Halloween at the Walt Disney World Resort

First Look: Artwork for Mickey’s Soundsational Parade Coming to Disneyland Park in 2011

posted on July 30th, 2010 by Heather Hust Rivera, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, The Walt Disney Company

A new parade, Mickey’s Soundsational Parade, will stomp, clang and drum its way to Disneyland park next year.
Soundsational Parade Artwork
Today, we’re sharing the first preview of the artwork for Mickey’s Soundsational Parade. It gives you a glimpse of the vibrant colors and exciting array of Disney characters that may appear on the streets of Disneyland park in 2011.

Plus, there are a whole lot of exciting elements for the new parade that can’t be captured in this artwork:

• The parade is an explosive music festival with thrilling rhythms and bold percussion that will bring to life some of the most beloved melodies from Disney films.
  • Live musicians will amplify the fun. Mickey Mouse and some of your favorite Disney characters will play live and will encourage members of the crowd to join a giant jam session.
  • Lively dancers will stomp out rhythms as a syncopated drum line, twinkling cymbals, steel drums and more entertain guests with sensational sounds!

The parade promises to be the most foot-stomping, infectious festival of music you’ve ever seen — or heard! I’ve heard it’s “soundsational!”

What do you think of this new parade? Is there a particular parade float in the artwork that you’re most excited about?

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

Brendan on July 30th, 2010 at 1:07 pm

I think my daughters will be most excited to see the Princess and the Frog float buried back in the left corner of the artwork. I’m looking forward to music during that section. :)

Cody on July 30th, 2010 at 1:17 pm

This looks like a great parade. From the concept art, it even kind of looks Tokyo Disneyland caliber. The colors look fantastic, and im also excited for the Princess and the Frog and the Three Caballeros flots, and the costumes for the Mickey and Friends.. OVerall, cant wait to see the real thing.

Craig from FL on July 30th, 2010 at 1:22 pm

Wow! The artwork looks beautiful! I love the idea of having live music in the parade. Any chance it will come to Florida?

Travis from NH on July 30th, 2010 at 1:25 pm

Where is Walt Disney World’s new parade for 2011? Especially since it’s the 40th Anniversary of WDW. Magic Kingdom has basically had the same 3 o’ clock parade since October 1st, 2001.

Alexander on July 30th, 2010 at 1:25 pm

This is great! I really like the Mickey float! I noticed in the back right corner, the princess float has a tall tower. Would this be from Tangled? If so, I am glad to see it is being incorporated into the parade.

Charles on July 30th, 2010 at 1:27 pm

I also do not understand why Walt Disney World is not getting a new parade…

Krista from WI on July 30th, 2010 at 1:39 pm

This artwork is incredible. Glad we’ve been talking about finally making it back to Disneyland potentially in 2011!

Christopher on July 30th, 2010 at 1:40 pm

Looks like Rapunzel is at the end of that tower of hair. See her in the pink dress in the front?

Ana from TX on July 30th, 2010 at 1:41 pm

This looks amazing – can we get it in Disney World too? I’m tired of seeing the same parade every trip!

Benny on July 30th, 2010 at 1:44 pm

It needs Lilo and Stitch, lol ;)

Adam on July 30th, 2010 at 1:45 pm

I am looking forward to this parade. It feels like it tries to capture the feeling and crowd interaction of Celebrate… A Street Party! while correcting the things that didn’t work so well with that party, namely a lack of incredibly themed floats as well as Disney music.

The Ariel float looks incredible and excites me the most.

Angie from AZ on July 30th, 2010 at 1:50 pm

Looking forward to a new parade, Nightastic summer parade just didn’t do it for me, I love Tinerbell float and what looks like the new Tangle movie in the back right. Fun!

Lisa from NV on July 30th, 2010 at 1:57 pm

So I look at this and I see Peter Pan! Yippieeee! But I keep looking a realize Princess Tiana and Ariel and the Princess float and a carousel float… It all just looks exciting! I love the Celebrate parade right now at Disneyland! Exciting things are happening at DL and DCA! :D

Stephen on July 30th, 2010 at 2:07 pm

Is this another “street party” type of thing? I miss traditional parades. They had a fantastic one at Tokyo Disneyland while I was there this spring, but I was disappointed to find there wasn’t one at Disneyland proper.

Heather Hust Rivera on July 30th, 2010 at 2:22 pm

Stephen, it’s a traditional parade, but I’m told there also may be a few show stops. 2011 is a long way away, so I’ll guess we’ll have to wait and see :)

Kayla from AZ on July 30th, 2010 at 2:08 pm

We go to Disneyland several times a year and I am sooo looking forward to this! My family was so disappointed when the Parade of Dreams ended cuz it was the best! But now this looks like a hybrid of that and the new Celebrate parade. I am especially looking forward to new Ariel float, The Three Cabaleros, & Princess and the Frog floats!!

