Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland Park

Signature Suites at the Disneyland Hotel: Mickey Mouse Penthouse

posted on September 7th, 2010 by Heather Hust Rivera, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, The Walt Disney Company

Are you a “Big Cheese”? The Mickey Mouse Penthouse could be your ultimate Mouse Pad. I’m excited to show you around the place in today’s post, the second in our series that features the signature suites of the Disneyland Hotel.

This signature suite is designed for “big cheeses” of all ages and offers spectacular views of the 500-acre resort (including Disneyland Park, Disney California Adventure Park and the Downtown Disney District) through floor-to-ceiling windows. The suite brings to life all the fun that Mickey Mouse represents.

Mickey Mouse Penthouse Suite

The swanky penthouse, featuring an interior design with “Mickey’s” signature colors of black, white, red and yellow, occupies an expansive 1,600 square feet and includes an open living room, dining and kitchen area, two bedrooms and two and one-half bathrooms. Classic Mickey Mouse imagery and three-dimensional artwork dominate the design scheme throughout the penthouse. Photos and sketches from the Disney library are prominently displayed, featuring images of Walt and Mickey rarely seen by the public.

Mickey Mouse Penthouse Living Room

In the living room, guests encounter stylized contemporary décor featuring eclectic furnishings, Mickey motifs and hardwood floors. A giant impression of Mickey Mouse fills the ceiling, as glowing lights enhance the mood of the room. The formal dining area seats eight guests. A built-in media wall is the focal point of the living room, featuring three flat screen TVs and a state-of-the-art home theater system worthy of Mickey’s status as one of Hollywood’s brightest stars.

The master bedroom is filled with luxury amenities including a king-size bed, lounge chairs, a 37″ flat panel TV and a DVD player, and it’s decorated with animation maquettes of Mickey Mouse in many of his most famous film roles. (Maquettes are three-dimensional models used by Disney animators to effectively render a character in two dimensions, and they are highly sought-after collectibles). The master bath includes a steam shower, Jacuzzi tub and a double vanity with a built-in TV in the mirror. Unique glass tiles on the shower walls bring the magic of Mickey Mouse to life as the familiar image of Mickey appears only when the warm water of the shower hits the tiled wall.

Mickey Mouse Penthouse Master Bedroom

The second bedroom has a playful feel, featuring a round bed, and it doubles as a playroom for little ones. The main “conversation piece” in the room is a cutting-edge animator’s station, a high-tech table that adds to the Mickey Mouse and animation-inspired storyline. The desk will help budding artists take sketching to a new level as they draw their favorite character and watch it come to life through the magic of Disney technology. The bedroom also features a Mickey Mouse built-in armoire with a flat panel TV, DVD player and video games.

Mickey Mouse Penthouse Bathroom

To inquire about prices and availability, please call (714) 956-6425.

What do you think is the coolest feature of the Mickey Mouse Penthouse?

Tagged:

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Hotels & Resorts

51 Comments 1 Reply

patrick on September 7th, 2010 at 1:11 pm

Oh wauw!!! That look’s awesome!

David from TN on September 7th, 2010 at 1:19 pm

Wow…I need to spend a few nights in there!

Jim on September 7th, 2010 at 1:25 pm

Has anyone ever discussed opening up these suites (and other luxury accomodations, such as the Cinderella Suite inside WDW’s castle) to some sort of public tours, based on availability? I couldn’t begin to guess how often rooms like this would be booked, but I’m guessing there are stretches where they sit unoccupied — if they’re open, it would be cool if small tour groups (limited number per day, limited number of guests per tour) could do a guided walk-through and check the suites out.

Pictures are out there to see, but I’m sure they don’t do the rooms their full justice.

Teresa from PA on September 7th, 2010 at 1:43 pm

Oh wow! That is brilliant! I want to copy the designs for my own house. Some day I would love to stay there.

And Jim, I second your motion! Open these up for public tours. I would be there in a heart beat!

Fred from CA on September 7th, 2010 at 1:57 pm

Looks very cool!

ANTHONY from PA on September 7th, 2010 at 2:13 pm

I would love to see some of these decor items available for consumers to buy online or in stores.

This looks like a great place to stay, it almost seems like a waste to go to the parks and leave this great room empty!

Lucie on September 7th, 2010 at 3:07 pm

Wow. That’s beautiful! Will it be exclusive like the Dream Suite?

Heather Hust Rivera on September 7th, 2010 at 6:14 pm

It’s available for booking. You can cell (714) 956-6425 for details on availability and prices.

Melinda on September 7th, 2010 at 3:10 pm

i would die if i got to stay here but i would love to stay there!!!

Gary on September 7th, 2010 at 3:11 pm

I love the not-so-hidden Mickey on the living room ceiling.

Evonne from CA on September 7th, 2010 at 3:14 pm

TRULY AMAZING!!!! GREAT JOB!!!!

