Halloween at Walt Disney World Resort

First Look: Artwork for Mickey’s Soundsational Parade Coming to Disneyland Park in 2011

posted on July 30th, 2010 by Heather Hust Rivera, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, The Walt Disney Company

A new parade, Mickey’s Soundsational Parade, will stomp, clang and drum its way to Disneyland park next year.
Soundsational Parade Artwork
Today, we’re sharing the first preview of the artwork for Mickey’s Soundsational Parade. It gives you a glimpse of the vibrant colors and exciting array of Disney characters that may appear on the streets of Disneyland park in 2011.

Plus, there are a whole lot of exciting elements for the new parade that can’t be captured in this artwork:

• The parade is an explosive music festival with thrilling rhythms and bold percussion that will bring to life some of the most beloved melodies from Disney films.
  • Live musicians will amplify the fun. Mickey Mouse and some of your favorite Disney characters will play live and will encourage members of the crowd to join a giant jam session.
  • Lively dancers will stomp out rhythms as a syncopated drum line, twinkling cymbals, steel drums and more entertain guests with sensational sounds!

The parade promises to be the most foot-stomping, infectious festival of music you’ve ever seen — or heard! I’ve heard it’s “soundsational!”

What do you think of this new parade? Is there a particular parade float in the artwork that you’re most excited about?

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

Jessica on July 30th, 2010 at 7:23 pm

I am so glad Disney has decided to make a parade with more classic floats! I remember the Lion King parade when I was 5 years old and I loved it. I’m especially excited for the Aladdin float, not much Aladdin in the park.

Riona from CA on July 30th, 2010 at 7:24 pm

I hope this is a traditional parade… I really miss it, I don’t like the street parade that’s going on right now… =(

Delma on July 30th, 2010 at 7:47 pm

Can the Magic Kingdom get a new parade too?!?!?!?!?!?!? PLEASE?!?!?!?!?

Daniel on July 30th, 2010 at 7:50 pm

Good! I do not like the musical parade that Disneyland has now and a lot of people don’t like it either. Can’t wait to see the new!

Douglas from MD on July 30th, 2010 at 8:02 pm

Looks GREAT! I hope we get a new parade at Walt Disney World!!! It seems like the current parade has been around for over 10 years, albeit with different names.

Melinda on July 30th, 2010 at 8:33 pm

I am so excited for this! We definitely needed something new at Disneyland. I do have to say, though, that [in my opinion] “Celebrate!” is a wonderful show in WDW because everyone gets to join in the celebration. Unfortunately, DL doesn’t have the space to allow everyone to participate… which is what I think was preventing the show to reach its true potential. I really enjoyed PoD before it left.. and this new parade seems like its a combination of PoD and Celebrate!. It’s such a wonderful idea!

Fred from CA on July 30th, 2010 at 8:38 pm

I’m glad to see that the three Caballeros seem to be a part of the parade. :)

Though I have to emphasis again that I am disappointed that there aren’t any Bolt characters in the parade. :-/

Elaine on July 30th, 2010 at 9:37 pm

This. Looks. Awesome! I hope there will be lots of classic Disney songs to sing-a-long with. A Mulan float would be nice too! :)

Can’t wait for 2011!!

Conner on July 30th, 2010 at 10:09 pm

Why are all you people complaining that MK isn’t getting a new parade? Celebrate! a Dream Come True is a spectacular parade. Celebrate! a Street Party has absolutely no Disney feel to it and I’m very glad they noticed that. Just took them a while to realize it.

Gretchen from NY on July 30th, 2010 at 10:12 pm

This looks amazing! I am so excited for it! I was SO sad when the Parade of Dreams ended! I hope I fall in love with this parade as much as I did with the Parade of Dreams! And I really hope they decide to add Alice to the parade!

Sam on July 30th, 2010 at 10:12 pm

I like the Princess Float with Belle, Cinderella, Snow White, Princess Aurora…AND Rapunzel along with her long hair trailing up to her tower. She will be a perfect fit with the other girls.

Thomas on July 30th, 2010 at 10:50 pm

RE Jamie and Small World

Our version of Small World does still play the ENTIRE song. You cannot rely on video taped versions of anything. Please, come to the original Disneyland!

Gregory on July 30th, 2010 at 11:37 pm

There were things right with “Celebrate!”? Let’s hope this one isn’t at all like that disaster on wheels.

Ismael from CA on July 31st, 2010 at 12:57 am

looks so much better than what is playing at the park now. glad to see something that fits more within the Disneyland park parade tradition.

