The American Idol Experience at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Disney’s Wedding Pavilion Marks Crystal Celebration

posted on July 15th, 2010 by Korri McFann, Worldwide Marketing & Business Development Director, Weddings & Honeymoons

Disney's Wedding Pavilion
This Day in History: Disney’s Fairy Tale Wedding Pavilion opened its doors on July 15, 1995 as the first permanent wedding destination at the Walt Disney World Resort. Over the past 15 years, tens of thousands of couples from all over the world have held their happily-ever-after moments in this very special place. We’ve had the pleasure of bringing fairy tales to life in a magical location that offers a breathtaking view of Cinderella Castle.

Disney's Wedding Pavilion
As we look back at the last 15 years, we would like to say a very special thank you to all of our past and future couples. Stay tuned in the months to come as we celebrate our anniversary with exceptional surprises for you!

Connect with us to stay up-to-date on our anniversary celebration! Follow us on Twitter @DisneyWeddings and check out our Facebook page – you’ll even see a pretty cool wedding planning app there in the next month.

Filed: Walt Disney World Resort, Weddings & Honeymoons

Sarah from ON on July 15th, 2010 at 10:25 am

I plan to renew my 25th there. It is only 17.5 years away, but that will not stop me from doing it! :)

Pamela on July 15th, 2010 at 10:26 am

This is a beautiful place. I hope to one day be able to celebrate my wedding there, or my daughter’s. Thank you for providing such a beatiful and magical place for fairy tales to come true.

Tera from OH on July 15th, 2010 at 10:52 am

There could not be a more beautiful place to have a wedding! I would love to be married here!!

Kenneth on July 15th, 2010 at 10:58 am

I got married there. It was worth every penny.

Amanda from NY on July 15th, 2010 at 11:03 am

To be married in Disney is my All time Dream Wedding, I can’t wait ’til the day I can sit down with a Disney Wedding Planner and Start Making my Dreams come true!! I’m so Excited!! I see the Wedding Pavilion and I get so Happy :)

Devonie from WY on July 15th, 2010 at 11:05 am

My husband & I were married there 5 years ago. It cost a lot of money but was worth every dime of it. We go back usualy once a year to visit. It was the best wedding ever!

lorraine from leicestershire on July 15th, 2010 at 11:09 am

If I ever meet my prince charming I want to get married there – I’m not getting married unless I can get married at Disney :-)It would be a dream come true.

Mia on July 15th, 2010 at 11:15 am

@Sarah – LOL we plan on renewing our vows there on our 20th. We are 4 years away!!!! Wonder if it’s too early to start planning??

Colleen from IL on July 15th, 2010 at 11:36 am

My daughter is only 18 and is *dreaming* of a wedding at Disney World…I can’t wait!

melanie on July 15th, 2010 at 11:58 am

its as old as me haha so i live near disney , plan on working there , and want to have my wedding there too …. im not obsessed am i ?

Lynda on July 15th, 2010 at 12:03 pm

My husband and I were married at the Wedding Pavilion in October 2005 and it was worth every penny we spent. Our guests are still talking about our wedding and it’s almost 5 years later! We highly recommend a Disney Fairy Tale Wedding!!

Brian from KS on July 15th, 2010 at 12:07 pm

My fiancee and I will be getting married at the Wedding Pavilion in December. It truly is one of the most beautiful locations on property. We can’t wait!

theresa from NC on July 15th, 2010 at 12:14 pm

IF & WHEN EVER I GET MARRIED IT WOULD BE HERE. THEN GO TRICK OR TREATING OR MICKEY’S VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS

Kym on July 15th, 2010 at 12:35 pm

My husband and I were married there 13 years ago this October. We had the best wedding anyone could ask for. They took care of everything and I didn’t do much.That was the first trip to Disney for my husband, now we go at least once a year!

Jessica on July 15th, 2010 at 12:41 pm

I was married there April 24th, 2007. What a Wonderful Day! We plan on renewing our vows there in the coming years. Its Not as expensive as people think!! If you keep a low key tone in mind Disney will work with you to make it just as Magical as those Huge Weddings that cost thousands. Plus ALL my guests I had one on one time with and I wasn’t in a sea of people. To each there own but remember this is YOUR day not your guests. So if you dream it Disney will bring it to life without putting you and your new spouse in debt beyond belief. Happy 15th to the Wedding Pavilion lets go for 15 million MORE!! Lol! With Disney Anything is possible. These Million Dollar wedding shows are overrated. Disney is the Million Dollar wedding in itself. Who could ask for anything more then to get married at the Most Magical Place on Earth?!

