Via Napoli Restaurant, Italy Pavilion at Epcot

Video Preview: Main Street Electrical Parade Returns

posted on June 5th, 2010 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

Main Street Electrical Parade: Elliot the Dragon from Pete’s Dragon

Last night, Jennifer shared some images from a recent preview of the Main Street Electrical Parade at Magic Kingdom Park before it officially begins tomorrow. And today, we have more to share — an unreleased Gene Duncan image from the parade and new video of some of the 23 floats in action:

The parade will headline “Summer Nightastic!” June 6 through August 14. You can also learn more by visiting www.disneyworld.com/night.

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Diane from NJ on June 5th, 2010 at 9:36 am

I remember the Electric Light Parade from the ’70s. It really brings me back to my childhood. Can’t wait to plan a trip to Disney!!

Jeffrey from NC on June 5th, 2010 at 9:41 am

Please consider extending the run of the parade until at least next year…

from FL on June 5th, 2010 at 9:42 am

LOVE this parade!! Where can I get the music as a ringtone…anyone know???? Just love the music!!

Mabel from FL on June 5th, 2010 at 9:52 am

I will be seeing it hopefully July 4th weekend! It reminds me and even looks similar to the “Spectromagic” Parade.

Phillip on June 5th, 2010 at 9:53 am

I’ve watched this video 5 times so far with my 2 year old daughter. Every time it ends she says, “AGAIN, DADDY, AGAIN!” She waves to Cinderella and Snow White every time too. THANKS.

Ann on June 5th, 2010 at 9:57 am

Hope this continues through the end of August when we are visiting! Saw it at Disneyland in the 70′s. Would be fun to see it at WDW with my kids.

Kelly on June 5th, 2010 at 10:03 am

I am so happy that it is back! It reminds me of very happy times in my childhood. I absolutely love Elliot and Cinderella’s ball! I will be missing the Blue Fairy, though.

Karen from PA on June 5th, 2010 at 10:20 am

@from FL the song is called “Baroque Hoedown”. I found it on iTunes last summer. I found two versions and bought both. One says it is by Walt Disney Record Archives and the other by The Essential: Perrey & Kingsley. To me the second one sound more like what the one they play in the parade, but you can decide for yourself. I LOVE this parade! First saw and HEARD it in the late 70s at Disney World but they move the parades around to their different parks, but which ever you see in any park is spectacular!

Rochelle on June 5th, 2010 at 10:26 am

I agree … this music should be available as a ringtone … I’d buy it!

Kelsey on June 5th, 2010 at 11:12 am

So excited to see this July 3rd our first night of our vacation! Thanks for brining it back!

Dina on June 5th, 2010 at 11:21 am

I remember first seeing this parade at Disneyland in 1980. I was so enchanted with it! To this day, when I see this parade, I feel like I’m 10 and seeing the parade for the first time!

Tiffany from OH on June 5th, 2010 at 11:30 am

Just watched the video with my 3 y.o. son! Coming to Disney the week of July 10th and can’t wait to see it in person! Celebrating my other sons’ 5th birthday while we are there. Also have a 6.5 y.o. daughter that celebrated her 5th at Disney! Will definitely be there in 2011 for Christmas as we will have another 5th bday, a 2nd bday and a 9 year anniversary for my hubby and I! LOVE DISNEY! Thanks for all the magic!

Lisa from FL on June 5th, 2010 at 1:28 pm

Going to try and see before FL seasonal pass is blocked for the summer. Please consider extending the run of the parade… at least till the end of the year. Be wonderful to go to Food and Wine and be able to enjoy the beloved Electric Light Parade!! Thanks Disney for the memories, old and new!!

Erin from NY on June 5th, 2010 at 1:37 pm

I am with Jeffery from NC…it would be absolutely wonderful if Disney extended the time that the parade was going to be there. My husband and I are planning a trip for January and I would love the chance to see it again!

Susan on June 5th, 2010 at 1:43 pm

Can’t wait to see it this opening week-this has always been my favorite parade since I first saw it in the early 1970′s.

Danielle from KY on June 5th, 2010 at 3:04 pm

My daughter and I have always enjoyed Spectromagic, and we are very excited to see the Electrical Parade when we return in July! We love Disney!

