'World of Color' at Disney California Adventure Park

Disney Parks ‘Quick Hits’ – July 29, 2010

posted on July 29th, 2010 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
Do you remember our favorite Disney Parks thrill ride question? I do. It showed that there are plenty of Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith fans who can’t get enough of it. For you, we thought you should know that on this day in history, July 29, 1999, the attraction opened. If you were there on opening day, please share in the comments.

Also, we haven’t published this on the Blog but you can now get a better idea of what to expect when the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival begins on October 1. An updated Festival Guide is posted on disneyworld.com.

Now, here are a few other items that didn’t make it to the Blog this week that we thought you’d find interesting:

Sounds Like Summer Concert Series — Epcot’s summer concert series wraps up this week with “Beginnings – A Tribute to CHICAGO.”

Which parks should you visit more than once? — Visiting Walt Disney World for multiple days with multiple kids? The Walt Disney World Moms Panel suggests which parks to visit more than once.

Walt Disney World Dinner Shows — If you’re looking for some extra magic with your dinner, check out these dinner shows at Walt Disney World.

Tee Up Good Times at Walt Disney World — The parks aren’t the only places to enjoy at Walt Disney World. Find out how to book tee times at the Resort’s world-famous golf courses.

Disney Vacation Club Pin — Disney Vacation Club members, this limited release pin, which features Goofy enjoying his Disney Vacation Club home, is just for you.

Filed: Walt Disney World Resort

shawn on July 29th, 2010 at 5:11 pm

Went to passholder premier for Rockin Rollercoaster /early morning with donuts of course! Awesome!

Mitchell on July 29th, 2010 at 5:20 pm

I love that ride SO much!

Darlene from GA on July 29th, 2010 at 5:46 pm

Absolutely LOVE the take off…awesome. Such a fun ride; can’t wait to ride it again.

steven on July 29th, 2010 at 7:24 pm

I was there at Disney on June 20 to 25. I must of been on the rocken rolle coster 10 times

Benjamin on July 29th, 2010 at 10:54 pm

I actually got to ride the Rock N Roller Coaster before it officially opened! They had a soft opening on my honeymoon, the week of July 11, 1999! :)

Gabriela from CO on July 30th, 2010 at 12:15 am

I was there!I also got a cast preview with my fellow cast member Laura. Shout out to all of club 29 who might be reading this blog! Good times!

Christine from NY on July 30th, 2010 at 3:16 pm

I was there on July 29, 1999. I was 17 and just graduated High School. I was on vacation in Orlando that week and I remember hearing on the radio that they were giving away prizes for people to be driven to MGM in a limo and to be the first to ride with Aerosmith and Steven Tyler. The park was so packed that day with people, radio stations, news crews and some famous people. I tried so hard to see Aerosmith but I had just missed them. I did see Jessie Camp (MTV VJ) and the group he use to be in. It was alot of fun. I was just in Magic Kingdom last week on vacation again but this time I was celebrating my daughter’s first visit. Next time we plan I bringing her to Hollywood Studios (MGM).!!!!