The bets thing about this new parade is the addition of characters that have been ignored by Anaheim for many years, The three caballeros.

Hopefully future parades start adding more of these older characters that deserve recognition. I am actually surprised that The Jungle book, Tarzan, and Aristrocats with its fun lively soundtrack is not included in this parade instead of Alladin or Lion King which have been used so many times already in entertainment. I understand the need for a Princess float since they are money makers but at least the float is playing tribute to Disney’s next animated movie Tangled.

I am surprised a tinkerbell float is there too what an odd choice

Ismael from CA on July 31st, 2010 at 1:04 am

oh and i hope there is a mistake in the artwork. I only see two of the three caballeros with some Mariachi players.

I hope the person that is designing this realizes that Donald represented the United States.

Jose Carioca was from South America.

Panchito Pistoles ,who is missing in the artwork, is from Mexico.

How can they include Mariachi which originated in Jalisco, Mexico and not have the one Character that respresents that country

Loren on July 31st, 2010 at 4:44 am

I am very excited about this parade! I usually love what Disney does, but I have to say that Celebrate…A Street Party is, perhaps, the worst thing to ever come to Disneyland. It’s not because of the performers, but just doesn’t have the kind of specialness that I’ve come to know of a Disneyland parade nor does it pull from the rich history of Disney. Who really cares that Winnie the Pooh loves rock and roll or that Clarabelle can’t stop the beat? I just feel very strongly about it and I always whince whenever I hear the announcement for it.

But, Soundsational looks like this will return us to the magic of Disneyland parades. So, I cannot wait until 2011. I just wish they could start it now.

Lizzy on July 31st, 2010 at 7:58 am

That looks amazing I hope I will get to see it. :)

LouAnn from NM on July 31st, 2010 at 9:06 am

Anything Disney does is always fine with me, but the very best parade (next to the Electrical Parade, of course!) they’ve ever produced is The Lion King parade. The music, dancers, floats and remote controlled alligator were unequivocally the best work they’ve ever done. Love those Imagineers! They keep on creating when you think there’s nothing left to create!

Christy from CA on July 31st, 2010 at 1:10 pm

YAY! I’ve been missing the Parade of Dreams so this excites me. I’m really excited for the Peter Pan float!!! Neverland is such an exciting creative fun place so seeing a float of it would be fun! Peter’s always been my favorite character and it disappoints me that all the merchandise is always Tinker Bell and never Peter himself. If that were to happen in this parade I’d be devastated. Not to mention the Disney hotel is going to be tearing down their Neverland theme :(. So far I’ve always been able to find him in the parades and that always makes my Disney day!

Fred from CA on July 31st, 2010 at 1:34 pm

I have to say, “Celebrate: A Street Party” was kind of fun when it first premiered. But now I’m over it. (Especially since the birthday promotion and the “give a day get a Disney day” offer are over)

I am really looking forward to a real parade again. :)

olivia on July 31st, 2010 at 2:04 pm

I wonder if DL and WDW will have two seprate promotions? WDW, celebrating it’s 40th birthday, DL having something with sound or music.

Salvador from CA on July 31st, 2010 at 2:12 pm

@56 Melinda I don’t think participation has much to do with it, as Disneyland’s Celebrate also allows everyone to participate and is a larger scale production than the one at WDW w/ more performers, stilt walkers, and bicycle units. It just didn’t hit the right chord with many.

Leticia from CA on July 31st, 2010 at 2:21 pm

I love the Three Caballeros, Lilo & Stitch would be cute, still one of my top 5 fav Disney movies.

Markus on July 31st, 2010 at 3:34 pm

I absolutely love this! Finally, Celebrate will be gone! I was beyond disappointed when POD was replace with Celebrate A Street Party. But now that this is coming along, I wont be avoiding the parade route around 3:30 now. Also, I’m excited to hear the theme music. If it’s anything like Jubilation at Tokyo Disneyland, I would be the happiest person on earth.

Joshua from FL on July 31st, 2010 at 5:33 pm

Why oh WHY aren’t we getting a new daytime parade at Walt Disney World?

