'World of Color' at Disney California Adventure Park

Special Fireworks on July 4 at Walt Disney World Resort

posted on June 23rd, 2010 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

Fireworks Over Magic Kingdom
Get ready for a treat at Walt Disney World this Fourth of July — we’re celebrating with a unique choice of fireworks shows at several different theme parks. Magic Kingdom Park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios will have special pyrotechnics and Epcot will be adding a patriotic “tag” to its famous “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” spectacular. Here’s the specific breakdown:

Magic Kingdom – “Celebrate America Fireworks” will fill the sky at 9 p.m. After the fireworks, guests can enjoy Disney’s “Main Street Electrical Parade” of lights, music and magic at 10 p.m. and midnight. Park hours are 8 a.m.-1 a.m.

Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Special fireworks set to a rock ‘n’ roll soundtrack will be presented at 9:50 p.m., providing guests with a bonus nighttime entertainment extravaganza to complement “Fantasmic!” (which will be at 9 and 10:30 p.m.). Park hours are 9 a.m.-10 p.m.

Epcot – “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth,” which features dazzling special effects, colorful lasers, brilliant fireworks and fiery torches all choreographed to a musical score, becomes even more dynamic on July 4 as the normal show is supplemented with a patriotic finale. The performance begins at 10 p.m. Earlier in the day, guests will be treated to the Voices of Liberty 4th of July Concert – featuring an expanded cast of singers plus the Spirit of America Fife and Drum Corps and Disney characters – at 12:30, 1:45 and 3 p.m. on the America Gardens Theatre stage. In addition, Betsy Ross will be engaging guests inside The American Adventure with storytelling, while Ben Franklin will be making appearances on the promenade near the attraction. Park hours are 9 a.m.-10 p.m.

Disney’s Animal Kingdom – Guests can enjoy all the regular attractions and shows on July 4 from 9 a.m.-8 p.m.

And of course, entertainment and park hours are subject to change without notice. So, who’s joining us this year?

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disney's Hollywood Studios, Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

26 Comments 1 Reply

Lou from FL on June 23rd, 2010 at 6:40 pm

Of all the expanded offerings, the idea of “meeting” Betsy Ross and Benjamin Franklin are the two most exciting to me. Bringing in important figures from American history and allowing Guests to interact and speak with them provides a wonderful opportunity for both kids and adults beyond simply enjoying enhanced fireworks displays.

Lou
WDWRadio

Amy from PA on June 23rd, 2010 at 6:56 pm

I can’t wait! Will the Hollywood Hills Amphitheater be the best vantage point for the Studios’ fireworks?

Sharon on June 23rd, 2010 at 7:16 pm

I will be there. Tough choice, though, as where we should celebrate. I’ve never seen Fantasmic, but I’m confused how there is a 10:30 show yet the park closes at 10. The Magic Kingdom is sooooo enticing. I’ve seen the Epcot show several times, so I’m thinking I may want to see something new, but I LOVE that show!!! Such tough choices!

Alison on June 23rd, 2010 at 7:17 pm

Nothing beats the 4th at EPCOT. We go every year. We love camping in the American pavilion to listen to The Voices Of Liberty all day and then watch the AMAZING fireworks show later at night.

John on June 23rd, 2010 at 8:08 pm

I’ll be there July 1st to 4th…I’ll be at Magic Kingdom on the 3rd, so I’ll get to see “Celebrate America Fireworks” then…Can’t Wait!!!

Anthony from CA on June 23rd, 2010 at 8:29 pm

@Sharon,
I would definately go see Fantasmic! because it is just the most AMAZING show ever!! When they say there is a show at 10:30 with park closing at 10:00, correct me if I’m wrong anyone,that means that you can stay in the park to watch Fantasmic! and anyone that will not watch the show will be asked to exit the park. Anyone that watches the 10:30 showing will just be asked to exit once that showing is over. Have fun!

Richard on June 23rd, 2010 at 8:47 pm

Ok, now I have a problem….which park to go to!!!!! Thanks!!! :)

Joseph on June 23rd, 2010 at 9:47 pm

Sounds amazing…wish I was going to be there then.

Jennifer from FL on June 23rd, 2010 at 10:56 pm

I will be watching the Magic Kingdom fireworks show from the Polynesian. It’s a tradition my family has done for the past 9 years. I wouldn’t do it any other way!!

