Mission: SPACE at Epcot

Bravest Knight in all the Kingdom: Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique’s New Knight Package

posted on September 17th, 2010 by Dara Trujillo, Manager, Merchandise Synergy, Events, and Communication

Hear Ye, Hear Ye! Young lads are hereby invited to step into our Royal Boutique and be magically transformed into a valiant knight. Your transformation will prepare you for far off adventures filled with slaying dragons and stopping mischievous doers in their tracks.
Young Lad Magically Transformed Into a Brave Knight at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Where can you go to be transformed into this courageous knight? Your magical transformation is awaiting you at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at Walt Disney World Resort.

When you step into the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at Downtown Disney Marketplace or at Magic Kingdom Park, young knights will be treated like royalty by their own personal Fairy Godmother-In-Training. Each Fairy Godmother-In-Training will magically transform boys ages 3 and up into valiant knights complete with a colorful hair gel and confetti and most importantly, a trusty sword and shield.

The Knight Package is available beginning Sunday, September 19th in the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutiques at the Walt Disney World Resort. To book The Knight Package transformation, call 407-WDW-STYLE or to learn more, visit www.DisneyWorld.com/Style.

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Diane from MA on September 17th, 2010 at 1:31 pm

Finally something for the boys in the family YaHoo!!

Christina on September 17th, 2010 at 2:08 pm

Awww, How cute. :)

Ana from TX on September 17th, 2010 at 2:12 pm

So glad boys are getting some love too – hopefully this is the start of more stuff for boys, including merchandise :-)

Javier from FL on September 17th, 2010 at 2:13 pm

this isn’t fair…the princesses get a fancy dress and all we get is glitter gel? where’s the armor and cape along with the sword and shield?

Adam on September 17th, 2010 at 2:19 pm

The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at Disneyland in Anaheim, CA has had the knight package since it opened. Why has Florida waited so long to get it?

Dara Trujillo on September 20th, 2010 at 10:48 am

Hi Adam –
When the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique first opened at Walt Disney World, we offered the ‘Cool Dude’ package. We received so many requests from Guests for the “Knight Package,’ that we decided to bring the Disneyland package to Walt Disney World!

Michelle on September 17th, 2010 at 2:20 pm

That is really neat and I love that they now have something for boys. However, I’m a bit irritated as I *just* booked my kids in the BBB 2 weeks ago (for January) and they never told me about this. They only told me about the Cool Dudes pkg. Now I get to pay for another long distance call :(

Stephen on September 17th, 2010 at 2:23 pm

Did knights really sport “colorful hair gel”?

Mickey on September 17th, 2010 at 2:25 pm

Hair gel and confetti? What self-respecting Knight would be seen with such?
How about a pirate package with scars and an eyepatch?

Dara Trujillo on September 20th, 2010 at 10:51 am

Arr – we offer pirate transformations too! You can transform yourself into a member of Captain Jack’s Crew at The Pirates League in Magic Kingdom Park.

Patricia on September 17th, 2010 at 2:26 pm

LOVE IT!!!

Stephanie from MA on September 17th, 2010 at 2:48 pm

Mickey they do have a pirate package for the boys. Its very cute my nephews did it.

Stacie on September 17th, 2010 at 2:50 pm

I have a 7yr old and now a 3m old. We visit the boutique every year and love it. I am glad the boys can become knights!

Bryan on September 17th, 2010 at 2:57 pm

That’s nice, but I’d still rather be a pirate!

That said: I look forward to the day that I can be transformed into an X-Man…

kendra on September 17th, 2010 at 3:11 pm

How fun!!! I might have to make an apt. for my little knight!

Tim on September 17th, 2010 at 5:24 pm

Talk about out of touch. Is there really a demand for this? Why are we expanding these offerings instead of things that appeal to more people like expanded dining offerings?
Tim
CoHost of the WDW Fan Boys Podcast

nuala from IL on September 17th, 2010 at 5:45 pm

I just can’t see the appeal of the knight package; the pirate thing makes more sense to me. Then again, my 10-year-old wouldn’t do either of them. :-)

ryan from NC on September 17th, 2010 at 6:09 pm

Mickey et. al. DisneyWorld does do the pirate theme. It’s at the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. My son did it last year on his first trip. They dressed him up like Jack Sparrow from Dead Man’s Chest with the six eyes. He got a pirate bandana with earring attached, and a cool sword and then they took his picture and gave him a coin from the treasure chest in Blackbeard’s secret room. It’s also a package where you can do a full dress up with make-up or just the make-up.

Julia from MN on September 17th, 2010 at 6:41 pm

My husband wants to know if there’s an age limit. *teehee* He wants the sword & shield…

Dara Trujillo on September 20th, 2010 at 10:55 am

The Knight Package is for the young and young at heart! Guests ages three years and up can transform themselves into Knights at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique!

Ben on September 17th, 2010 at 7:23 pm

Can grownups go?

Lynne on September 17th, 2010 at 7:58 pm

Aww this is cute! I always thought there should be something for boys and now there is. Too bad my little will have to wait though, as he is not even 2 yet!

Cassandra on September 17th, 2010 at 9:49 pm

In the magic kingdom by the Pirates of the Carribbean boys can get dressed up like pirates. My son did it and they did an AMAZING job!

Stephanie from IL on September 18th, 2010 at 9:05 am

Anyone know what the cost is for this package? I saw the old “cool dudes” package was under $10… wondering what this one might cost with the sword & shield?

Dara Trujillo on September 20th, 2010 at 10:56 am

The Knight Package retails for $14.95 plus tax.

Erica26 on September 19th, 2010 at 5:06 am

Disney should put together packages for older kids. Say… 18ish. xD I’m just dying to go in and get the princess treatment. hahaha.

Robert from TN on September 22nd, 2010 at 11:53 pm

I agree with Tim. Lets do something that really appeals to boys! How about character dining themed for Pirates, Buzz and Woody, or Disney Villains!

Cara on September 23rd, 2010 at 1:57 pm

We did this at Disneyland for my son, he’s 6, and he had a blast! The ladies there took great care of him while his sister and cousin were made into princesses. He chose the hair gel and they asked if he wanted his hair spiked or slicked back. He chose spiked and they even made a colored Mickey head on the back of his hair plus sprinkled Mickey shaped confetti on the top. At the end he received a sword (silver and gold plastic, not the foam pictured) and Prince Philip’s shield with his name on it.

Darlene from GA on September 23rd, 2010 at 6:02 pm

I agree Tim…I have a son that is now 16 and I think he would still have fun doing a “boy” themed meal. A Toy Story, Peter Pan, or Pirates meal would be so much fun. I think most kids (girls and boys) would love something like that. I think the Villain’s character meal would be super fun, too. I think adults would love a change too!
The knight’s pkg is just not going to appeal to a 16 yo boy. Last year he did have his hair gelled at the Main St Barbershop….he had fun but not sure he would do it again.

Laurence from Surrey on October 5th, 2010 at 6:19 am

I completely agree with Erica26 – it would be great if Disney could put together packages for older kids. My daughter who has absolutely loved Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is now a pre-teen and would still absolutely love some kind of makeover experience, just a little more grown up! I’m sure she isn’t alone. Are there any special experiences geared towards pre-teens or teens, boys or girls in Disney World?