Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

First Look: Concept Art Shows Rapunzel Meet-and-Greet Location at Disneyland Park

posted on August 13th, 2010 by Heather Hust Rivera, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, The Walt Disney Company

Rapunzel Meet-and-Greet Location at Disneyland Park
As you may have heard, Rapunzel from Disney’s upcoming animated adventure, “Tangled,” will appear in theaters this Thanksgiving. She’ll also be greeting guests in Disneyland park for the first time, beginning October 15. And Tom Smith recently announced on the Blog that Rapunzel will also greet guests at Magic Kingdom Park in Orlando.

We’re sharing a first glimpse of concept art created for Rapunzel’s new meet-and-greet location in Fantasyland. As you can see in the image above, Rapunzel’s 70-feet of golden locks will drape luxuriously around the room. Flynn Rider, Rapunzel’s love interest, will also be on hand to meet and greet guests throughout the day.
Rapunzel Meet-and-Greet Location at Disneyland Park
Rapunzel will be greeting guests in the location that currently houses Gepetto’s Sweet Shoppe.

Are you looking forward to the new movie and the opportunity to meet Disney’s newest heroine at Disneyland park?

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

Catherine on August 13th, 2010 at 2:23 pm

Thanks for the preview of the creative Tangled Meet and Greet. The Tangled trailer was very enjoyable during the Toy Story 3 previews.

Fred from CA on August 13th, 2010 at 2:33 pm

Looks neat. Makes good use of the limited space. That is something that I love. Disneyland is always creative with the limited space that they have.
I just hope that the “tower” will someday be changed back to normal when (and if) the meet and greet ends in a couple years.

I am interested in seeing Tangled.

On the note of seeing character in the park. I really wish that the characters from Bolt were in the parks. California Adventure would be a good location for them.

Gerardo from CA on August 13th, 2010 at 2:35 pm

It looks awesome!!!!! I am really looking forward to this! (Altough it was sad to see Pinocchio’s Village Haus go)

Hope it is already there when I go for Halloween time!

Tamera from CA on August 13th, 2010 at 2:36 pm

I’ll be there! Looking forward to meeting them.

Michelle on August 13th, 2010 at 2:37 pm

Been waiting forever for Disney to do Rapunzel~ :)

Justin on August 13th, 2010 at 2:40 pm

The resort just created Gepetto’s Sweet Shoppe, and now its going to take it away to replace it with the CGI princess? Hmmm…. maybe she should go to the Princess Fantasy Faire with all of her other new friends instead of ousting a new, quaint treats shop that fits next to Pinocchio’s Daring Journey (not Rapunzel’s Daring Journey… lol).

Jane on August 13th, 2010 at 2:41 pm

It looks beautiful! I can’t wait to get to meet them!
Will this be permenant or will the Meet and Greet place become the Sweet Shoppe again?

Nancy on August 13th, 2010 at 2:42 pm

We she be there during the Christmas Season?

Diane from BC on August 13th, 2010 at 2:53 pm

This is great….we will be there when she is there…what about Princess Tiana?

Kevin on August 13th, 2010 at 2:54 pm

So I’m confused? Did she just jump from the tower and high tail it through the roof? If you follow the path of the hair this is what it seems. I’m sure little kids won’t notice, my my analytical mind was wondering? :)

Pamela on August 13th, 2010 at 3:24 pm

I absolutely love the tower. Very whimsical and fun looking. I hope they leave it there always. Can’t wait to see it in October and also the movie in November. My friends and family have always called me Rapunzel because of my hair. Good job Disney. Loving it!!!!

Jaime on August 13th, 2010 at 3:30 pm

We LOVE meeting new characters! How long will we be able to “meet” Rapunzel and Flynn? I hope it is longer than Princess Tiana and Prince Naveene were in their meet and greet spot. I personally thought they should have kept that meet and greet spot in New Orleans Square. It was magical.

Thor from CA on August 13th, 2010 at 3:36 pm

This looks great! Very clever use of that existing tower in that corner of Fantasyland.

Hayden on August 13th, 2010 at 5:14 pm

I can’t wait to meet Flynn! Just by the preview, I can tell that he is going to be a riot!

But I do have some questions, Heather: Isn’t the exit to Pinocchio’s Daring Journey between the new Rapunzel-tower and the meet-n-greet area? I can’t help but think that it would lead to some traffic-issues. Do you know how the queue-line to meet Flynn and Rapunzel will be managed? And do you know how long they will be there to greet guests?

