'World of Color' at Disney California Adventure Park

Moms Panel: Shop ‘Til You Drop

posted on July 28th, 2010 by Laura Spencer, Social Media Manager, Walt Disney World Resort

Disney Dooney & Bourke purse
A very unscientific survey of the Walt Disney World Moms Panel will show that one of the favorite pastimes of the panelists (Disney Dads not withstanding) is shopping while at Walt Disney World! When the panelists are together, there is always a shopping trip or two (or three) to some of the best gift shops on property.

Panelist Cathy S of Ohio feels that nothing says “I had a great trip to Disney” like bringing home lots of magical souvenirs! Here are Cathy’s “Top 5 Favorite Disney Shopping Finds!”

1. Pook-a-Looz plush toys- How cute are these little guys? They are reasonably priced and fit great into your suitcase for the ride home.
  2. Re-usable shopping totes – You can pick up Disneyfied versions at almost every gift shop. They are inexpensive and so durable! Buy them for yourself, your kids’ teachers or for your neighbor who faithfully watched your pets while you were enjoying Walt Disney World!
  3. Disney Photo Frames – When you get that perfect Main Street USA photo developed, boy will you be happy to have a cute frame for it when you get home!
  4. Disney Vinylmation Figurines – This is the hottest collectible craze to hit Disney Parks since pin trading! Hard to explain, but once you see these super cute collectibles, you will want to have them all!
  5. Splurge on a Disney Dooney & Bourke purse – Really, does it get any better than these adorable purses? True Disney fashionistas have at least one in their closets! OK, maybe you will need to buy two or three of these, because there are too many cute designs to pick from!

Filed: Walt Disney World Resort

Rachelle from CO on July 28th, 2010 at 6:52 pm

My FAV part about WDW is shopping!

Varsenik on July 28th, 2010 at 6:53 pm

I LOVE the Pook-a-Looz. I’ve only seen the Buzz and Woody ones at the parks, but I’ll definitely be on the lookout for other next time I visit!

Stephanie on July 28th, 2010 at 7:13 pm

I WANT a Dooney & Burke Mickey bag!!!!

Cassi from OK on July 28th, 2010 at 7:19 pm

I so agree about the Dooneys! I look forward to buying a new one each trip!

Angela from NC on July 28th, 2010 at 7:35 pm

Each time we plan a trip, my second thought of excitement is “Mouse Gear!!!!” I alway allot 2 hours for a visit there, I love it so.

Laura from AL on July 28th, 2010 at 7:37 pm

I have the Dooney & Burke wristlet pictured. The best thing about them is hardly any of them are the same. When I got mine I knew I wanted the tea cup, Tinkerbell, and the Cheshire cat on it – and I got it even though I had to look for them in a couple of stores. My friend got one and she was dying for a Mickey head ice cream and Cinderella’s castle on it. There are so many different things on them and they are all different due to the pattern and the way they sew them. It is also very practical for anyone that you want to spend a little bit of money on for a gift. I would vote to buy one for yourself though. I still use my wristlet and wanted the bigger purse in the same pattern but they were out.

Claudia from VA on July 28th, 2010 at 7:42 pm

I get so many compliments on my Mickey Dooney!! Even husbands have asked me where they can get one for their wives….or at least that’s what they say! ;) LOL!!!

Mary from KY on July 28th, 2010 at 8:00 pm

How about a top list of things that are less than $10.00? Those Dooney bags are too pricey. My kind of bag is the reusable shopping bags. Everyone at the stores I go to rave about them when I bring them in. Oh, and I agree with Angela from NC. I love to shop at Mouse Gear. Well, browse, not shop. Going to WDW 3 – 4 times a year doesn’t allow me to see/buy much new merchandise every time I go.

Debbie on July 28th, 2010 at 8:09 pm

I like to shop at Mouse Gear too but Downtown Disney, World of Disney is the best and the D & B purses are great! Well worth paying the extra for. It’s nice have Disney with me all of the time. I use the wristlet as a wallet to complement the tasseled purse that I have. Makes a great set and as a passholder, I get a discount on the stuff that I buy too. I “go crazy” shopping each time that we go to WDW! It’s the best part of the trip.

Mark from WA on July 28th, 2010 at 8:53 pm

Hey, I thought Canadian Chocolate bars like Coffee Crisp, Aero, Smarties, Wunderbars and Caramilks would be on the list. They can be found at the Canadian Pavilion. Yummy Good!

Kelli on July 28th, 2010 at 10:35 pm

Love the Disney reusable shopping bags and the money goes to a good cause!(Disney Wildlife Conservation Fund)

Yasmijn on July 29th, 2010 at 8:12 am

I’ve got till december 2011 to save some cash for those sweet bags!

Janice from RI on July 29th, 2010 at 9:48 am

we must hit World of Disney every trip! can’t wait to see the new kitchen items and all the new Disney earrings. I keep saying that I am going to treat myself to a “good” pair of earrings one of these trips! Love to look for new watches too!

sarah on July 29th, 2010 at 10:06 am

The Pook-A-Looz are adorable! I love when Disney does a unique version of the classic characters.

Kymberli on July 29th, 2010 at 7:07 pm