disney! You keep giving me reasons to come back over and over again. Thank you, this ride will be a special one to many. I can hardly wait.

Michelle on July 1st, 2010 at 12:43 pm

Yahoo! I am so excited, it’s always so hard to wait for the opening once you get a teaser! Thanks to the Imagineers for coming up with wonderful new things for us to enjoy.

JASON from CA on July 2nd, 2010 at 11:38 am

This looks great. I heard that Star Tours is closing down for re-imagineering. Are they updating it? Or replacing it?

Fred from CA on July 3rd, 2010 at 1:45 am

Jason–They are updating Star Tours.

Kirsten from CA on July 4th, 2010 at 4:25 pm

Disney should have made a Pixar Land, or something like that. By calling it Cars Land they’ve eliminated the possibilities for rides in that area based on other Disney.Pixar movies such as UP and Wall.e. They could have used the same technology for the “Doom Buggies” at Haunted Mansion for a Wall.e ride and the technology from Soarin’ for an UP ride. And what about all those amazing Pixar shorts? So many opportunities lost.