Leading up to today, Disney Parks commissioned the most comprehensive survey on vacation memories ever undertaken. Travel trend watcher Ypartnership surveyed 3,600 Americans and Canadians about what makes today’s family vacations memorable for both parents and children and there’s some interesting findings we can share with you now:
- Nine out of 10 parents said they planned their vacations with the express hope that they would result in a lasting family memory.
- More than two-thirds of family travelers say they think back “often” or “very often” on their favorite vacation experiences.
- Digital photos represent the most popular way to memorialize vacation memories today, cited by 82 percent of respondents.
- The most positive vacation memories are associated with vacations that include both parents and siblings.
- Traditional photo albums remain the preferred method of sharing vacation memories, but 45 percent of family vacationers now post vacation content on social media sites.
- One out of five family travelers share the events that make the memories “real time” as they actually occur.
Here’s an interview with Ypartnership CEO Peter Yesawich who shares more insight into some vacation memory trends.