Disney's Electrical Parade

Special ‘World of Color’ Shows for Annual Passholders

posted on September 13th, 2010 by Heather Hust Rivera, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, The Walt Disney Company

'World of Color'

We’ve added two performances of “World of Color,” just for annual passholders this week. Annual passholders have a unique opportunity to see the nighttime water spectacular at Disney California Adventure park at 9:15 p.m. on September 15 and 16. Guests who are not annual passholders can still see the regularly scheduled show at 8:15 p.m. on both nights.

We heard from a lot of annual passholders that it’s difficult to visit the Park in the mornings and obtain a Disney FASTPASS ticket, so this is a special opportunity just for annual passholders.

Here are the details:

• Disney FASTPASS ticket distribution will begin at 5 p.m. at the Grizzly River Run FASTPASS location.
  • A valid Annual Passport must be presented to obtain a Disney FASTPASS ticket.
  • Disney FASTPASS tickets are limited and are subject to availability.
  • Annual passholders with a Disney FASTPASS ticket need to be in Disney California Adventure park prior to park close at 8:00 p.m. on the day of show and will need to queue beginning at 8:45 p.m.
  • In addition to a special showing of “World of Color,” passholders will have the following attractions available to them from 8 p.m. to 8:45 p.m.:
  • Annual Passholders without a FASTPASS ticket will be accommodated if space is still available in the alternate viewing area.

Enjoy the show!

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Resort

Matthew from CA on September 13th, 2010 at 1:09 pm

Wow! First the WoC Meet-N-Greet, now this! You really know how to hook us up with special events, Heather. THANKS A MILLION!

Fred from CA on September 13th, 2010 at 1:15 pm

Even though I won’t be able to be at the park on those days, this is still an awesome opportunity for annual passholders!

Catherine on September 13th, 2010 at 1:21 pm

Great perk. Twice, I’ve picked up WOC fast passes, gone home and could get back for the show.

Stephanie on September 13th, 2010 at 1:21 pm

I’m so going to go on one of those days but I’m so jealous. Can this be a repeat event? My birthday is next, next Wednesday, the 22nd, and I really want to watch WoC then but I won’t be able to get to DLR till the afternoon!

Diana on September 13th, 2010 at 1:23 pm

Would have been nice to know this past weekend so I could have made plans. Unfortunately, Disneyland isn’t close for all annual passholders. :-(

Arthur on September 13th, 2010 at 1:37 pm

Do this the next week too, for all the AP holders attending the Destination D event!

Arthur on September 13th, 2010 at 1:38 pm

Nice perk for AP holders, wonder if DVC and D23 will get similar perks in the future…

Suzette from CA on September 13th, 2010 at 1:52 pm

This should be permanent for World of Color, and even Fantasmic! I really hope that it continues for the next time we visit.

Alan on September 13th, 2010 at 1:53 pm

Its very nice to see some perks for us loyal APs.

Seydy on September 13th, 2010 at 2:01 pm

I will try to make it on Thursday night! I leave about 40 miles away from Disneyland and it would take about 1 1/2 miles to travel it after 6pm…. THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS POSSIBLE!

Stefanie from CA on September 13th, 2010 at 2:07 pm

This is going to be AWESOME!!!!! Thanks so much!!

Shellymarie on September 13th, 2010 at 2:09 pm

OMG! this is so super cool! I hope I can get a Fastpass to see this! My sister and i have been wanting to all summer, but it has been nearly impossible… :)

thank you!!!

Heather from CA on September 13th, 2010 at 2:10 pm

Oh I so want to try and make this:) Thanks for the heads up:)

Heather from CA on September 13th, 2010 at 2:13 pm

Oh I have one question, we all have passes except my youngest who is not quite 2 years old. Can he still come to see WOC with us that night?

Heather Hust Rivera on September 13th, 2010 at 3:35 pm

Yes, children who are of an age who do not need an annual pass to enter the Park will be accommodated if they enter the Park with a parent who is annual passholder with a FASTPASS ticket.

Suzanne on September 13th, 2010 at 2:13 pm

Really great idea! Hope it works out and becomes a perma-park-perk!

Reginald on September 13th, 2010 at 2:16 pm

Thanks times a million for this opportunity! [:

Amanda from PA on September 13th, 2010 at 2:18 pm

Wow! Thank you! We wanted to go but can never get tickets!