Penny on August 13th, 2010 at 5:22 pm

I’m with Thor, I love the use of the tower in the meet and greet area. The artist’s rendering sure makes you notice how badly the tree in the middle needs pruning though.

Jaclyn from CA on August 13th, 2010 at 5:34 pm

I love the look of this new meet and greet! So inventive and fun. Though the sweet shop just got there, this is a cool new addition to Fantasyland, and I’ll definitely be stopping by to say hi to Rapunzel and Flynn!

Carrie on August 13th, 2010 at 5:37 pm

I cannot wait to see this!!! it looks amazing!! I am definitely seeing the movie when it comes out in theatres and also when it comes to dvd, I’m buying it on bluray!!!!!

Karen on August 13th, 2010 at 9:09 pm

I hope to be there in November with the grandkids. I look forward to seeing the Rapunzel display. Who am I kidding, I just plain and simple look forward to being there with or without my grandkids!

Anita from IA on August 14th, 2010 at 1:25 am

I’m a bit disoriented about the location. I don’t recall Geppetto’s Sweet Shoppe when I was in Cali in March. Is this by any chance what used to be the entrance/exit to the old Skyway? Anyone? Anyone?

Robert from FL on August 14th, 2010 at 6:07 am

Disney World should have a contest for girls 8-18 in different age groups with the longest grown REAL hair. Winners could be at the opening of Rapunzel’s new meet-and-greet location in Fantasyland and get a free entrance to the park for that day and ride as Grand Marshal of the parade. Maybe even a Flynn look alike for the boys. Just a thought. Good job Disney!

Gregory on August 14th, 2010 at 11:37 am

So, when Rapunzel takes a break, she leaves her hair behind?

Fred from CA on August 14th, 2010 at 1:41 pm

Anita–This location is right next to the exit of Pinocchio’s Daring Journey. For a long time, that store was known as Gepetto’s Toys and Gifts. Earlier this year it was changed to the “Sweet Shoppe”.

Jennifer from AZ on August 14th, 2010 at 2:11 pm

What???? I love Gepettos shop!!!! :/

Richard from PA on August 14th, 2010 at 3:41 pm

If Disney is trying to promote Tangled, then why put this at Disneyland? Walt Disney World gets a lot more guests from different parts of the country and world. Disneyland is by and large a ‘local’ park. Sometimes I don’t understand what Disney Parks is thinking.

Monterey from CA on August 14th, 2010 at 4:07 pm

OH! This is magical! I can’t wait to see it!

Julie on August 14th, 2010 at 5:01 pm

Will be seeing the movie …what adorable characters…love the meet and greets…and can’t wait to see what kind of ride attraction they come up with for “Tangled” !

Fred from CA on August 15th, 2010 at 4:20 am

Richard–Disneyland gets its fair share of tourists from all over the world as well, and has every right to promote new movies. Besides, Walt Disney World will be promoted Tangled too.

Disneyland was the original Disney theme park, and the only Disney park that Walt touched and enjoyed. Disneyland deserves respect. :)

Fred from CA on August 15th, 2010 at 4:21 am

..Sorry, I meant to say; “Walt Disney World will be promoting Tangled as well.”

Katherine on August 15th, 2010 at 5:52 pm

Currently this space is the most adorable littloe candy store which just opened. The girl working there last month told me it was already scheduled to close and she didn’t know why. Know it makes sense and we are excited to meet Fynn and Rapunzel – although it is a shame to lose such an adorable little shop!

Katherine on August 15th, 2010 at 6:01 pm

The old entrance to the skyway is up behind a fruit stand, next to Casey Jr. It is hard to see now as nature has almost overtaken it.

Marnie from WA on August 16th, 2010 at 1:19 pm

This looks great! Can’t wait to see how the characters look!

Lynn on August 16th, 2010 at 6:46 pm

Wow! How cool is that, I’m so excited to see the movie…and my note to Richard….oh for cryin’ out loud, Disneyland is the first and original, of COURSE it’s going to be in BOTH Parks! Disney is really big on a thing called Synergy….and it’s perfectly acceptable and what all of us real Disney fans look forward to! MORE MAGIC!!!!!!

Tom on August 19th, 2010 at 1:07 am

Will Flynn also be a greeting character? Either way, looking forward to it!

Donna from IL on August 19th, 2010 at 3:00 pm

Can’t wait for the movie!!

Jeffrey from CA on August 26th, 2010 at 2:23 am

I want to see how they create her hair!
It would be REALLY cool to have her hair laying all around the room — uncut — and trailing back her to head. But I’m sure this will be how it is: Nothing is out of Disney’s reach :)