Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort

Presenting Your Royal Princess: Disney Floral & Gifts In-Room Celebration

posted on September 16th, 2010 by Jean Volante, Manager of Dream Making, Disney Floral & Gifts/DEG

'Presenting Your Royal Princess'
Hi everyone, Disney Floral & Gifts has a surprise to share today. You’re one of the first to know about our new “In-Room Celebration” gifting experience called, “Presenting Your Royal Princess.” Beginning this week, the Princess in your life can receive some pretty magical gifts and surprises in her Disney Resort room. You’ll notice that there’s a new experience for your Princess whether she’s a woman with a heart for fairy tales, a junior princess (ages 7-12) or a little princess (ages 3-6).

Presenting Your Royal Princess Adult In-Room Celebration Presenting Your Royal Princess Junior Princess In-Room Celebration Presenting Your Royal Princess Little Princess In-Room Celebration

And speaking of fairy tales, I’m thrilled to share that I’ve stepped into my very own pair of glass slippers in that I’ll be joining the conversation with regular posts on the Disney Parks Blog. I’ll be sharing all things new and magical happening at Disney Floral & Gifts (part of the Disney Event Group), including unique experiences, design and gifting tips and even a few of the amazing stories we see every day. There’s much to share but I’m interested in hearing what you have to say. Let me know what you think in the comments.

Tagged:

Filed: Hotels & Resorts, Walt Disney World Resort

Lauralee from FL on September 16th, 2010 at 4:51 pm

Want it!

Charlotte from WV on September 16th, 2010 at 4:52 pm

What an enchanting idea! I can’t wait until my next visit. And of course I love Ms. Volante’s title Manager of Dream Making. What a wonderful job to have.

Lia on September 16th, 2010 at 4:53 pm

I’m so excited about this!! It’s like it was created to make my dreams come true!

Janet from CA on September 16th, 2010 at 4:56 pm

This sounds like a great treat to have – especially since I’m in the category of “woman with a heart for fairy tales”. Wish you could do something like this at the Disneyland Resorts. But next time we are in Walt Disney World, I’ll sign up for this treat.

Lauralee from FL on September 16th, 2010 at 5:00 pm

Oh now I’m really bummed. I can’t afford that!

Jean Volante on September 16th, 2010 at 5:09 pm

Lauralee, good news, the Fairy Godmother must have had you in mind when she created our “Princess Dream Come True” gift and other Princess offerings. If you take a look on our Princess tab of our website, we just may be able to warm your heart.

Cher on September 16th, 2010 at 5:13 pm

I love all the Princess stuff, but don’t they have anything for a Prince? I have two of them!

Lauralee from FL on September 16th, 2010 at 5:18 pm

Jean, can you please post the link to what you are referring to?

Jean Volante on September 16th, 2010 at 5:42 pm

Sure. If you click on to Disney Floral & Gifts (in blue font) in the copy above, you can be connected to our website. You can also reach us at Disneyflorist.com.

Judith on September 16th, 2010 at 5:22 pm

Will they deliver to the Shades of Green?

Jean Volante on September 16th, 2010 at 6:34 pm

Good question Judith. Yes, we deliver to Shades of Green. We also deliver some of our gifts to locations off Disney property as well. And, if you’re in need of a Disney magical moment at home, and you live within the continental US, we can also ship some of our offerings there too.

Elizabeth from OH on September 16th, 2010 at 5:22 pm

Oh I wish we could get that. Too bad you can’t get it on the Disney cruise. We’re going on a cruise in January for our honeymoon!

Amy from SC on September 16th, 2010 at 5:26 pm

WOW!! I would LOVE that since we will be celebrating our wedding anniversary in Feb 2011!! Wonder how I can drop the hint to the hubs?!?! Not sure of our budget but how special would this be?!? This will be our first trip since we were kids! Only MK then!! Boy has it changed!! (I sure hope this doesnt post twice..just typed out a comment and it said I was going to fast and didnt look like it posted) Anyway..I cry everytime I even READ about Disney! I get SOO emotional!! Cant wait to get there!!

Jean Volante on September 16th, 2010 at 5:53 pm

Congratulations Amy…this calls for some celebration. So let’s help Amy get creative…does anyone have ideas on how we can drop hints to our husbands or boyfriends?

Debra on September 16th, 2010 at 5:34 pm

Just popping in to say 1) very magical and 2) welcome, Jean. I’m excited to see what all Disney Floral & Gifts can do.