Brian from CA on August 1st, 2010 at 3:10 am

I like the Celebrate A Street Party! I don’t want it to leave! This is such a great show that I think it should stick around for longer

Matt on August 1st, 2010 at 9:25 am

This has to be some of the best news I’ve heard this year!! Disneyland needs a parade. It does. You can’t go to Disneyland and have a complete day without seeing a parade. Parade of Dreams was AMAZING! Celebrate! A Street Party was a good concept, it was fun, high energy, very disney…but it just couldnt fill the place of that good ole disneyland parade. I’m so glad that we’re taking the best of both concepts, so we still have the fun and energy of Celebrate! with the parade part of parade of dreams. I’m sure this will be one amazing parade. This looks like Tokyo Disneyland quality. I love that Mary Poppins float in the back!! Just avoid the budget cuts and you’ll potentially have one of the best parades in Disneyland’s history!

(p.s… I agree about WDW! It’s time for a new parade… the 40th… 10 years (or more for some of the floats) is a little (ok, a LOT) too long for the same parade floats to be playing. The music changes have been great… but we do need a new parade here on the East Coast! (and one for epcot. Tapestry of Nations, in my opinion, was THE BEST! Disney parade to ever take place.)

John on August 1st, 2010 at 3:05 pm

The Three Caballeros float, the Peter Pan float and the Princess Tiana float all look AMAZING!!! I hope Tiana’s float has some great Cajun music thumping from it! All the floats look amazing!

Roger on August 1st, 2010 at 3:16 pm

I love the artwork for the parade. And it makes me happy that there are some characters and films not usually represented in the Parks getting some face time.

Other characters and films I’d like to see represented either in the parade or elsewhere: The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Mulan, Tarzan, Roger Rabbit, Oliver & Company (understandably, would be hard), The Rescuers, and the Great Mouse Detective.

Nathaniel on August 1st, 2010 at 6:43 pm

my sister loves prince and the frog so she will like it and so would I

Melinda on August 1st, 2010 at 10:42 pm

YAY! Our girls are so excited for a traditional parade to come back to Disneyland. The movement of the parade instead of the street party will be a welcome change to our little girls.

Kasey on August 1st, 2010 at 11:10 pm

I’m happy to see that Tiana and Dr. Facilier are on one of the floats, any way they will bring back the show on the Mark Twain? That show was fantastic and really showed off the characters. I miss seeing Dr. Facilier and Louis in the park!

The Three Caballeros are going to be amazing in the new parade, Mary Poppins, and the addition of Rapunzel to the princess float are a few I’m looking forward to! I hope that it brings back the caliber of the Parade of Dreams.

Aubrey on August 2nd, 2010 at 2:51 am

Oh my gosh, I am totally geeking out about this!! This looks amazing!!! I absolutely cannot wait!! Not only do the floats looks beautiful and colorful, but I can just imagine listening to the songs accompanying these floats… not only pumped through Main Street, but by live musicians as well!! This is going to be amazing, I can tell :D

Christal on August 2nd, 2010 at 6:39 pm

That looks amazing!!! I love Disney parades. So glad we just got Annual passes we will so be there opening day :)

Christopher from NY on August 2nd, 2010 at 6:39 pm

It actually looks similar to Tokyo disneyland’s 25th anniversary parade “Jubilation”. I’m very happy that Disneyland is having this parade. Can’t wait!

Edison on August 2nd, 2010 at 7:21 pm

This look like it’s going to be really awesome!!! Any chance on there being auditions for this in the near future?

Cathy on August 3rd, 2010 at 7:49 pm

My BIG QUESTION is. Will this be a real parade or another “show stop” show????????????????????????????

Joey on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:36 pm

Why dont you guys and phineas and fer to the theme parks we really want to meet them

Alex on August 14th, 2010 at 4:17 am

ANYTHING WITH PEOPLE IN THE AIR! So that carousel looking one is calling my name!

Keara on August 18th, 2010 at 4:17 am

Wow! It looks amazing! I love all the bright colors! I think it will be an amazing parade! Although, I would like to see Alice and her friends in the parade! Other than that, it looks awesome!

Lindsay from UT on August 26th, 2010 at 1:43 am

Dear Disney, Do you know what would be really awesome? if you guys held some sort of float designing contest! What I wouldn’t do to see one of my designs (or any other disney fan’s for that matter) in one of the parks!

Tanya on August 28th, 2010 at 12:06 am

I am so happy to see a real parade again! I love Aladin and Jasmine and am happy to see them back in a parade!

I was just at Disneyland for 5 days in July and absolutely HATED the Celebrate Street Party! I am 36 and have been going to Disneyland or World every year since I was 5 and never had I been so let down as I was this year.

At least I still have the Christmas parade to see this year!