Destiny on September 7th, 2010 at 3:15 pm

I think there should be a contest or something and the prize is a night or 2 in that Penthouse. (and I should win it also since it was my idea. hahaha j/k)

Amanda on September 7th, 2010 at 3:17 pm

I agree with Jim, I’d love to be able to walk through it at least, as I doubt I’ll ever be swankily rich enough to book it for myself! :P

James from NV on September 7th, 2010 at 3:23 pm

I would love to stay there

Adam on September 7th, 2010 at 3:24 pm

wow

Ethan on September 7th, 2010 at 3:31 pm

How very amazing! Would be such a special treat to stay there. Talk about a fulfilled trip.

Rindy on September 7th, 2010 at 3:37 pm

Please just tell us how much it is, so I don’t feel silly if I call and totally can’t afford it :p . It is something I would be willing to save up for though. If there were tours, it wouldn’t be as special to stay in a room that very few have seen and flooring and items run the risk of being damaged or worn out more quickly; if you were staying there of course you would want it to be pristine!!!

Kathy on September 7th, 2010 at 3:40 pm

I would just love to stay there sometime, but I’m just a little cheese.

Anthony on September 7th, 2010 at 3:45 pm

How much is it for a 3 night stay in one of thses awesome suites?

Kevin from NJ on September 7th, 2010 at 3:48 pm

I’ll take one of everything…just have it delivered to my house! I love this suite!!! ºoº

Tim on September 7th, 2010 at 3:51 pm

I won a night’s stay in this suite back in 2007 and it was awesome!! Had a 2 and 4 year old, at the time (still have them, they’re just 4 and 6, now) and they really enjoyed it!

Lacey from TN on September 7th, 2010 at 3:52 pm

would love to tour it – could never afford it, though! i wish they’d do character-themed regular rooms like that (ex. the Pirate rooms at Caribbean Beach). Those are worth it! i wanna stay in a Donald room!

Rindy on September 7th, 2010 at 3:53 pm

I need some of those Mickey tiles for my bathroom :D

Sara on September 7th, 2010 at 4:12 pm

OMG!!!!!! WE STAYED THERE!!!!! AHHHH its was the best night of our lives! And it was our first time there! :-) During the “Year of a Million Dreams”, Disneyland was giving away a million prizes. One was a one night stay in the Mickey Mouse Penhouse and Honorary Grand Marshal in the actual Disneyland Parade. MY son(5 y.o. at the time) won this prize :-) ((The park picked a random ride and seat to award these prizes)) We felt like kings. They recorded us in the parade on little firetruck. And we recorded the penthouse. I still cry when I see the video. Thanks Chuck and Lindsay you both gave us the time of our lives!!!! (p.s. Yes the pictures to not do it justice, There are works of art everywhere, 3 bathrooms,6 or 7 falt screen t.v.s (one was in the bathroom mirror!!!!), Full kitchen, Beautiful long hardwood table…….When we were coming back that night to the room we could see the glowing Mickey ears on the cealing from the ground outside the hotel! OMG I could go on forever. Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Disneyland for making our dreams come true!!!

Lizzy on September 7th, 2010 at 4:12 pm

That is amazing. I can’t pick a coolest bit I love it all! I wanna stay there so bad! :D

Jim on September 7th, 2010 at 4:15 pm

Nice…wish I was still working and could afford it…best I could do was Grand Californian, park view, concierge level, one time for two days back when I was…would love to also stay in the old Disney Gallery room in the park…best I got there was to watch Fantazmic from the Guest Relations Balcony, twice…Too bad they couldn’t theme all the rooms similarly, and not jack the price up every year for every room…will never be able to afford to stay at any Disney property unless I find a job that pays what I used to make, so imagination is all I have left, and this suite does inspire my imagination…

Alex from TX on September 7th, 2010 at 4:16 pm

That is what kind of rooms I have always thought Disney should have. I would pay to stay in them as that is all a part of it. Its fantastic!

Nancy from CA on September 7th, 2010 at 4:18 pm

I’m with Destiny – please have a contest with a stay in one of these suites as the prize!!

Terri from IN on September 7th, 2010 at 4:22 pm

This is way cool !!!!! I want to win a chance to stay there. The bedroom or the bathroom tie for coolest rooms, although it is hard to choose, they are all cool :-)

David on September 7th, 2010 at 4:27 pm

HO-LY CATS! Or in this case mice! I cannot express how incredible this penthouse looks. The contemporary, iconic pop-art styling is incredible, and the details in every room are truly “star-worthy”, just like the Mouse himself. Unfortunately I will never be able to stay there, but thank goodness Heather and her Disney Blog team have presented us with these photos. I have to admit, my personal favorite is still Big Thunder Mountain suite (I hope I got the name correct! LOL). Great job, Disney Imagineers and Designers!!

