Disney Parks Blog Celebrates the 20th Anniversary of Tower of Terror at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Chef Mickey’s Adds Short-Term Character Lunch Buffet

posted on August 24th, 2010 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

Chef Mickey
For just 14 days in August and 14 days in September-October, Chef Mickey’s restaurant at Disney’s Contemporary Resort is adding a lunch buffet, complete with Disney Characters to meet and greet diners.

High demand for the free dining package necessitates the expanded dining time, but anyone (not just guests on the package) can make a reservation at 407-WDW-DINE or here. Cost is $28.75 including tax, $15.97 ages 3 to 9, under 3 free.

Dates are now through Aug. 28, and Sept. 19-Oct. 2. Lunch hours are 12:30-2:30 p.m. Breakfast and dinner are still offered as usual.

Filed: Disney Dining, Hotels & Resorts, Walt Disney World Resort

Christine on August 24th, 2010 at 4:47 pm

I think it would be wonderful if they added this all the time!! We were able to walk up when we were down and get a seating right away!!

Carlos on August 24th, 2010 at 4:54 pm

Anybody have a menu available for this?

Krystal from OK on August 24th, 2010 at 5:06 pm

Very disappointed … We made breakfast reservations for one of these dates several months ago (when there wasn’t lunch for this restaurant), but we would have rather had lunch.

Just called almost immediately after this post was posted to the site and there was not 1 reservation available for lunch on my particular date. And it’s a weekday!!!

Not nice, Disney!!! You should notify people of these changes at the same time!!! So, we all have a chance to make the reservations we want! :0(

Craig on August 24th, 2010 at 5:14 pm

i agree with Krystal…just called and could not get in anytime during Sept 25 to Oct. 1!!

Elizabeth from VA on August 24th, 2010 at 6:00 pm

What’s w/the short-term? CM’s is so close to MK, I think plenty of people would love to have the extra option for lunch!

Linda from IA on August 24th, 2010 at 6:21 pm

Sound GREAT!!!! I hope you continue it. We are comming in July 2011, and it would be a great lunch get a way for us.

MARY from OH on August 24th, 2010 at 6:32 pm

I got a lunch reservation about two weeks ago. I have been checking back on dining reservations 3-4 times a day and improving on what I have when I can. Keep trying.

Beth on August 24th, 2010 at 7:11 pm

Were coming down Oct 5th – sure wish Chef Mickey’s was still doing the lunch!

lisa from FL on August 24th, 2010 at 8:39 pm

We have always had luck as a walk in…Even when they are packed.

Darrel on August 24th, 2010 at 9:48 pm

WE are coming down August 29 to September 3 and have been unable to get in to chef Mickey. I would be thrilled if we could get a lunch there. This is not a week you are offering this special. but we would gladly cancel our reservation on Tuesday Aug.31 if we could get in to Chef Mickey!

Jess on August 24th, 2010 at 10:45 pm

We made a lunch reservation for 9/20 back in May, so its been offered for awhile.

lourdes on August 25th, 2010 at 2:08 pm

I really enjoy Cheff Mickey, my next visit is on January 5, 2011 I hope you can extend the lunch, because I went a few times for breakfast and dinner and I love it.

amber on August 26th, 2010 at 11:47 am

My family and I went to Chef Mickeys for breakfast. Not our favorite at all. Very noisy and the characters were in a rush. At 1600 Park Fare the characters stay for 5 minutes each at the table, take photos, sing songs, etc. Much better experience for my 5 year old daughter. We also loves the Polynesian breakfast (same thing, spending a lot of time at the table) They also have a big parade with all of the children and she always leaves so very happy.

Deanna on August 27th, 2010 at 11:17 am

I was also disappointed to hear this news “announced” – that day I called and also my 5 days were already sold out.. It has to do with the dining plan – it’s such a blessing and curse at the same time – reservations sure are hard to come by lately.

renee on August 27th, 2010 at 2:25 pm

to find the menue for chef mickey, go to allears and click dining on the top there. scroll down till u find chef mickey and click, done. my family and i are planning on going to chef mickey for a char breakfast in fab. i cant wait!!!