Jerry from OH on June 23rd, 2010 at 11:13 pm

I am so excited to be sharing this celebration with my family and their families this year. I think we will be in Epcot. I have seen the July 4th fireworks at Epcot about 3 years ago and it took my breath away!

Mabel from FL on June 23rd, 2010 at 11:46 pm

I had reservations at Coronado Springs resort to be at the parks for the 4th of July weekend but my husband made me change the reservation to the end of the year to ring in 2011 at one of the parks like we have been doing for 5 years now. I was dissapointed cause now we will miss a nice fouth of July event. : (

Mary from TX on June 24th, 2010 at 7:56 am

My family and I are joining you, and we can hardly wait. It’ll be tough to choose which park to go to for the patriotic extras!

Paul on June 24th, 2010 at 9:55 am

That is an AWESOME picture. Can I have it blown up to about 24×36 so I can hang it up on my wall?

Daniel from FL on June 24th, 2010 at 11:40 am

Are any of the shows going to play “The Star Spangled Banner”?

I remember for years Epcot would play a version sung by Sandi Patty, but have not heard it the past few times I have visited on The 4th of July?

Please let us know if any of these show will actually include our National Anthem in the show. Thanks!

Thomas Smith on June 24th, 2010 at 12:47 pm

Hi Daniel…checking on this.

Raymond from KLN on June 24th, 2010 at 3:10 pm

Would you like to tell us about the HKDL how to celebrate the 5th anniversary , any special like show,prade or special fireworks??

Steve from TN on June 24th, 2010 at 4:08 pm

Poor Animal Kingdom. It seems to be left out of all the fun.

Elizabeth from FL on June 24th, 2010 at 6:10 pm

I don’t think the animals at AK would appreciate the fireworks!

Denise from NV on June 24th, 2010 at 10:40 pm

Is DisneyLand doing anything special? If so when & where?

Sue on June 25th, 2010 at 10:26 am

I have a picture from the 70s or early 80s of me and my brother with Ben Franklin at Magic Kingdom. Can’t wait to see him again!

Christopher from FL on June 25th, 2010 at 11:47 am

There is no place in Florida like Epcot to celebrate July 4th and experience fireworks! It has been a long tradition for me and even have met the same people in the same location year after year.

I also miss the Sandy Patty version of The Star Spangled Banner – it really made an impression with the fireworks! Bring it back!

Carol from IL on June 25th, 2010 at 12:29 pm

My husband and I will be celebrating our 25th Anniversary at Disneyworld from July 1st to July 5th! Can’t wait! We have been to Disneyworld at Christmas time (which was BEAUTIFUL) but never on the 4th so we are really looking forward to it!

Jessica on June 25th, 2010 at 3:38 pm

Is there anything that Downtown Disney does for the 4th of July??

Thor from CA on June 26th, 2010 at 6:01 am

Denise, Disneyland is doing their big new fireworks show “Celebrate America: A 4th of July Concert In The Sky” for four (4) separate nights. It will perform nightly from July 1st through the 4th, after the regular and already excellent Magical fireworks perform. That means there will be about 25 minutes of fireworks every night for four nights to celebrate the 4th at Disneyland!

I’m sure our lovely Disneyland hostess Heather Hust Rivera will fill us in on all the details on timing and such soon. They’ve got to somehow work that huge 25 minute firworks extravaganza in for four nights between two nightly Fantasmic! performances and three nightly World of Color shows. It’s probably giving the schedulers headaches, but if anyone can do it, Disneyland can! Woohoo! Happy Independence Day!!!

Emily from NY on June 26th, 2010 at 8:50 pm

Can you see the fireworks from any of the hotels? Coronado Springs in particular..

Irene on June 28th, 2010 at 9:35 pm

Ahh!!! Tough choices! Epcot or Magic Kingdom?! Has anyone seen both and would like provide details on the perks or each? I’m assuming that the Magic Kingdom will be busier on the 4th?

Jennifer on July 3rd, 2010 at 6:11 pm

Why doesn’t Disney air the Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Hollywood Studios fireworks live over ABC the way NBC airs Macy’s and PBS airs the Capitol’s?