Brittany from FL on July 15th, 2010 at 12:58 pm

I’m getting married there next July! Just started the contract signing process and my fiance and I cannot wait!

Ashley from IL on July 15th, 2010 at 1:13 pm

I hope it’s not too outrageously expensive to get married there–I would loooveee that! My boyfriend and I already go to Disney every year and that’s where I’m truly happiest. I already told him the perfect engagement spot would be in front of the fountain at Epcot at nighttime :)

Brett on July 15th, 2010 at 1:31 pm

This will be great for any future weddings I may have.

Taryn from TX on July 15th, 2010 at 1:33 pm

We were not married in the pavilion, but at the Grand Floridian. As everyone has has said who had a Disney Fairytale Wedding, it was worth every cent and I highly recommend getting married anywhere at Disney to everyone I know getting married. The wedding team is incredible, well beyond incredible, and there is simply nothing like waking up the morning after your wedding at the happiest place on earth!!!!

Matt on July 15th, 2010 at 1:51 pm

We got married there in January 2008. It was a dream come true!

Sandra from CT on July 15th, 2010 at 2:08 pm

We were married Nov. 5, 2005 with the reception in Epcot’s Italy Isola and American Adventure. It was the most amazing experience of my life! I can’t imagine NOT having had my wedding in Disney.

nancy from NJ on July 15th, 2010 at 5:20 pm

i wonder if the percentage rate of couples staying married who had their wedding in disney is higher? i would love to have my wedding there but first i need a boyfriend!!!!! ahhhh just like a women to dream of her prince charming……

Rebekah on July 15th, 2010 at 7:24 pm

Would’ve love to get married at the Pavilion but living on the West Coast we opted to honeymoon at WDW instead. However we were lucky enough to be invited to a wedding at the Pavilion after moving here to Florida in recent years. What a beautiful location for a wedding! It is beautifully designed to showcase Cinderella Castle in the background as the couple share vows. A fairy tale beginning to any “happily ever after” marriage.

Donna on July 15th, 2010 at 8:15 pm

My youngest daughter had her wedding there 4 years ago and it was beautiful. After the ceremony her reception was held at the Grand Floridian Resort. The entire experience was some thing to be remembered forever.

Crystal on July 15th, 2010 at 8:20 pm

We were married there 11 years ago. ♥ It was a truly a Magical day for everyone. Our friends and family still say that it was the most special wedding that they have ever attended. My father-in-law (our best man) passed away 2 months before the wedding, so we were completely devastated. The coordinators took care of everything….. it was the day that started healing our broken hearts. We became Vacation Club members and have visited WDW every month for 11 years. ♥ Happy 15th Wedding Pavilion- See Ya Real Soon!!!

Dawn on July 15th, 2010 at 10:49 pm

I got married there 08-04-02, it’s going to be 8 years this coming Aug and it was well worth any amount that you pay. It was one of the most magical moments ever. As I Bride I was treated like a princess and I felt like I was a princess that day, I had the carriage and was in awe when they stopped the monorail on the tracks as the carriage came around the bend toward the pavilion. My night was almost flawless (nothing that Disney did It was the band leader we hired) Disney will do whatever you want (within reason) and it is well worth any amount.

Jackie on July 16th, 2010 at 8:45 am

We got married there July 15, 2003 and it was AMAZING! I didn’t know that we got married on the anniversary of the opening date of the Wedding Pavillion!!! Our reception was at the Living Seas with the aquarium surrounding us. It was the most beautiful day and we still have family and friends comment to us about how much fun our wedding was! We hope to renew our vows there on our 10 year anniversary!

Laurence from Hampshire on July 19th, 2010 at 8:52 am

We were married there Nov 07. It was a fantastic day – if there’s anyone that know how to organise an event, it’s Disney! We went back for a look around on our first anniversary and we’ll be back celebrating our third this year. Hoping to renew our vows on our 10th anniversary (or maybe our 5th ;))