And I can’t imagine a better title that Manager of Dream Making. Well, maybe Mischief Manager of Dream Making… :P

pam on September 16th, 2010 at 5:34 pm

Very happy to see this however, I’m in the process of planning my daughter’s Sweet 16 at the Disneyland Resort in California and all of the fabulous Disney offerings (dessert parties, in room parties, lunch with an Imagineer and now this) are only available in Florida. Moving the party to WDW is not an option as her “Happy Place” is Disneyland. Please make some of these great things available to those of us on the West coast.

Marc from SC on September 16th, 2010 at 5:35 pm

Perfect for my daughters. Somthing else to look forward to making a trip more memorable.

misty on September 16th, 2010 at 5:48 pm

Love it!! But I have a prince! What magic could be worked for him?

Kim from UT on September 16th, 2010 at 6:10 pm

That sounds really cool, but $400+? Ouch!

Cortney from KY on September 16th, 2010 at 6:30 pm

Welcome Disney Florist! So happy to have you on board!
Love the in-room celebrations, but agree with the above. What about the Princes in our lives? I’ll be there in December to celebrate my darling hubby’s milestone birthday and want something extra special.

Cindi from MN on September 16th, 2010 at 6:37 pm

Ah- Love that my name is in the picture :)

I hope to have a little princess someday. My little prince makes his first trip to Disney in 30 days :)

Deborah on September 16th, 2010 at 7:00 pm

I ordered two Family Treats Totes through Disney Floral in August, and sadly they got the order wrong….twice. Regardless, I’d like to chalk it up to a one-time mistake, because I want to order something for my boyfriend when we visit in November. Any chance we could get a blog about the Grand Welcome? :)

Matt from CA on September 16th, 2010 at 7:04 pm

Wow! Very smart addition and I only wish they had came out with this when I first took my wife! I hope there will be a pirate or prince(up for AAAARRRRgument)in the near future for my sons third birthday we will be celebrating in May 2011!!

Heather from IL on September 16th, 2010 at 7:38 pm

AHOY MATES!!!! How about a Pirate Package for boys?!?!?! We would be SOLD~times THREE!!!

barbara from ON on September 16th, 2010 at 8:02 pm

Yes, we need something for little boys I have 2!!

Kristina on September 16th, 2010 at 8:57 pm

FOR ALL THE PEOPLE WITH BOYS – they do have stuff for them – just go to the website – they have pirate stuff and mickey stuff. We did this for my daughter for her 5th birthday – the look of surprise on her face was priceless and well worth the money – i wish they would of had this princess option a year ago!

Jean Volante on September 17th, 2010 at 12:06 pm

Thanks Kristina for sharing your thoughts on gift ideas…you sound like you and others just may be Disney Dream Makers at heart. :) With that in mind, how ’bout we have some fun…if you could create the ultimate In Room Celebration for boys/men, what would that look like? Some have suggested Pirates, wondering if that’s “The One”. What would you like us to develop? ~ After all, I am a Dream Maker…..

Karen on September 17th, 2010 at 4:52 am

#21 – Welcome to the Blog Jean!!

My hubby surprised me with the “Ears to the Bride & Groom!” package for our 30th Wedding Anniversary at WDW back in December of 2009. We were very happy they were able to substitute my favorite wine, “Magicale”, for the Iron Horse in the package.

My question for you is, my hubby broke one of the Mickey flutes, so we’d like to know, where could we get a replacement for it? Do they sell them at World of Disney? We’ve looked in the park shops, but we haven’t been able to find them yet. We need to get another one, so we can have a matched set once again.

Thanks for any info you can give us on that!!

Kim from WI on September 17th, 2010 at 6:58 am

What a fun package! Is it available on the Cruise?

Ashley from ON on September 17th, 2010 at 8:31 am

I love the idea its sweet but what is the cost

Jessica from FL on September 17th, 2010 at 8:50 am

I’d love for my daughter and myself to receive one of those gifts.

Christie on September 17th, 2010 at 9:38 am

Absolutely excited to hear about this new magical experience! My 8 year old is not in the Disney Princess-stage anymore, however, she knows she is still (and always will be) our Little Princess! What a great way to keep the “Princess” alive in our daughters and even within ourselves!

Tamara from PA on September 17th, 2010 at 11:01 am

People here have been suggesting expanding these services to Disneyland and the Disney Cruise Line. While I understand CA isn’t geographically convenient, why couldn’t you extend services to DCL? You already do local deliveries and the DCL already will add special amenities to your stateroom for special occasions, why not combine the two? Because when I set sail on my birthday next May I would love to find a tiara and decree from the fairy godmother in my stateroom.