Heather Hust Rivera on July 30th, 2010 at 2:23 pm

Kayla, I think your description is right on – a hybrid!

Melissa on July 30th, 2010 at 2:15 pm

It’s sad that the creative teams work so hard on these shows, like this and world of color, and it’s just ruined in practice by rude cms on the ground.

TRACY from CA on July 30th, 2010 at 2:17 pm

The Mary Poppins float looks awesome! Please keep it classic Disney, no funky Disney Miley Cyrus pop!

Fred from CA on July 30th, 2010 at 2:21 pm

It looks awesome! I’m really looking forward to this parade.

I’m just a tad disappointed that the characters from Bolt were in the parade.

For the record; I really wish that the Bolt characters were seen in the parks. It was a very good movie and I would love to see the characters in the parks. They would be great in DCA.

Fred from CA on July 30th, 2010 at 2:23 pm

….CORRECTION: I meant to say “I’m a tad disappointed that the characters from Bolt are not in the parade.”

Bolt was a good movie and I wish that the characters were in the parks.

Mark from TX on July 30th, 2010 at 2:30 pm

Finally, was the first word that came to mind. SO excited that we’re getting a new parade, that incorporates some of the GOOD aspects of CASP! So do we have a release date of when this parade will start? Summer Nightastic or beginning of the year? I have to plan my next trip. :)

Roger on July 30th, 2010 at 2:33 pm

I’m so excited about this parade! Looks like we will also see characters that don’t get to be seen all that much in the Parks in this parade. All the artwork looks absolutely amazing!! I also can’t wait to hear the music! Hopefully we get a sneak peak at it on the Blog soon!

Alex on July 30th, 2010 at 2:36 pm

Excelent! Walt Disney Creative Entertainment never fails to amaze us! This is what C!ASP should’ve been, and i think this is the perfect hybrid for an attempt to create a combination of Classic elements, such as characters we love and we’ve grown with, and also the incorporation of modern elements, as we saw them on C!ASP, but with more “Disney” theme on it! It’s fantastic and i cannot wait to stand at Main Street to see this!

June on July 30th, 2010 at 2:43 pm

I can’t wait to see this! When in 2011 will it start? I love the idea of live music and steel drums.

Tim from CA on July 30th, 2010 at 2:47 pm

This sounds absolutely…well, “Soundsational”! Any chance we might get a preview of the music for this parade soon?

Chase on July 30th, 2010 at 3:00 pm

LOOKS AMAZZING HAVEN’T SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS EVERR! AND IM GLAD TIANNA IS FINALLY PART OF DAILY DISNEY LIFE! HAHA …. SPEAKING OF THAT…..WHAT HAPPENED TO TIANNA’S BOAT SHOW?

Jaime on July 30th, 2010 at 3:12 pm

Yay! This looks much better than the “Celebrate” parade. I can’t wait to see it. When is it supposed to debut???

Daniel on July 30th, 2010 at 3:18 pm

The best thing about this is NO PIXAR! I couldn’t be happier!

Connie from CA on July 30th, 2010 at 3:18 pm

Oooh, I agree with Cody!!

Christina on July 30th, 2010 at 3:19 pm

When in 2011? I need to start planning my trip now! The parade looks like it will be AWESOME!

Samantha on July 30th, 2010 at 3:20 pm

No words can express the excitement I have for this parade. I’m so happy they’re keeping it classic, throwing in some new (good) Disney, and are making it a traditional/hybrid parade. This Celebrate Street Party parade was horrible. I didn’t get a sense of Disney at all when I watched it, unless Clarice walked by. (Very good with her. We never see characters like that!) When I look at this new concept and see what is in store for Main St., I get butterflies. :)
It’s about time! :D

Albert from CA on July 30th, 2010 at 3:23 pm

Looks amazing! But not liking the lack of Alice. =(

Also, anyone notice Rapunzel being added to the Princess float?

Caitlin on July 30th, 2010 at 3:24 pm

I am most excited for the Lion King and Aladdin and what and an appearance by Peter Pan [even though the float belongs to Tinker Bell :( ]

Also looks like Rapunzel is being included on the princess float, I thought it was Giselle at first but I remember there was all the issues with Amy Adams’ image that kept her from being used as a Disney Princess.

Lori from CA on July 30th, 2010 at 3:40 pm

I’m a little disappointed that while it seems multiethnic (probably to pick up the different rhythmic styles of world music) there’s no Mulan float — there’s a huge amount of Asian music that would likely blend into this really nicely.

That said, it looks like a great parade nonetheless!

Andrea from CA on July 30th, 2010 at 3:43 pm

The princess float looks awesome! I like how Rapunzel’s hair is incorporated so appropriately on the float!

I’m also glad to see that Princess and the Frog gets a float (will Prince Naveen be there? He’s my favorite prince!). My boyfriend will be THRILLED to see Dr. Facilier.