Lesa from AR on June 5th, 2010 at 3:33 pm

I can’t wait to see this parade! We’ve been planning our trip since January and will be there in a week! The salute to America float looks so spectacular. I’m sure I’ll cry when I see it in person.

Ashley on June 5th, 2010 at 3:49 pm

I’m so glad the Electrical Parade has been brought back. Only wish that I could get to see it. Will be going to Walt Disney World in October this year and I think the Electrical Parade will be gone by then.

Frances from OH on June 5th, 2010 at 4:47 pm

I have really missed this parade – my favorite. It would be wonderful if it would stay thru next winter when we’ll be there again. We were just there in April, and the summer is just too hot there for us.
PLEASE KEEP IT!

Deanna from IN on June 5th, 2010 at 9:19 pm

Love this parade!! Saw it in the 70′s, then my kids saw it in 1999. We were so excited to find out that it was back especially since we will be at Disney on June 10th! Makes for a great week vacation. I just hope that they are selling the music again on CD. I bought it in 1999 but have misplaced the CD. Thank you Disney for this extra special treat!

Matt on June 5th, 2010 at 10:26 pm

I can’t wait to see this parade someday… Will it ever return to Disneyland’s Main Street? That’d be truly amazing. I love the new enhancements to the parade, especially the LEDs! However, I’d still like to see the blue fairy in the Pinocchio section.

Also, I’m not a big fan of the new soundtrack. It sounds… sterile. The old soundtrack did sound a little older, but it gave you a warm friendly feeling, rather than a cold dry feeling. But i’m still happy to see the parade still around!!

Melissa from MA on June 6th, 2010 at 8:12 am

Please consider keeping this parade running for the free dining offere dates (8/15 to Sept/Oct?). Many have planned vacations to take advantage of the free dining and they will all be disappointed to learn that the Main Stree Electrical Parade is gone again :(

Suzanne on June 6th, 2010 at 11:16 am

Will Main Street Electrical Parade ever come back to Disneyland, rather than California Adventure?

Brian from NY on June 6th, 2010 at 12:15 pm

i am so EXCITED THAT THEY BROUGH THE ORIGINAL SONG BACK…….AND SOME OF THE LIGHTED FIGURES AS WELL! BRINGS BACK SOOOOOO MANY MEMORIES.! WHEN IWAS A KID.. THANKS SO MUCH FOR BRINGING BACK THE MAGIC ALL OVER AGAIN I LOVE THIS SONG . PUTS A TEAR IN MY EYE! LOVE U DISNEY AND MICKEY AND MINNIE~!!! CANT WAIT TOSEE U IN SEPT. LOOKN FORWARD TO IT PRAY FOR GOOD WEATHER !

Heather on June 6th, 2010 at 1:56 pm

Saw this last night at the passholder preview – I too hadn’t seen it since the 80′s at Disneyland. It was as wonderful and beautiful as I remember it, felt like a kid again! I hate going to WDW in the summer, it’s just so sweltering hot! I hope they will extend the run of this parade through the end of the year so we can go again when it’s not so nasty out. The summertime fireworks show was also fantastic!

Philip on June 6th, 2010 at 5:47 pm

Getting a bit off-topic, I think it would be a great idea to bring back the Country Bear Vacation Hoedown (the long-absent summer season overlay of the Country Bear Jamboree) to the Magic Kingdom as a “Summer Nightastic” offering in the near future.

Brendan on June 7th, 2010 at 9:33 am

I saw this parade last night, it was awesome! Never had seen it before. Thanks for bringing it here!

Derek on June 8th, 2010 at 4:01 pm

Sad that it left California. I just took my two boys for the first time to Disneyland and I know they would of loved that parade. I don’t see why they can’t have it at both resorts. With the world of color at California it would of been perfect.

Derek on June 8th, 2010 at 4:02 pm

Sad that it left California. With the world of color at California it would of been perfect.

Christine from FL on June 10th, 2010 at 11:42 am

Definitely should extend it – why not through Labor Day??!!!!

Denise from FL on June 13th, 2010 at 12:37 am

Please consider extending the special fireworks through the end of the year. It is so hard to get it all in on one viewing.