Matthew on September 13th, 2010 at 2:31 pm

This just happens to be on our 5th wedding anniversary! Thanks!

nicole on September 13th, 2010 at 2:33 pm

question… if i am unable to be there at 5 to get the fast pass can i give my friend(she has her own pass) my pass to get the tickets? or do you have to physically check into the park to be able to use the annual passport to receive the fast pass??

Heather Hust Rivera on September 13th, 2010 at 3:34 pm

Nicole, that’s a great question. I’m told the guest must be present to get a FASTPASS because the annual pass must be activated for the machine to distribute a ticket. If you are not present and have not entered the main gate, then your pass will not have been activated.

Christina on September 13th, 2010 at 2:37 pm

This would have been better if the shows were over the weekend. I have 3 kids and all are back in school now. This is a great perk, but doesn’t help the young families that would like to enjoy this as well. Maybe Disney can keep matters like this in mind when scheduling passholder perks in the future, I’d love to take advantage.

eric on September 13th, 2010 at 2:46 pm

Darn. RIGHT after my pass expires the first year in 5 that I can’t afford to renew.

Michelle on September 13th, 2010 at 2:57 pm

Aww, we have been waiting to see World of Color, this is great, but I have 3 kids 2 of which need to be in bed by 9:30 in order for us to have a “good” morning, :( sad that this was on a school night.

Thor from CA on September 13th, 2010 at 3:05 pm

Heather, you’ve done it again! Always hooking us up with special events and parties and perks!

The Fastpass thing has prevented me from seeing the show a few times this summer, so I’ve gotten the meal package instead. But this is a great opportunity for us local AP’ers!

Kathy on September 13th, 2010 at 3:33 pm

This makes me happy, but it would make me MUCH happier if there were an earlier showing for loyal AP holders who have children that need to be in bed at that time for school the next day.

Jessica on September 13th, 2010 at 3:46 pm

I have a question. If I am unable to be there right at 5 to get the fast pass, Is there a chance of still getting one? I wouldnt be able to get there until about close to 8.

Heather Hust Rivera on September 13th, 2010 at 8:34 pm

I’m sorry I can’t help with that. I don’t have any way of knowing how many people will come or what time they will arrive.

Harry on September 13th, 2010 at 4:36 pm

Is this a “one time thing” only? It is quite a challenge for AP holders to get a WoC fastpass in the morning with work/classes, and it gets too expensive to get the dinner/picnic packages all the time. May I suggest having these AP-holder shows available on a regular monthly basis?

It’s a great idea and shows you guys are looking out for loyal longtime AP holders.

louise from CA on September 13th, 2010 at 4:47 pm

Even tho I’m too far to drive down on a weeknight, I think it’s a great idea!

Fortino from CA on September 13th, 2010 at 4:53 pm

Any chance of scheduling this event for a Friday / Saturday? I have kids and school is top priority.

Cheri from AZ on September 13th, 2010 at 6:23 pm

I second the idea of doing something like this for those of us who are APs and D23 members and will be attending Disneyland ’55. Having said that, I really appreciate having something special done for us (APs). Thanks!

Regina on September 13th, 2010 at 6:32 pm

Question: Can I order the dinner/picnic package on those days at 9:15? My friend and I have annual passes.

Heather Hust Rivera on September 13th, 2010 at 8:32 pm

There are no dining packages available for this special 9:15 show.

Jeri on September 13th, 2010 at 6:56 pm

I’m happy about this special event for AP holders, although I’ve already seen WOC at least 5 times since it’s debut. I’m also wondering if you could possibly do the same for us to see the Halloween fireworks spectacular show?? We are so disappointed that in order to see the fireworks show this year, we have to pay for special tickets. I’m an adult with grown children, so basically would be paying extra money just for the fireworks. I don’t understand why you can’t show the same fireworks show on the weekends, too.

Audrey on September 13th, 2010 at 7:26 pm

What a wonderful annoucement! Now I have to try and find a way to get the time off, get a dog sitter and go!

talina from CA on September 13th, 2010 at 7:35 pm

aaawwweeessoommee! We went to the park one night just to see the world of color and were sooo very bummed when we only got to see it from the back. This is perfect for us annual passport holders who sometimes don’t go for the entire day. Thank you!