Happy to see that it’s mainly comprised of classic Disney animation :) The Pixar characters are already quite prevalent in California Adventure (but, I do think we still need some WALL-E somewhere ;) ).

Very excited for this parade.

Taylor on July 30th, 2010 at 3:55 pm

Yay! this makes me really happy. Personally I wasn’t a huge fan of the parade (or rather “street party”) that’s going on right now. I’m happy Disney decided to put an actual parade back at Disneyland like there’s supposed to be.

jamie on July 30th, 2010 at 3:58 pm

I know this is the wrong forum for this post, but I can’t find a place to post it. I just watched the video of “It’s a Small World” and it brought up a question I’ve been wondering. Why does the disneyland attraction no longer sing both verses, only the first one?

Andrea on July 30th, 2010 at 4:03 pm

This looks like a great parade! My boys & I go about every other week & love the parades. I know Mickey is always a favorite but we LOVE Peter Pan!!! My boys were Peter Pan & Captain Hook for Halloween last year & want to be them again this year :) Aladin is another favorite of our. We can’t wait to see it!

vanessa on July 30th, 2010 at 4:05 pm

oh i cant wait to see what u have to offer with the lil mermaid in this parade…i absolutely love her…cant wait

Emily on July 30th, 2010 at 4:13 pm

YES!I SEE RAPUNZEL, LOUIS FROM PRINCESS AND THE FROG, AND TIANA!!! :D

Kristin from CA on July 30th, 2010 at 4:17 pm

Thank goodness! I’m sorry but the Celebrate Street Parade just isn’t the same type of quality I’m used to when it comes to Disneyland. I really don’t think in any instance Mary Poppins should be dancing to Ricky Martin music. This parade looks like it’s going back in the right direction. The floats all look amazing, mixing some old classics with more of the modern characters my generation grew up with. I can’t wait to see Ariel’s float, I really hope it lives up to the Parade of Dreams.

Lyndsey on July 30th, 2010 at 4:18 pm

This looks wonderful. Amazing concepts. Fabulous colours, whimsical designs, perfect for a Disneyland parade. Last trip to Disneyland, my family stopped to get a glance at “Celebrate… A Street Party”, and quite frankly, it wasn’t worth the small span of attention we granted it. However, this parade looks amazing, and I cannot wait for its debut.

Only complaint, I’m not fond of Rapunzel on the Disney princess float. I understand wanting to encorporate Tangled, but she hasn’t proven herself to be a Disney princess yet. Especially with the computer animation, I simply don’t think she fits in, and she seems to be taking center stage in the float.

The Princess and the Frog float and the Mary Poppins float are flawless, though. Simply breathtaking. Definitely my favourites.

chris on July 30th, 2010 at 4:19 pm

OMG PRINCESS AND THE FROG !!! I LOVE TIANA!!!!!!! AND DR. FACILIER !!!!!!

Alisha from UT on July 30th, 2010 at 4:27 pm

This looks amazing! I’m so glad we’re getting a new parade! I loved the Parade of Dreams, and I’ve looked forward to something new. This will be fantastic!

Thor from CA on July 30th, 2010 at 4:33 pm

What a gorgeous looking parade! Thank you Heather for confirming the online rumors about Soundsational!!! 2011 is going to be a HUGE year for Disneyland; Little Mermaid and Goofy’s Sky School and Paradise Garden opening in California Adventure in May, and Star Tours 2.0 and Soundsational opening at Disneyland around the same time! And we thought 2010 was huge with World of Color and the new Rivers of America opening up! I can’t wait for 2011!!!

Wayne on July 30th, 2010 at 4:41 pm

Love seeing a Mary Poppins float! That’s terrific!

Joshua from AL on July 30th, 2010 at 4:48 pm

Love the inclusion of Rapunzel’s tower with all the princesses – now I just hope the movie is as good as I’m hearing. Fingers crossed!

Alejandra on July 30th, 2010 at 4:50 pm

i noticed giselle is sketched on the princess float, i do hope she will actually be on the parade when it premires. =)
that would be awesome!!!!

Alejandra on July 30th, 2010 at 4:53 pm

oh! nevermind.
i see that it’s rapunzel now. lol. my bad.

Ryan from MA on July 30th, 2010 at 6:00 pm

As happy as I am to see this awsome parade,but I gotta ask, why isn’t WDW getting any new attractions? It seems that all Disney cares about is DL and doesn’t care about WDW. Are they going to totally ignore WDW even with the 40th anniversary coming up? I mean come on, WDW needs something new and exciting for its 40th anniversary.

Ryan from CA on July 30th, 2010 at 6:44 pm

What!! Where is Tarzan!!?! How can you have a parade boasting drums and music and not have Tarzan?! Thats like having a Parade about fairies without Tinkerbell.