Disneyland Park, Haunted Mansion

‘World of Color’ Meet-Up at Disney California Adventure Park

posted on August 19th, 2010 by Heather Hust Rivera, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, The Walt Disney Company

UPDATE: Click here for complete list of attendees. If you are on the list and did not receive a confirmation email, please contact us at meetups@disney.go.com.

Please note that we will not be responding to questions via this email address. If you have questions, please ask them on the Disney Parks Blog, and we will do our best to answer them.

UPDATE: We’re thrilled with the great response to the “World of Color” Meet-Up! We have reached capacity. At approximately 2:00 p.m. PT, we will send the meet-up attendees a confirmation email. If you are on the list and did not receive a confirmation email, please contact us at meetups@disney.go.com. By 5:00 p.m. PT, we will post a link to the complete list of attendees. Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for additional meet-ups in the future.

'World of Color'

You asked for it! After our first successful meet-up back in May, we’ve been planning our next event. We’ve had a lot of requests for a “World of Color” Meet-Up, so next Thursday we’ll be making that wish come true for 300 guests. If you’re a true “World of Color” fan, you will have the opportunity to hear from some of the show’s creators, including two Imagineers.

We’ll be hosting a panel discussion with Steven Davison, Vice President of Parades and Spectaculars, Sayre Wiseman, Director of Show Production, and Mary Niven, Vice President of Disney California Adventure park and Guest Services.

The event will be a rare opportunity for a personal, behind-the-scenes look at the show and its creators. Fans will have a chance to ask questions and to hear the show’s creators talk about some of their favorite memories since they started working on this project in 2005.

As if that weren’t enough, for this very special event, we will have reserved viewing in Paradise Park at the 9:00 p.m. performance of “World of Color” for this exclusive group.

The event will take place from 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. on Thursday, August 26, 2010, and check-in will close at 7:15 p.m.

To attend, please RSVP to meetups@disney.go.com, beginning at 11 a.m. PT, today, and you must include “RSVP to World of Color Meet-Up” in your subject line. The event is subject to capacity of 300 people, so we recommend that you RSVP quickly.

Here are a few things you should know:

• Valid RSVPs must include the following information:
    • Subject line must read “RSVP to World of Color Meet-Up.”
    • Your name must be included in the body of the email.
    • If you are bringing one guest, you must note that in the body of the email. We do not need the name of your guest, but if you do not request a guest at the time you send your RSVP by email, you will not be permitted to bring a guest. RSVPs that include missing information (e.g. incomplete names, incorrect subject line) or request more than one guest will not be accepted and will not be considered valid.
  • Valid photo I.D. will be required at check-in.
  • All guests who RSVP for the event must be 18 years or older, but your guest is not required to be 18.
  • The event is subject to change or cancellation.
  • We will send an email to respondents who sent their valid RSVP via email before we reached capacity to confirm their attendance for August 26. We plan to send this email at approximately 2:00 p.m. PT today, and we will also post a link on the Disney Parks Blog that will include a list of names of all attendees. If you do not receive an email from us confirming your reservation and your name does not appear on the list of attendees, your RSVP was not accepted.
  • Guests attending the meet-up are not required to purchase admission to Disney California Adventure park.

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Resort, Special Events

1 2 3

Annalisa from AB on August 19th, 2010 at 2:01 pm

Please have a meetup in September!! :)

Jacqueline on August 19th, 2010 at 2:06 pm

*fingers crossed!!!*

Heather Hust Rivera on August 19th, 2010 at 2:20 pm

Good luck!

Malc from CA on August 19th, 2010 at 2:06 pm

Yeah! Please pick me!!!! ;)

Dinah on August 19th, 2010 at 2:07 pm

Can’t wait, I’m hoping I made it! :D

Teresa on August 19th, 2010 at 2:07 pm

Send my RSVP, hope I made the cut.

