Disneyland Park, Haunted Mansion Stretch Painting

New Show Coming to Disney Parks This Fall

posted on July 29th, 2010 by Heather Hust Rivera, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, The Walt Disney Company

UPDATE (10/21/10) Disney Channel Rocks! debuts tomorrow at Disney’s Hollywood Studios at 10 a.m.

UPDATE (10/14/10): “Disney Channel Rocks!” is now scheduled to debut at Disney California Adventure park on November 26.

Earlier today we announced the extension of Disney’s Main Street Electrical Parade at Walt Disney World, and if that’s not enough good news for a Thursday, there’s also a fresh, new show coming to the Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort this Fall.

A live, rock-concert style show will blast popular music from a variety of Disney Channel hits, including the “High School Musical” series, “Camp Rock” and “StarStruck.” The show, which has yet to be officially named, will follow a format that is similar to “High School Musical 3: Senior Year – Right Here! Right Now!” The new show is scheduled to debut at Disney California Adventure park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios on October 22.

In order to make way for this exciting addition, the Wildcats from High School Musical will cheer in their last performance of “High School Musical 3: Senior Year – Right Here! Right Now!” at Disney California Adventure park on October 17 and Disney’s Hollywood Studios on October 2. Don’t miss your last chance to sing, dance and cheer with the Wildcats before school’s back in session, but rest assured the Wildcats will be back in a new way on October 22.
the Wildcats from High School Musical
Stay tuned to the Blog for more updates on this new show coming to Disney Parks.

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

Delma on July 29th, 2010 at 8:58 pm

If this HAS to be in the parks, can we please move it off the streets so it doesn’t clog the walkways and ruin the atmosphere/ambiance of the parks?

Jeremy on July 29th, 2010 at 9:10 pm

Really? So soon? wow! HSM3 show wasn’t that old :D but excited for new stuff :D

Devonnee on July 29th, 2010 at 9:28 pm

My son was in the Debut parade for Celebrate, this is truly a great show. Non stop fun!!

matthew on July 29th, 2010 at 9:56 pm

I like this idea! Never cared for High School Musical 3 version and always wanted a Camp Rock version of the show. But 5 muscials in one show is alright with me as long as they peform the good songs. Can’t wait!

Fred from CA on July 29th, 2010 at 11:27 pm

While I am not a huge fan of Disney Channel shows or movies, I’m sure that this will be popular with some people. Particularly the younger crowd.

By the way, I hate to go off topic but; Heather do you happen to know if there will be any Disneyland blog post updating us on “Star Tours: The Adventures Continue” anytime soon?
Many fans are curious about the new ride and are still not sure what to expect from it.

Kerri on July 30th, 2010 at 6:53 am

My daughter will be sooooo excited! We actually arrive at Disney World on October 23 – she was never really into HSM, but she LOVES Camp Rock and Starstruck. Sounds awesome!

Daniel from NY on July 30th, 2010 at 9:01 am

so is this replacing Pixar’s Block Party?

Cynthia from FL on July 30th, 2010 at 9:57 am

My nearly-13 y.o. son was excited to hear this! We love the HSM movies and the street shows that we’ve seen at WDW / DL, and we both enjoyed Camp Rock and are looking fwd to the new Camp Rock movie coming out soon. Not so crazy about StarStruck movie but liked the music. And best news for us is that we’ll be at DHS on October 22nd!

Gerri from OH on July 30th, 2010 at 11:08 am

I agree whole heartedly with Delma. Especially for those of us who go to WDW often and have seen the show. We end up planning our day around that show – being in other parts of the park when it is going on. It is an ok show – just a pain to get around it.

Mysti on July 30th, 2010 at 1:41 pm

That’s great, for people who love those movies. When that show is going on it happens smack dab in the middle of the main crossroads of Disney California Adventure. So If you aren’t already beyond it good luck getting around it. Especially now that Annual Pass-holders can no longer use the Disney’s grand Californian Park entrance to get into the park which was how we got around that show in the past.

Diane from BC on July 30th, 2010 at 4:31 pm

That’s too bad….we miss it by just a couple of days…

Courtney on July 30th, 2010 at 6:50 pm

Will this be on the Parade Route or will it be in the Hyperion?

Thomas on July 30th, 2010 at 11:23 pm

YUCK

Tony from CA on July 31st, 2010 at 5:58 am

Yeah when are they going to graduate? hehe this the 5 year plan? hehe yeah one thing i don’t like is i can’t get to where I need to because they block my path and i have to go a longer path to get to where i need.

Darren on July 31st, 2010 at 9:43 am

Just call it HSM4. Where is the Imagineering anymore? It just seems like more of he same old thing. Some of over the age of 9 are pretty tired of this rolling rock concert.

Dan on August 7th, 2010 at 8:44 am

My kids will love this show. I hear the HSM, Camp Rock and Starstruck songs around my house daily! How fun!

Bethany on August 25th, 2010 at 2:55 pm

Our last day of vacation will be on the first day of the show at Disney Studios.. our daughter was looking so foward to the High School Musical Show… looks like our plans are changing so we can be at the first show!!

Claudia on August 25th, 2010 at 3:23 pm

This will def appeal to a much younger crowd. Me not so much :(

Kristen on August 25th, 2010 at 3:34 pm

I told my kids about the change and they are all very excited. I understand how some people feel that the show just gets in their way, but kudos to Disney not getting rid of it b/c of a few crankies. This show is for the kids!!!

Jeff from OH on August 25th, 2010 at 5:03 pm

Excllent idea, kids eat this up.

I think some people just don’t get Disney. Stop and take it all in.

Alicia from NJ on August 25th, 2010 at 5:11 pm

That is great! HSM3 will be missed. They need to do older movies too!

Allison on August 25th, 2010 at 5:38 pm

Any chance they will be trying it out a little early?? We will be there October 10-16

george from FL on August 25th, 2010 at 5:44 pm

GLAD TO SEE SOMETHING NEW…TIRED OF THE SAME OLD THING EVERY TIME I VISIT WHICH IS EVERY FRIDAY!

Regina on August 25th, 2010 at 6:16 pm

This show is a little hard to get around but it is also kinda entertaining. I have never stopped to watch; however, I find the music and dancing to be almost carnival like. It just adds to the atmosphere that is uniquely Hollywood Studios. Short and sweet–I think it is neat and new music wouldn’t be a bad thing.

Jessica on August 25th, 2010 at 6:33 pm

I’ve seen the first two versions of this show at Hollywood studios and have never had a problem getting past if I don’t fancy stopping. Just go through animation courtyard. I don’t understand the problem. My little cousin really enjoyed taking part in the original HSM show in paris-any chance the Disney channel version is coming across the pond? Fans like me in the UK would love to see it.

hanouf on August 25th, 2010 at 9:46 pm