Sunset Over the Tree of Life at Disney's Animal Kingdom

‘Main Street Electrical Parade’ Extended at Walt Disney World

posted on July 29th, 2010 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

Main Street Electrical Parade at Walt Disney World
Just as scores of you had hoped – we’re leaving the lights on and extending Disney’s “Main Street Electrical Parade” at Walt Disney World. By popular demand, the parade at Magic Kingdom Park will continue an open-ended run when “Summer Nightastic!” ends on August 14.

It’s probably no surprise to hear that the parade has been one of our highest rated entertainment experiences at Magic Kingdom Park since returning in early June. It’s been an “overwhelming success,” according to Park Vice President Phil Holmes. And now, you’ll be able to continue cheering and humming “Baroque Hoedown.”
Main Street Electrical Parade at Walt Disney World
Of course, new elements of Disney’s “Main Street Electrical Parade” will continue during the encore phase of the run. Those include:

• Tinker Bell leads the eye-filling procession, waving from the basket of a balloon floating gracefully above a magical garden shimmering in fairy light.
  • Pinocchio and the boys from the classic film’s Pleasure Island sequence join the parade, and Snow White joins the Seven Dwarfs on a diamond mine float.
  • There are new lighting effects, and the parade’s highly recognizable musical theme is brightened by new technology.

Will you take advantage of the extended run? Let us know in the comments.

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

1 2 4

Kelly from NY on July 29th, 2010 at 9:34 am

When is it extended until?

Thomas Smith on July 29th, 2010 at 5:00 pm

Hi Kelly, it’s an open-ended run.

Marcel on July 29th, 2010 at 9:36 am

Yes, I will. I was hoping for this to happen. Thanks!

Allison on July 29th, 2010 at 9:36 am

This is SUPER INCREDIBLE EXCITING NEWS!!!!! My favorite parade is staying!!! THANK YOU for making my day!!!!

James on July 29th, 2010 at 9:37 am

MSEP has always been my favorite parade. I am glad that it is now extended. I look forward to seeing it many more times!

Shannon on July 29th, 2010 at 9:41 am

I’m going in Spetember, so that’s exciting news… As long as Wishes comes back!

Donna from NY on July 29th, 2010 at 9:43 am

Do you know how long it will be extended for? I will be there the end of October and would love to see the Electrical Parade. It has always been my favorite of all Disney parades!!

Teresa from PA on July 29th, 2010 at 9:44 am

I love this parade, but please tell me Spectro is coming back! It’s my absolute favorite. I love the music so much it’s my ring tone on my cell phone. :-)

Matt from FL on July 29th, 2010 at 9:49 am

I’m sure most fans will be happy with this news. Will any of the other Summer Nightastic elements be extended? The fireworks? Tower of Terror?

Matt
Orlando Attractions Magazine

Thomas Smith on July 30th, 2010 at 6:01 pm

Hi Matt, nothing else from Summer Nightastic! will be extended.

Zack on July 29th, 2010 at 9:52 am

Lets hope Disney World takes care of it….. Lately from what Ive read online some floats have been out on random nights.

Dennis on July 29th, 2010 at 9:52 am

After seeing both, I’m more Spectromagic.

Mary from ON on July 29th, 2010 at 9:53 am

Yay! ! ! ! 20 years ago I took my son to Disney World and have pictures of the Main Street Electrical Parade. Now, I am taking my daughter next week and she can see the same parade her brother did.
Super excited!!!! (yes, I have a child who is 23 and one who is 3!!!)

Michael from KY on July 29th, 2010 at 9:55 am

Heard nothing but great things about MSEP, coming down last week of Sept, hope it’s still running!

Jessica on July 29th, 2010 at 9:57 am

I am so excited by this news! My husband and I arrive on August 15th and were hoping we’d get to see it – he’s never gotten to experience it and I haven’t seen it since I was a little girl. Yay!

Margaret on July 29th, 2010 at 9:58 am

Great, hope it is still there in January.

