Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Country Bear Christmas Special at Disneyland Park

First Look: New Disney Fairy Vidia Debuts at Magic Kingdom Park

posted on August 26th, 2010 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

Vidia and Tinker Bell
Yes, there’s a new fairy in Pixie Hollow at the Walt Disney World Resort and her name is Vidia. She’s known as the fastest-flying fairy there is and beginning today you’ll be able to meet Vidia and her other pixie friends – including the world’s most beloved fairy Tinker Bell – at Magic Kingdom Park. Vidia is one of the stars of the upcoming movie “Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue” set to be released on Blu-ray, DVD and via movie download on September 21.

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Lizzi on August 26th, 2010 at 4:09 pm

Oh my gosh, she’s so pretty! Any chance she’ll be flying out to California, too?

Thomas Smith on August 26th, 2010 at 6:36 pm

As a matter of fact, yes, Vidia will make her debut in Pixie Hollow at Disneyland Park tomorrow, August 27.

Catherine on August 26th, 2010 at 4:10 pm

YAY!!!!! I am so glad she will be there. I will first in line to see her, this coming May.

crystal on August 26th, 2010 at 4:18 pm

I love her in the first two movies, it’s nice to see they branch out from the main fairy’s a bit. As she is kinda snooty in the first two I still thought she was very cool, Wind Fairy Power!

Elizabeth from CA on August 26th, 2010 at 4:40 pm

The world is always in need of pixies, fairies, dragonflies, butterflies, hummingbirds, and all of the other magical gifts of Life….could use a leprechaun or two as well!

Tyjanna on August 26th, 2010 at 5:18 pm

We saw three of the fairies on my daughter’s wish trip in March 2009. Really wish Vidia would have been there then as Vidia is her fave! Does she do special appearances in Ohio, LOL?

Greg on August 26th, 2010 at 5:30 pm

It’s great to see Pixie Hollow always adding characters and to offer new photo & autograph moments!!!

Amy from GA on August 26th, 2010 at 5:56 pm

Where in Magic Kingdom at WDW is she???

Thomas Smith on August 26th, 2010 at 6:41 pm

Hi Amy, Toontown Hall of Fame next door to Mickey’s Judge’s Tent.

Sarah on August 26th, 2010 at 6:05 pm

I was just there 3 weeks ago and ofcourse they get a new fairy after I leave. But I’ll be back in November.

JEFFREY from CA on August 26th, 2010 at 7:05 pm

Wonder if Vidia will be in the spot where Fawn,Silvermist and the other 2 go at over at Disneyland. Or is she taking Terence’s place. Well Terence still be around.

Janine on August 26th, 2010 at 7:48 pm

Oh no!! Please don’t tell me she’s taking over for Terrence! There will be some serious pouting going on if my bois can’t see Terrence. :-(
But YAY Vidia!!! I wonder how many of the Goth community tried out to be her.

Jennifer on August 26th, 2010 at 9:13 pm

OH My daughter will be soooo HAPPY ! We are coming in 2011. I hope she is still there when we get there !!!

Amy on August 26th, 2010 at 11:05 pm

I second the comment about Terrence. I hope that we can see Terrence along with Vidia and the other fairies in December at the MK.

And seriously, Disney folks, how about Phineas and Ferb at DHS? By December would be GREAT! Please?!

Lynnae on August 27th, 2010 at 3:35 am

This is exciting news! Vidia is my favorite fairy, so it’s great that they decided to bring her to Pixie Hollow! I can’t wait to go to Disneyland now!

Katherine on August 27th, 2010 at 4:00 pm

Yes, I agree with Amy. WHERE are Phineas and Ferb? They were in the Christmas Parade last year and then that was it. WHEN will they be in the parks???

Lisa from TX on August 27th, 2010 at 5:36 pm

Can’t wait to meet Vidia in December. My daughter wants to know if Fawn, Iridessa and Terence make appearances in Pixie Hollow too? And when?

We met Tink, Rosetta and Silvermist in April. One of the many highlights of our trip.

Theresa from FL on September 2nd, 2010 at 10:04 pm

We are going to see the Passholder preview of the new Tinkerbell movie next weekend at Hollywood Studios. Any chance they will be making an appearance there for the special event??

April from PA on September 4th, 2010 at 11:37 am

My family just returned from WDW. My daughter loves the Disney Fairies and was determined to meet them all. We visited Pixie Hollow 6 times during our week, and managed to meet all 7 fairies. I just wanted to confirm to those who were asking – yes, Terence is still there. You will almost always meet Tink and two of her friends when you go there. On our last visit we saw Tink, Terence and Vidia. They seem to fly in and out quite often, so if you don’t find the fairy you want, try again, or ask a cast member for help and tell them exactly who you are looking to meet.

By the way, to WDW, the current system is quite frustrating for avid fairy fans, since you never know who you will meet. I hope maybe a new solution will develop with all the changes coming to the Magic Kingdom?