The Sword in the Stone at Disneyland Park

A Grand Balloon

posted on July 1st, 2010 by Paul Hiffmeyer, Chief Photographer for Public Relations, Disneyland Resort

A Grand Balloon
Talk about something you don’t see every day – here’s an image of a 100-foot-tall tall Mickey Mouse “Happiest Balloon on Earth,” and it’s about 2000ft in the Grand Canyon! It was certainly one of the coolest things that I’ve had a chance to photograph as a Cast Member. The Balloon traveled throughout the western United States and Canada on an 11-week tour to celebrate Disneyland’s 50th Anniversary. Next week, I’ll be sharing another special photo from the tour.

Filed: Disneyland Resort

Fred from CA on July 1st, 2010 at 2:32 pm

I remember that balloon!
Very cool sight.

Jeanne on July 1st, 2010 at 7:22 pm

Is this balloon still flying? If so, Mickey needs to visit the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta in October, and the Red Rock Balloon Rally in Dec.!

Diane on July 1st, 2010 at 7:58 pm

I grew up with Disneyland (Anaheim), living only 15 minutes north from the park. I watched it grow and change ever since it opened in 1955. I love what Mr. Disney stood for and his wonderful imagination. To this day it is still my favorite place on earth. I love this air balloon and wished I could see it up close. I now live in Utah and I try to get to Disneyland as much as possible. I take my grandson with me, so that he too can experience the magical kingdon as I did and still do. I turn into a child again with every visit.

Jessica from FL on July 1st, 2010 at 10:20 pm

Nice

Rebecca from London on July 2nd, 2010 at 12:01 pm

How exciting! What route is it taking from here on?

Nita from CA on July 3rd, 2010 at 10:58 am

This has to be the best photo so far, especially considering the location. Anywhere else this special
shaped Mickey balloon would look big but the spacious Grand Canyon dwarfs its size. It’s an awesome photo and an excellent example of perspective.

Nicole on July 4th, 2010 at 7:55 pm

What an awesome pic!!!!! It looks photo shopped!!
AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!