As for hints for the hubbies, why not set up a wishlist on your site and a place to submit his email address. Then he can get an email from his wife’s fairy godmother stating that she needs a little help making his loved one’s dreams come true.

Jean Volante on September 17th, 2010 at 12:14 pm

Great idea about the wishlist Tamara and Robin! Let’s open up this idea to everyone…. How would you feel if we created some type of wish list and perhaps maybe a “reminder” email to send to your hubby prior to your special occasion. Maybe the email showcases your favorite gift ideas which can be delivered at Disney or sent to your home in the US? Would you like that??

Robin on September 17th, 2010 at 11:26 am

FOR AMY – and others that would like a way to drop a hint…

Create a WISH LIST so we can select items we like and then we can share that with husbands (or whoever…) At least there will be some surprise becase you listed a choice of items. ;-)

I like the gift with the corsage – we are celebrating my birthday there (on my birthday even!) and we are dining at Victoria & Alberts’ – Queen Victoria Room. It would be nice to have something more understated/tasteful on that special day and a corsage would be awesome. (but what princess can resist a tiara?! tee hee)

Matt from CA on September 17th, 2010 at 12:08 pm

I guess I didnt read into it enough because folks are saying its not available in Disneyland…YET! I would gladly spend the money to let my princess know she is exactly that…a princess! So my vote is please please please open this option up for Disneyland!

Lizzy on September 17th, 2010 at 3:26 pm

Is it only available in the Disney parks or can you get it on Disney Cruise line as well?

Laura on September 17th, 2010 at 3:40 pm

Great idea! Now you need to create something for the prince charmings of the kingdom.

Dina from GA on September 17th, 2010 at 9:47 pm

I love being creative! I’m basing my ideas off the Adult/Junior/Child Presenting Your Royal Princess sets, trying to parallel.

Color scheme – slate gray and bronze. Accents in Mickey Red and Mickey Yellow. Door sash would say ‘Hero’ and ‘Dreams Come True.’ The personalized letter should come from Aladdin (who also became a prince) and be accompanied by a bronze lamp with a little lid on top. The lid lifts off and there’s a candle in it, scented with clove or pine or frankincense – something manly.

Boxes are square and are gray and bronze. White rectangle in the middle of the lid with “Old English” style writing in bronze. ‘Dream’ box has a watch – maybe Mickey as a knight? or from Mickey and the beanstalk.. ‘Wish’ box has a medallion (maybe it can be personalized?) that hangs from a ribbon with black/red/yellow stripes. ‘Believe’ box has a cut-glass decanter (dark red?) and perhaps a bronze tie-pin in the shape of a sword or a shield. Possibly a corsage. And instead of the roses, a princely sword of course – maybe a replica of the one Prince Philip was given to fight Maleficent. Finally, a Prince Proclamation signed by the Grand Duke. For the Junior make-up kit I’d substitute a plastic sword, dagger, and shield.

For the Child tiara in the Princess box, I’d have a shining, jeweled crown in a Prince box. Red backpack and a red cape. A red frame that lights up when you pick it up or press a button. A dragon balloon. A plastic prince sword. Bubbles in a red bottle. And cookies, coloring book, confetti, and chocolate.

Lizette from CA on September 18th, 2010 at 1:49 am

I love it, Please bring this to Disneyland Fairy Godmother. So my Prince can get it for me :D

Thor from CA on September 19th, 2010 at 1:09 pm

I had my parents come visit me here in OC and they stayed at Disneyland at the Grand Californian for three nights. I wanted to have something fun waiting for them in the room; flowers, personalized mouse ears, snacks, etc. But the girl at the front desk said they didn’t offer that service, so I just bought flowers at a local florist and brought a bottle of wine and gave them to the folks when they checked in.

This needs to come to Disneyland ASAP. :-)

Danielle from PA on September 19th, 2010 at 3:39 pm

Jean,
Any idea what the certificate says?

Karen from MA on September 20th, 2010 at 3:48 pm

I ordered Mickey’s Big Birthday Celebration for my son when we were down there in April. Everything was so wonderful. He was amazed. It was worth the cost to see the look on his face when he got to the room with everything all set up.

Linda from FL on October 4th, 2010 at 10:26 am

I would love to do something extra special for my son who is turning 14 when we are in WDW this October like a Birthday Sash over the room door, a Birthday Banner inside, some kind of Stitch merchandise (his favorite character), and perhaps a t-shirt from Expedition Everest (or perhaps a plush Stitch with his head sticking out of the Everest t-shirt). However, I don’t see anything like that available. Any ideas?