William on August 19th, 2010 at 2:09 pm

Is it limited to only 1 guest per rsvp? It’s hard to choose between the Wife & the Daughter…

Heather Hust Rivera on August 19th, 2010 at 2:18 pm

Yes, just 1 guest per RSVP, for a total of 2 people. RSVPs that request more than 2 people total are invalid.

Loretta from CA on August 19th, 2010 at 2:10 pm

How come Lilo was not included in the World of Color? I love the surfing song.

Richard on August 19th, 2010 at 2:11 pm

Email sent!

ANDREA from CA on August 19th, 2010 at 2:11 pm

I RSVP, and I am praying that I get an invite.

thank you.

Fred from CA on August 19th, 2010 at 2:12 pm

Well, I sent my e-mail. I really hope that I make it in.
Thanks for this cool opportunity! :)

I’m not really sure what question I would ask, but I love WDI!

ANDREA from CA on August 19th, 2010 at 2:12 pm

I am waiting for my e-mail. I am so excited. I hope I get picked.

Ashley on August 19th, 2010 at 2:13 pm

I sent in my RSVP, I really hope I make it!!!

rachel on August 19th, 2010 at 2:13 pm

I would love to come. to bad i live in colorado and dont have the money to get to disneyland.

Amy from CA on August 19th, 2010 at 2:13 pm

mine is sent…hope it was in time..12 minutes could be a deal breaker for disney fans

Catherine on August 19th, 2010 at 2:14 pm

Thank you so much. I’ve been watching the (Wonderful) World of Color in development since 2009. I’d like to know about how they maintain all the water features and what was the most challenging feature.

Amanda on August 19th, 2010 at 2:14 pm

I RSVP’d with my full name, Guest +1 and used the subject line needed to qualify. I hope this is correct. Fingers crossed and looking forward to 2PM!

Jamie on August 19th, 2010 at 2:15 pm

I just put my name and my guest name do you think that will work?

Heather Hust Rivera on August 19th, 2010 at 3:20 pm

Valid RSVPS are defined above. The correct subject line must be included in the email in order for the RSVP to be valid.

Peter on August 19th, 2010 at 2:16 pm

Yeah, as others have mentioned, I hope I got my RSVP email sent in time as well, this would be an awesome experience, especially since I have not yet seen the World of Color show!

Ronald on August 19th, 2010 at 2:18 pm

Please…please….its my anniversary!

Heather Hust Rivera on August 19th, 2010 at 3:22 pm

Happy Anniversary!

Jay on August 19th, 2010 at 2:21 pm

Whoever came up with the idea for these “Meet-Ups” is a genius. What a cool thing to be able to do for Disney fans. As someone in marketing, I am very impressed. Great work, guys!

ANDREA from CA on August 19th, 2010 at 2:22 pm

I was blessed enough to get an invite to the first meet up and it was awesome. Me and my daughter had a great time.

Thanks @Disneyland.

Peter on August 19th, 2010 at 2:22 pm

If I get to go, maybe it’ll be a “thank you” for me starting the Disneyland Fan page on facebook a few years ago before I transferred ownership of it to one of the Ambassadors!

Joanna on August 19th, 2010 at 2:22 pm

I sure hope 11:04 am wasn’t too late to submit. I did a lot of hesitating reading the information to make sure my email was valid. I rushed…I hope my email isn’t incorrect. I’m gonna go “wish upon a star” tonight. 8(|:-D)

Destiny on August 19th, 2010 at 2:23 pm

WWOOOHHHOOOO This is a GOOD ONE! My husband is fixin to deploy early Sept and I would LOVE to get to go to this meet up with him as 1 last thing to do together b4 he leave. I hope I entered in time!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PICK US!!!!!!
Thank you!

Alonso on August 19th, 2010 at 2:23 pm

Sent my email. I hope 7 minutes was fast enough!

The meet-up at the World of Color world premiere was very fun, and i’m sure this will be too! Thanks so much for doing the meet-ups for the fans.