Jennifer on September 13th, 2010 at 8:10 pm

That is great for the annual passholders on September 15 and 16. I saw the show in July. It is amazing. If I was in LA I would have gone to the show. I go a lot. I love Disneyland!

Christina from CA on September 13th, 2010 at 8:50 pm

Thanks so much for providing a way to see the show. This is really a great opportunity, and I appreciate it.

Danielle on September 13th, 2010 at 8:56 pm

I’m a Annual Passholder and I’ll be in the park on Sept 16. (its my bday!) I have reservations for Ariels Grotto with the World of Color dinner package. Do you think I could get my premium viewing to this showing?? I bet it will be less crowded than the public one.

kathleen on September 13th, 2010 at 10:24 pm

I wish you would do it on the week-end for the annual pass holders during the week with short notice is not good.

Kent on September 13th, 2010 at 11:20 pm

All I can say is, Thank you.

Destiny on September 14th, 2010 at 2:38 am

I went to the woc meet up at my husbands and I last date b4 deployment. And now I’m going to take this opportunity and take my kids. Thank you heather and Disney team for putting this on.

frank on September 14th, 2010 at 4:48 am

this rocks but i dont think i can make it but ya i so wanna be there i tryed to see it in july i right around the time of the all star game but i had barrliy sleeped the night before and i had spent the day working/playing at fan fest and by the time i hit the park on those days i was wiped out so i didnt wind up staying can you guys please re consdier adding some dates to this to maybe give a few people a chance to see who may not be able to on the first round

tessa on September 14th, 2010 at 1:46 pm

NICE
offer but it is during the week, people have work and the kids have school. maybe disney should repeat this offer on the weekend. that way other people who have passes and live 60 miles away(like me) can enjoy the show as well.

Deborah from CA on September 14th, 2010 at 6:43 pm

I love that your thinking of the passholders, but getting the extended family together and down to Southern Ca.with two days notice is impossible.Hopefully next time we’ll get there!!!

Andrew on September 14th, 2010 at 9:48 pm

Good thing it’s on the weekdays and not the weekend… less people!

Tyler from CA on September 14th, 2010 at 11:55 pm

Man although ive seen the show 7 times…i want to take my friends cuz theyre passholders but we all have school the next day and they live in Torrance…soooo can you guys at Disney make another day for those who cant go… that would mean the world to me!!!!!!

Sandy from CA on September 15th, 2010 at 8:38 am

I am glad other APH said something because I always had the same problem and just never said anything! I am going tonight!

Giliann on September 15th, 2010 at 12:32 pm

i love this thank you so much! My dad and I will be going on Thursday, and he is so excited because he hasn’t seen the show yet. This is a great idea so can you guys do this for the Halloween fireworks? Since soo many people complained that its too packed to see the Halloween fireworks now they are exclusively for Mickey’s Halloween Party which we all have to pay extra for. Even people who already shell out top dollar to be annual passholders.So how about a showing of the Halloween fireworks just for annual pass holders??

Lori from CA on September 15th, 2010 at 1:29 pm

Hi Heather, If someone in my party needs to rent a wheelchair, will it still be open after the park officially closes to return it?
Thanks,
Lori

Rod on September 15th, 2010 at 1:33 pm

I may just be able to see World Of Color yet… I was there for the canceled show but this may make up for it I was not going to do all that waiting again from opening to closing. I hope we get as good a spot as we had on the canceled show we were front and center behind the wet zone next to the rope we had a good view of adventure falls as I call the water leak from the fountain that canceled the show, I even have the fast passes from that show a cast member gave them back as I was leaving the area. This should be fun.

John on September 15th, 2010 at 3:08 pm

To those of you upset that they’re doing this on weekdays and not the weekend…remember that a lot of the APs are blocked out on weekends (So Cal, So Cal Select). I have a feeling the people at Disneyland chose these days so that every APer has the opportunity to see the show, as there are no blocked out APs today or tomorrow. For that, I thank you guys! Looking forward to the special trip!

Ariel on September 15th, 2010 at 6:54 pm

This is FANTASTIC! I am trying to go tonight. This is a great opportunity for AP holders! I appreciate the accomodation b/c I am a loyal pass holder.