Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle at Disneyland Park

A View From…Tokyo Disneyland

posted on October 28th, 2010 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

UPDATE: We’ve added more unique sights from Disney’s Halloween at Tokyo Disneyland.

Mickey Mouse in the 'Welcome to Spookyville' parade at Tokyo Disneyland

Last week, we kicked off this series with a look at the “Halloweenmosphere” created by our friends at Disneyland Paris. Now, here’s another treat – some unique sights from Tokyo Disneyland where the entire park is decked out for Halloween. They’re celebrating the season with a special event called “Disney’s Halloween” at both Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea.

Halloween at Tokyo Disneyland Halloween at Tokyo Disneyland Halloween at Tokyo Disneyland Halloween at Tokyo Disneyland
'Welcome to Spookyville' parade at Tokyo Disneyland 'Welcome to Spookyville' parade at Tokyo Disneyland 'Welcome to Spookyville' parade at Tokyo Disneyland Tokyo Disneyland Guests in Halloween Costumes
Tokyo Disneyland Guests in Halloween Costumes Tokyo Disneyland Guests in Halloween Costumes Tokyo Disneyland Guests in Halloween Costumes Tokyo Disneyland Guests in Halloween Costumes

There’s a new parade at Tokyo Disneyland this year called Disney’s Halloween Street “Welcome to Spookyville.” And as you can see, Mickey, his friends and guests are part of the celebration. Stay tuned for our next post in this series featuring sights you won’t see at Disneyland Resort or Walt Disney World.

Filed: Tokyo Disneyland

Cathy from MA on October 28th, 2010 at 2:07 pm

Just too cute for words! thanks!

Amber from MD on October 28th, 2010 at 2:19 pm

I wish that style would come to Disney.

Helena on October 28th, 2010 at 2:32 pm

What great photos! I especially like the one of Mickey with the littles following behind. Just precious!
I have a question. Since I have not been to any of the Disney parks outside the US – can someone tell me, are all the signs in the parks written in english? I noticed it in a couple of your photos and it surprised me. I expected that they would be written in the native language.
Thanks for sharing such wonderful photos.

Travis from NH on October 28th, 2010 at 2:44 pm

I love the detail and style of the floats and character costumes in Tokyo Disneyland – everything is so bright, big, and colorful. I think it’d be amazing to see some of that design at Walt Disney World.

-Travis
Discussion Kingdom

Jackie on October 28th, 2010 at 3:37 pm

Hi Helena,

I’ve been to Tokyo Disneyland several times and there are signs in English. They also have maps and information in English, similar to the way they have multi-language maps in the US parks. The thing that surprised me the most was that we saw Cinderella and her prince and they looked perfect (blonde/brunette, blue eyed) but they both spoke fluent japanese! I’m looking forward to my next trip back as they have added things I haven’t seen yet. Have a great day!

Matt on October 28th, 2010 at 5:05 pm

Fantastic Photos! I love this new series!
I have to agree with Travis that the costumes and floats are amazing. Just the simple detail and massiveness of everything is crazy! Tokyo Disney always goes all out… I wish the U.S. Disney Parks would follow suit… Tokyo is doing things right… take note take note take note!

Ashley from ON on October 28th, 2010 at 7:00 pm

SUCH amazing costumes! I want to go to Tokyo Disney and Tokyo Disney Sea sooo badly!

Emma from Norfolk on October 29th, 2010 at 7:33 am

Soooo cuuuute!!! It’s made me want to experience Tokyo Disney for myself!

Erik on October 29th, 2010 at 5:24 pm

I would keep any photos of special events from Tokyo Disney Resort off the Disney Parks blog. It will only be a detriment to your image, and show the fans and guests Stateside what Disney is truly capable of for holidays, and how lacking the offerings are at both DLR and WDW.

Lauren on October 29th, 2010 at 5:52 pm

I just love that the Disney Parks Blog is posting all these great images from Disney Parks around the world. Keep it up. All the decorations look awesome. I love the set up in front of the castle with the Haunted Mansion coach and Mickey and Minnie. The floats from the parade look really great too. I love Mickey and Minnie’s costumes. Makes me wish I was there. Hopefully I’ll get to visit Tokyo Disneyland soon.

Thor from CA on October 29th, 2010 at 7:41 pm

I’ve been to Tokyo Disneyland several times in recent years, and it’s even better than it looks in pictures.

I must say it’s awfully brave of you Mr. Smith to put this type of information up about the Tokyo style of running Disney theme parks.

David from FL on October 30th, 2010 at 9:06 am

When I was stationed in Japan while i was in the Navy, I visited Tokyo Disney around Easter, and I was very surprised at how well the park was set up….I wish the stateside parks would do the same type of displays and events.

Tanira on October 31st, 2010 at 10:37 am

As much as I love seeing all the beautiful, fun, interesting decorations that Tokyo Disney has to offer, I agree with everyone else….seeing these pictures makes me sad that we won’t see anything of this caliber in the US parks. Not the WDW and DLR are shabby by any stretch of the imagination….but TD and TDS really know how to go for the “wow”. Seems like the US parks have forgotten how to “plus it up.”

Monterey from CA on November 1st, 2010 at 1:16 am

Oh i love seeing these! So great to get a chance to see unique parts of the parks that I haven’t gone to.