Karen on August 19th, 2010 at 2:28 pm

#20 – Hi Heather,
I sent mine is a while ago. I sure hope I get the “good email” and not the “bad email” for this, like I did for the Toy Story Meet!!

We had such a good time then, we’d love to come visit with y’all again!

Since this is open to twice the amount of last time’s event, hopefully all who want to come will get the chance to come to this event!

Tim on August 19th, 2010 at 2:30 pm

Question: That Thursday happens to be the one day our family from Seattle (parents and 4 kids – ages 11 to 4) will be at the park using our ‘Give-A-Day’ tickets. We already have reservations for Trattoria premiere location WOC tickets for the 9pm show.

Therefore, hopefully I and my guest will get chosen for the meet-up. But I would still like to see the show with my entire family. How might that be possible? Please advise.

Thank you.

Heather Hust Rivera on August 19th, 2010 at 2:40 pm

Tim, if your RSVP was received before we reached capacity, you and your guest will be in a reserved area that we will escort you to. If the rest of your family would like to see the show, they can get FASTPASSES or reserve a picnic or reserved dining at one of two restaurants. Here is the link to a story that has more details: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/06/world-of-color-viewing-tips/. Assuming you are able to attend the meet-up, you could attend the first part of the meet-up, leave the group when we see the show, and then see the show with them, but you will either need to get a FASTPASS or book one of the meals.

Jacqueline on August 19th, 2010 at 2:31 pm

Thank you Heather! According to yahoo mail it was sent at 11:01am! I’m not surprised that spaces are now full!

Jessica from CA on August 19th, 2010 at 2:32 pm

I hope I got in! I write for a Disney news website called Chip and Company and I would love to write a piece on this!

Tonya from CA on August 19th, 2010 at 2:34 pm

Does this also include tickets to get into the park?

Heather Hust Rivera on August 19th, 2010 at 2:46 pm

Meet-up guests will be permitted to check-in at 6:00 p.m. and will not need to pay for tickets.

renea on August 19th, 2010 at 2:42 pm

what time did you reach full capacity?

Heather Hust Rivera on August 19th, 2010 at 2:54 pm

We reached capacity very quickly. Thanks for all of the responses!

Shannan on August 19th, 2010 at 2:43 pm

This would be an awesome birthday present!!!
My hubby’s birthday is 8/22 (sun) and mine is 8/25 (wed)!

Heather Hust Rivera on August 19th, 2010 at 3:21 pm

Happy almost Birthday to both of you.

Julie on August 19th, 2010 at 2:50 pm

If there are any openings…please email me..the last meet up was PRICELESS !!!

Shannan on August 19th, 2010 at 3:13 pm

@24 Destiny- I hope you get it!!! That would be an awesome experience before your husband deploys. Thanks to your husband for his service in the military!!!

chris from CA on August 19th, 2010 at 3:14 pm

Heather and the gang do an awesome job…the last 2 meet-ups were awesome…i’d definitely ask if they’d consider cutting some other part of the current show out to replace the alice in wonderland paper sculptures that should definitely be seen!

Tim on August 19th, 2010 at 3:21 pm

Hi Heather,

In response to your reply to my question above, you didn’t see where I explained that we already have premiere Trattoria dining package tickets for the 9pm show. I actually made the reservation on June 26th – exactly 2 months before the reservation, which is the max.

Let me ask the question another way. Can I get those 9pm dining show reservations moved to the 10:15pm show. That way, myself and my guest will see the show with the meet-up. Then, my whole family can see WOC at the 10:15 show together.

Does that make sense? How can I get that changed? Thank you.

Heather Hust Rivera on August 19th, 2010 at 3:24 pm

Tim, I’m not sure if that’s possible. Let’s see if your RSVP was received before we reached capacity and work from there. I can certainly ask, but I know we’ll have to work within whatever regulations the Foods and Operations team have established.

