'Mickey and the Magical Map' at Disneyland Resort

Celebrating Culinary Adventures With New Mini Disney Gift Card

posted on September 21st, 2010 by Jill Thomas, Business Development Director, Disney Gift Card Services

Hi everyone, today the Disney Gift Card team is excited to share a first look at our exclusive wearable mini gift card design for the 2010 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. This is the third consecutive year that we’ve brought you a new design – and our latest complements this year’s Festival theme of Celebrating Culinary Adventures.
Mini Disney Gift Card
As you probably already know, the mini Disney Gift Card is an easy and secure way to carry your money on your wrist as you experience the Festival. Have you used it before? Please let us what you think in the comments section below.

Filed: Epcot, Special Events, Walt Disney World Resort

George from NY on September 21st, 2010 at 10:21 am

Is it true that snack credits from the Dining Plan can be used to purchase tasting bites at the various venues? If so, can Dining Plan credits be added to the gift card?

gary from FL on September 21st, 2010 at 10:24 am

gary from fl, i have used the card two times,it helps me keep track of my money. also easy to use.

Lauren on September 21st, 2010 at 10:30 am

Love the mini gift card! It is far more convenient to use than cash or using a charge/credit card when visiting the Food and Wine Festival. This year’s design is really cute. Can’t wait to load mine up in 10 Days!!

Stephanie from LA on September 21st, 2010 at 10:32 am

At George: Snack credits can be used to buy snacks Around the World. I don’t think the can take them off of your key to the kingdom card. It has no monetary value. Just a credit.

Philip on September 21st, 2010 at 10:34 am

I love the card. Last year was the first I have used one. It makes keeping track of what limited budget we come with so much easier. I enjoy the Festival so much more.

Dale from MD on September 21st, 2010 at 10:47 am

We normally just use our “Key to the World” card, but this year I’ll probably get one of these to have as keepsake.

We’ll be down in 20 days — can’t wait!!

Diana from FL on September 21st, 2010 at 10:48 am

Great idea, how and when can I buy one of these??

Diana from FL on September 21st, 2010 at 10:49 am

Great, how and when can I buy one of these?

Marci on September 21st, 2010 at 10:50 am

I love the gift card idea. I wish we could add snack credits to it somehow. Also, it would be awesome if Epcot came up with a ‘pay one price’ card that would get you whatever food you wanted without having to pay for everything separately. I’m looking forward to the Swan & Dolphin’s Food & Wine Classic because for $50 you can eat and drink as much as you want. Food & Wine needs to do that!! Even if it’s only valid from 7-9pm for one night, it would still be much more convenient.

Jacob on September 21st, 2010 at 11:07 am

My wife and I have been using the gift card for the last two years, it’s so convenient to designate a amount and keep track of what you spend. And George from NY, the past years I’ve gone you’ve been able to use your DD Snacks for the entrees at the Festival. Well, one more week to go, see you soon Disney Food & Wine Festival.

Tom on September 21st, 2010 at 11:28 am

I’m waiting for the ability to load the card on-line like I can my Caribou and Starbucks cards. We used these last year and it worked great.

Shelley on September 21st, 2010 at 11:31 am

I am alo curious about using the snack credits from the Dining Plan at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. I read that you can. Can anyone give me more details or let me know how this has worked in the past?

Jeff on September 21st, 2010 at 11:35 am

The Disney Gift Card is Great! It’s the Perfect Size and you can wear it on your wrist as well as snapping it onto a bag or purse for easy access!

Plus, it doesn’t hurt to put a limit on your spending while you’re out there in the park! Theres just SO MANY good things to eat!

Linda from PA on September 21st, 2010 at 11:36 am

I loved having these last year! I didn’t have to fish around for money, and when my kids found food stands that interested them, they could go buy what they wanted without me having to do it for them. They got to see how fast the money goes and it made them feel very grown up. It also made them responsible because if they lost them, they would be out of luck (they were ages 10 and 13…not real little). Now all Disney needs to do is put your meal plan on the mini cards so you can show them quickly at the festival as well. I like that most of the dishes are considered snacks.