Karen from TX on July 29th, 2010 at 10:02 am

YAY! Will be there the last week of September – so, I will DEFINITELY be watching the parade. Thank you for extending it.

Penny from DE on July 29th, 2010 at 10:02 am

Please keep it for the remainder of this year so my kids & I can see it when we come for the holidays.

Debbie from MA on July 29th, 2010 at 10:03 am

That’s great news! I would like to know how long it is extended for..

Neula on July 29th, 2010 at 10:06 am

Yay! We’re coming on August 20th so now we can see it! Maybe this will make up for Toy Story Mania being closed that week. :) lol

Jessica on July 29th, 2010 at 10:08 am

Okay – can someone explain to me what the difference is between Disney’s “Main Street Electrical Parade” and “Spectro-Magic”?

I saw The Electric Lights Parade as a child in the early 80s. Then I took my husband for his first ever visit in 2002 and it was now Spectro-Magic. When did it become Main Street Electrical Parade? Why did it become this and what is the difference between all of them, if any?

Not being snide; just really want to know.

Thanks!

Zach from IA on July 29th, 2010 at 10:11 am

I really hope it runs through September, we will be there the 16-24th
Fingers crossed,

Bud from PA on July 29th, 2010 at 10:11 am

We’re headed down Sept. 20 – 30….Never saw the MSEP, but are HUGE fans of SpectroMagic!! Wonder which parade will be operating in that time frame……

Barbara from NY on July 29th, 2010 at 10:13 am

Yes! We will be there starting August 15th – 25th and I was hoping this would be the case. It has been years since I have seen this parade and i was getting a little tired of Spectromagic as we have seen it so many times. It will be wonderful for my kids to see it for the first time! Any word if the fireworks will be staying, too or if it will go back to Wishes?

Kathryn from OH on July 29th, 2010 at 10:16 am

But will they schedule it on more nights in Sept. The week we are going it is only going to run on 1 night the whole week.

Caitlin on July 29th, 2010 at 10:17 am

Yes! Yes! Yes! Thank you soooo much for keeping it!!! This is the parade that I grew up with, and one of my favorite things in Disney. I was so upset when Spectro-Magic started running…I refused to watch it, because, to me, it wasn’t nearly as good as the Electrical Parade

When I found out it was coming back this summer, my family started looking into going down. I just got back from that wonderful trip, and saw the parade twice when I was there. But hearing that it’s staying longer makes me want to start planning the next trip :)

Jason from Hampshire on July 29th, 2010 at 10:19 am

I will now get to see the MSEP for my trip beginning August 16th, but a little disappointed because i love spectromagic, and its far superior to the MSEP in my opinion. oh well…..

Kerri on July 29th, 2010 at 10:20 am

WooHoo! I was disappointed when I thought I would miss out on MSEP! We are not going until late October and I am so excited that I will likely be able to see it!

Michael on July 29th, 2010 at 10:26 am

Does this mean no Spectro-magic?

Thomas Smith on July 30th, 2010 at 6:04 pm

No “SpectroMagic” Parade while Main Street Electrical Parade is running.

Ryan on July 29th, 2010 at 10:27 am

Yes I will certainly take advantage of it! I am going down August 16! I am so excited that the Main Street Electrical Parade has been extended!

Valentin from TX on July 29th, 2010 at 10:29 am

Any word if Summer Nightastic Fireworks Spectacular might be extended to Labor day? Thanks!

Robert from MB on July 29th, 2010 at 10:30 am

Wonderful news! We’re going to be @WDW this Christmas season and have seen Disney’s Electrical Parade in California Adventure but missed the new floats with Tinkerbell and Pinocchio!!

Sarah from ON on July 29th, 2010 at 10:31 am

I enjoy all Disney parades. So whatever is there in September I will be fine with. :)

Tom on July 29th, 2010 at 10:31 am

Hopefully this will still be around until at least the middle of October next year so I can see it on my next trip.