Jeremy on August 19th, 2010 at 3:23 pm

“What question would you ask about “World of Color” if you had the ear of an Imagineer?”

I would ask them to explain the platforms that raise and lower in the water of the lagoon, and the multi-color laser system that they use for the show – it’s absolutely amazing and I want to know more about it!

Krista on August 19th, 2010 at 3:30 pm

Hi Heather — I have a question I don’t know if you can answer. :-) I didn’t get in on this opportunity, but I am going on the 26th to see WOC for the first time. I have dining reservations at Ariel’s for the 9pm show. My question is, do you think I should change to a different day if possible?? Will these 300 reserved guest spots impact the ‘preferred dining’ viewing area?? Any help is appreciated, I am really looking forward to the show & want it to be as pleasant as possible. Thank you!!

TERRI on August 19th, 2010 at 3:55 pm

This would be so awesome, I want my husband to see it because he works six days a week and we need a date night. Since Dland was our first date this would be perfect. Labor Day weekend we are running the Disneyland Half Marathon together again and it goes to show how super the Disney family does all the way around. My question would be along the lines of how many hours a day did this take up their mental time and how did it feel when it all came together the first time they saw it “be born”.

Nancy from CA on August 19th, 2010 at 4:16 pm

please hold one in December!

lisa from CA on August 19th, 2010 at 4:21 pm

Oh, I hope we get to go next week! We did see the show lat week, but the spots were really bad and I think the show is spectacular. To be able to see it from a good spot would be incredible. What a fun evening it would be!

Lucie on August 19th, 2010 at 4:31 pm

I really hope my mom and I made it in. It’s her birthday today and I wanted to surprise her. Fingers crossed… And if it was night time and the stars were out, I’d be wishing on Evangeline. :)

Dinah on August 19th, 2010 at 4:32 pm

I just got my confirmation e-mail. THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!! I am soooooooo looking forward to this meetup. (Can you tell I’m excited?). :P

Heather Hust Rivera on August 19th, 2010 at 5:45 pm

Congrats

kat on August 19th, 2010 at 4:34 pm

Yeah!!!!! we are going!!!! soooooooooo excited!

Skye on August 19th, 2010 at 4:37 pm

I sent in my RSVP for myself plus one guest. My confirmation is only for one person….

Heather Hust Rivera on August 19th, 2010 at 5:45 pm

Thanks, Skye. We checked your valid RSVP entry and confirmed that you requested a guest at the time you sent the email. You’re all set.

Cassandra from CA on August 19th, 2010 at 4:38 pm

oh i hope i get to go! my birthday is the 25th and i would luv to be able to drive down for my birthday and this! :)

Susan on August 19th, 2010 at 4:39 pm

OMG!! just got my confirmation!!! YAY!! Thank you!!! Can’t wait!!

Friend on August 19th, 2010 at 4:42 pm

I can’t believe that this lined up with our visit! It will be our first trip to Disneyland! Thank you! We were already excited about vacation, but this will be a highlight for sure!

Andrew from CA on August 19th, 2010 at 4:43 pm

I am so excited. Just got the email I can not wait to go. I go to Disneyland and never seen World of Color. Do we have to bring anything to show we are on the list? (Other then our IDs)?

Heather Hust Rivera on August 19th, 2010 at 5:46 pm

Just bring your ID and follow the instructions you received in your confirmation email.

Tim on August 19th, 2010 at 4:45 pm

Heather, I did get the confirmation email. It seems I have 2 options. If you are not able to exchange the 9pm to 10:15pm show for my dining package reservations, then I will call and change the reservation to be 4 persons instead of six, which will save us money. We will watch the show in two places. My wife can have 3 of the children and I will have the other for the meet-up. That is not my preference, but if it is going to be too difficult to change the dining package showtime, that is what we will need to do.

Your thoughts?

Heather Hust Rivera on August 19th, 2010 at 5:47 pm

Tim, please ask the folks you made the reservation with first.

1 2 3