Linda from PA on September 21st, 2010 at 11:41 am

Shelly,
When I was there last year, each of the stands showed what was considered a snack and what was not. Just like at the quick service stands throughout Disney, if they are considered a snack, they show that little snack symbol next to each item. If you are unsure at any particular location though, you can always ask if you don’t see the symbol.

Gretchen on September 21st, 2010 at 11:50 am

Are these gift cards good only at the Food & Wine Festival? Or are they like the normal Disney gift cards that can be used anywhere in the “World”?

Janice from PA on September 21st, 2010 at 11:55 am

Love this card!!! Makes everything so easy!!

Chanon from OH on September 21st, 2010 at 11:55 am

Are gift cards reloadable from online?

stephanie from NJ on September 21st, 2010 at 12:53 pm

Gretchen, they can be used anywhere, (WDW, Disneyland, Disney Cruise, even Disney Store US locations and DisneyStore.com) just like a Disney Gift Card.

Last year, during the Food & Wine Fest. I bought these for myself and my then 14-year-old daughter. We both loved it. We will definitely be using this again when we go in 19 days.

Christopher from NJ on September 21st, 2010 at 1:00 pm

When will they be available online for purchase?

Linda from PA on September 21st, 2010 at 1:19 pm

Christopher,
Last year they only sold them during the Food and Wine Festival as far as I know. We got ours inside Epcot at Guest Services.

Monica on September 21st, 2010 at 3:33 pm

Can we purchase these online? or do we get them at the park? I go next week already, I can’t wait!!!

Melissa on September 21st, 2010 at 7:19 pm

This will be my first time at the Food & Wine festival and I am very excited to try everything! How or where do you attach the mini gift card?

Paul on September 21st, 2010 at 8:28 pm

The mini gift card has a plastic “spring” wrist strap the last time I purchased one for the 2009 F&W festival.

stephanie from NJ on September 21st, 2010 at 9:00 pm

Hi Monica, they do sell regular disney gift cards online at but I think that the mini gift cards created especially for the Food and Wine Festival are only available at the parks.

Hi, Melissa..they can easily be worn on the wrist, as last year they came with a wristband attached. (see the photo above for this year’s mini gift card, and the small hole in the upper left corner? That is where the coil wristband will go.)

Hope this helped!

Devyn from NJ on September 21st, 2010 at 9:15 pm

Hey,

My husband and I go to the Food & Wine Festival almost every year and I haven’t seen these in the past 3 years. We just got married and are coming for our honeymoon soon. Does anyone know where we buy them from when we get in EPCOT & is it up to us how much money we want to put on the card? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Have a magical night from NJ!! :)

Brigid from ME on September 21st, 2010 at 9:39 pm

I’m jealous! We don’t arrive until November, but I’d love to have something like this for my kids. Are mini gift cards available after the Food and Wine festival?

Carrol from ON on September 22nd, 2010 at 7:45 am

We must have had a defective card last year. It didn’t work at half the booths and ended up having to pay cash.

Scott from OH on September 22nd, 2010 at 10:00 am

I have three disney gift cards I would love to convert over and combine onto one of these handy mini cards for the Festival- is that able to be done at guest services or the resort checkin desk?

Robert from MB on September 22nd, 2010 at 11:28 am

I’m hoping the gift card illustration above is not ACTUAL size – looks kinda big to be strapped around the wrist!

Kathryn from PA on September 22nd, 2010 at 2:23 pm

We used a mini gift card at Blizzard Beach. We loved the convenience of it because we were able to lock up our credit cards after just putting a small amount of money on the mini card for snacks, etc. It straps right on your wrist and who cares if it gets wet. I think they’ll be great for the Food and Wine Festival.

Monica on September 22nd, 2010 at 3:29 pm

Thank you Stephanie. I am really excited about this. I had no idea this even existed. I arrive next thursday and will be at the f&w festival saturday October 2nd. I cannot wait.
Devyn asked a great question, where do we get them once we arrive in Epcot? Member services?….
thanks in advance.

MICHELE from FL on October 1st, 2010 at 2:40 pm

The first couple days of F & W some of the kiosks experience technical difficulties with the cards but they get them ironed out quickly. The cards can be replenished at several places around the world showcase and can be bought at the Festival Center in Future World.