Alberto on July 29th, 2010 at 10:33 am

The Main Street Electrical Parade should stick around until the construction at Fantasyland is complete. I think it would make up for the construction walls and the removal of Toontown. It would probably keep attendance up while the new attractions are completed.

Phil on July 29th, 2010 at 10:36 am

YES! I love the Main Street Electrical Parade and I am SO happy to have it stay longer!! Thank you Disney!! :D

Audrey Allison on July 29th, 2010 at 10:37 am

yes! will be there in mid September and am looking forward to it!

Allison

Keane from IL on July 29th, 2010 at 10:38 am

I knew I could count on you guys to do the right thing. ;-)

tabitha on July 29th, 2010 at 10:40 am

Sweeet!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! That is the best news I’ve had all week! We missed the front end of Nightastic and I’ve been upset all summer that I couldn’t make it back, now I feel so releived that MSEP will still be there when I get back, that is more motivation to re-schedule our Sept trip!

Kimberly on July 29th, 2010 at 10:44 am

Can you extend for, say, a year? :D That would be perfect!

Christopher from NY on July 29th, 2010 at 10:51 am

I am so psyched because I missed it by one week at the start of Summer Nightastic, and was going to miss it by one week again at the end. Yay.

Coleen from NC on July 29th, 2010 at 10:52 am

We’ll be there next week to see it in person!

Jennifer on July 29th, 2010 at 10:54 am

We’ll be there in September and will totally be psyched to see this parade! We’ve never seen it, but the pictures look gorgeous. Awesome news!

Joseph from IL on July 29th, 2010 at 10:55 am

This is great news! My wife will finally be able to see my favorite parade, and I’ll be able to see it for the first time since 1988!

One question, though — when will the parade elements that were damaged in the fire backstage at the Magic Kingdom be replaced?

Melissa from IA on July 29th, 2010 at 10:55 am

We are planning to be there in September, so if it is still running, we will absolutely take advantage!!! I haven’t seen it in SO long and remember it as a child! Love it!!

Erin on July 29th, 2010 at 10:58 am

I’m excited to hear this news! Hopefully I’ll be able to see the parade during my trip in September. Any news if any of the other elements will be extended? Preferably the Tower of Terror changes?

Christopher from TX on July 29th, 2010 at 11:04 am

We have been in the fall for the past 3 years and am excited we can experience the parade this year as well. It has been at least 10 years since I last saw it and had been planning to go to Disneyland this summer until they announced it was moving. So excited that I won’t miss it.

Tim from IN on July 29th, 2010 at 11:06 am

It’s not surprising to hear that MSEP has been extended, but I think Spectro needs to come back soon. We just returned from WDW, and I was suprised at how underwhelming the Summer Nightastic elements were for us. Spectro and Wishes were truly missed.

Valerie from NJ on July 29th, 2010 at 11:08 am

Oooh! Hoping that it will be around til next Easter when we return for our annual trip! We do love SpectroMagic but I have fond memories of the Main Street Electrical Parade from a trip way back when and I would love to share that magic with my girls!

Chris on July 29th, 2010 at 11:10 am

I have no way of knowing, but I would speculate that the Electrical Parade will stick around until next year’s Summer Nightastic. Then they can highlight “The Return of Spectromagic”…. It’s not very creative, but is an easy way to bring people in simply by switching out parades.

Angelo from FL on July 29th, 2010 at 11:15 am

Thank you for the Awesome Birthday Gift.

When The Main Street Electrical Parade was announced and it was only running through Aug 14, my heart sank. I am going to Orlando on Aug 20, one week later (for my birthday) and I was sad that I was going to miss it. Now that I get to see one of my favorite all time parades and I am able to share this parade with my daughter (9) it will be an amazing experience.

You have made life long a Disney fan very happy.

Nicole on July 29th, 2010 at 11:16 am

Great News!!! We arrive on the 15th and would have missed it by one day! Now both my boys will get to see it! Woo Hoo!!!!

1 2 4