David on September 7th, 2010 at 4:32 pm

OK, this post has nothing to do with the MM Penthouse, but I had to mention this….the photo above the blog was of horses pulling street cars down MK Main Street. I don’t know where Disney gets their horses today, but back in the 70s when I was a kid, Disney would come to the live stock auction in Shipshewana, Indiana and get Amish raised work horses for the parks. Our family home was only a few miles away from the auction. I always thought that was cool!

Valerie from OR on September 7th, 2010 at 4:37 pm

Wow, what a dream come true it would be to stay in this room. If I ever win big in the lottery (or get rich somehow), this is where you will find me!

Tara on September 7th, 2010 at 4:38 pm

It looks awsome. Staying in a room like that would be great and would make a trip even more magical for little kids or for disney fanatics like myself.

Mark from TX on September 7th, 2010 at 4:48 pm

Ouch. I just called and asked for prices to see if this would even be CLOSE to something I could afford for our anniversary next year. Um, not even close to being in my price range and I was considering going as high as 1800 a night. It’s beautiful and I’m sure tons of people are going to LOVE it.

I’m just not going to be one of them. LOL

Thor from CA on September 7th, 2010 at 5:04 pm

I love it all! The Disneyland Hotel is so awesome, and this Penthouse is the tops!

I think my favorite design feature however is the Mickey cutout in the ceiling with the ice blue LED lighting. Very hip.

Lynnae on September 7th, 2010 at 6:05 pm

There are too many amazing things in this suite to choose a favorite! But if I had to pick only one, I think I’d have to say that Mickey’s magic mirror (just to the right of the entrance) is my favorite. I love how he magically appears in the mirror and gives guests a warm welcome to his “mouse pad.” Also I must say, the attention to detail in this suite is absolutely exquisite! Everywhere you turn, there is something magical to discover.

frank on September 7th, 2010 at 6:09 pm

vary cool what’s the cost per night

Carolyn from IL on September 7th, 2010 at 7:41 pm

Don’t tell me what the bathroom tiles do, show me!

This 2 bedroom suite is decked out with all sorts of high tech stuff so your going to need to be able to pay for that too in Disney style. I do really love the Mickey silhouette on the wall of the second bedroom with shelves and audio cabinet. A fantastic idea for the DIY’er for a basement!

On the other hand I am more into the new designs of the Haunted Mansion & Princess Rooms at the new hotel slated across the pond of Pop Century according to the rumor called Art of Animation. I am all over the Haunted Mansion room and I know it is in my price range!!!

Sheri from CA on September 7th, 2010 at 8:00 pm

Woooowww!!! These imagineers are just awesome.. I agree the coolest feature is the living room with the LED Mickey ears in the ceiling.. To stay here is now on my Bucket List:)

Carol on September 7th, 2010 at 8:43 pm

B – U – T – FUL! :) Only problem is that when one stays in this gorgous penthouse, one would NEVER want to leave it to see the parks!!!!!!!

TREVOR on September 7th, 2010 at 8:47 pm

Awesome! I sense Uncle Walt smiling ear to ear.

joann on September 7th, 2010 at 9:36 pm

I wanna go!!!!!

Ian on September 7th, 2010 at 11:23 pm

We won in March 2007 the room was wonderful. We were attending a wedding so my boys and mother on law got to enjoy the room more than my wife and I. Would love to do it again. It’s a spectacular suite.

Mary on September 7th, 2010 at 11:51 pm

Mary from Santa Barbara, CA
Even though we go to Disneyland Resort a lot (thanks to the annual passes) I couldn’t afford the Mickey Mouse Suite…I wish Mickey Mouse has been my favorite character since I was a little girl, when I use to work for Disney and I even have a few family members who love Mickey because of me!! So that room would be like heaven for me. I would never want to leave the room and go to the parks. But from those pictures that room looks amazing, thanks for sharing the photos to someone who can only dream!

Kathy on September 8th, 2010 at 12:08 am

This is FANTASTIC! A dream come true to stay in this suite. However, in this economy or even before I would never be able to afford. My daughter and I stayed at the Disneyland Hotel for a couple of days several years ago and I had to SAVE for that.
I love the idea of a contest with the prize of staying there…for more than a night though. I’d never want to leave!

genevieve from AZ on September 8th, 2010 at 12:57 am

this pad should be the next location for the next season of the reality show on MTV real world ….for real

Catherine on September 8th, 2010 at 1:12 am

My favorite part is the bathroom tile. The whole suite is very WOW!

Nancy on September 8th, 2010 at 3:09 pm

Absolutely amazing!!!! I don’t know how anyone could pick just one feature!!

Greg on September 8th, 2010 at 10:00 pm

Any chance that there will be a Haunted Mansion suite sometime in the future? Perhaps to coincide with the new HM movie in a few years?

Anonymous on September 28th, 2010 at 2:32 pm

Does a reservation for the suite come with Club Lounge access??

Steven on September 28th, 2010 at 2:34 pm

Does a reservation of this suite come with access to the Club Lounge and all Concierge Level amenities??