Halloween at the Walt Disney World Resort

Air Force Thunderbirds Fly Over Walt Disney World

posted on October 27th, 2010 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

Thunderbirds Fly Over Magic Kingdom Park

Now there’s something you don’t see every day at Walt Disney World Resort. That’s the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds flying over Main Street U.S.A. and Cinderella Castle to commemorate the start of “Air Force Week” in Central Florida. The Air Force’s official fighter demonstration team made the special flight over Magic Kingdom Park during a celebration of “Hometown Heroes” that included honoring dignitaries at our Celebrate a Dream Come True parade. Today, we’re sharing highlights:

Several airmen and their families were invited by their leadership to participate in the ceremony and celebration at Magic Kingdom Park. Were you there?

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Jackie from WA on October 27th, 2010 at 12:10 pm

Wow! What an amazing video this is! Thank you so much for sharing it with those of us who couldn’t be there yesterday. I absolutely love the Hidden Mickey shaped cloud right behind the Thunderbirds! How did you make that magic happen? :)

Shannon on October 27th, 2010 at 12:18 pm

Wow, that is so awesome. And how nice for the Air Force members and their families. (And for the other park-goers that happened to be there that day!)

Jean from NY on October 27th, 2010 at 12:23 pm

The cloud shape was the first thing I noticed too! Nice salute to all those who fight for our freedom.

Cindy on October 27th, 2010 at 12:25 pm

OMG I love it! Wish I could have been there! Got the chills when they recited the Pledge of Allegance…..with hand over heart I love my country! Oh and Mickey Mouse too!

Christopher from FL on October 27th, 2010 at 12:25 pm

Wow, If they did that every week then I’ll bet there would be a ridiculous surge in enlistments in about 14 years! :)

Sherri from WI on October 27th, 2010 at 12:25 pm

This is an awesome video, wish I could have been there. Thank you for sharing it and thank you to those who serve and have served our country!!!!!!!

Katrina on October 27th, 2010 at 12:26 pm

An awesome video!!! And a big “Thank You” to all the soldiers for defending this great country!

Megan on October 27th, 2010 at 12:47 pm

Beautiful photo – I especially love how even Aladin is captivated from his parade float. Incredible. We see the Thunderbirds every summer flyover the shoreline, I can not even begin to imagine how exciting it would be to watch them flyover Cinderella’s Castle.

emily on October 27th, 2010 at 12:55 pm

this is nice to see!! do they do this with any other branches or just the AF!?!?!

Tammy on October 27th, 2010 at 1:13 pm

Wow I wish I could have seen that, My husband was in the Air Force and he would have loved that!

Anthony from LA on October 27th, 2010 at 1:41 pm

That is a great video!! It is wonderfull that Disney would celerbrate air force week and hometown heroes.

Diane from CT on October 27th, 2010 at 3:24 pm

Tom: thanks for capturing this on the blog. Would have loved to be there in person but the video is spectacular!

Harrison on October 27th, 2010 at 3:28 pm

Amazing! I would have loved to see this in person!

Kelsi on October 27th, 2010 at 4:09 pm

I would just like to point out that for a brief moment, at about :37 seconds, coming from behind the float to the left, ther is a security parade walker who is dancing like crazy and enjoying herself to the fullest durong the Mov It, Shake It, Celebrate It! Street Party. I just want to say how fantastic she is, it’s come to a point that I look for her eveytime I watch the show. She has more energy than the actual dancers and she’s making everybody feel good, I even have pictures of her, too! She doesn’t HAVE to be dancing, she could just stand and wait, but she doesn’t, she has a great time doing her job and is the perfect example of outstanding Disney attitude.

Cynthia on October 27th, 2010 at 5:21 pm

Thank you for honoring the Military!

Barry on October 27th, 2010 at 7:00 pm

Wow…Watching that video makes me proud to be an American…..
Keep up the Good Work… God Bless All The Arm Forces for ALL They Do…

Cory on October 27th, 2010 at 7:27 pm

I would have LOVED to be there for this, my two favorite things, Disney, and the Thunderbirds

Kellie on October 27th, 2010 at 11:02 pm

This is spectacular! My family truly appreciates the Disney Parks being so military friendly. In a world where we can get grief simply for supporting our country, it does a tremendous amount of good for the children of military families to also be Disney families. No matter where we go, we can always vacation at Walt Disney World. Thank you. :-)

Robert from TX on October 28th, 2010 at 9:17 am

I wish I could have been there! The Thunderbirds is my favorite air demonstration team!

matt on October 29th, 2010 at 9:30 am

God bless the USA!

Stacey on October 31st, 2010 at 1:45 am

It was truly a sight to behold! Such an honor to have been there as an observer! When we were on the monorail, we found out they were honoring the Air Force and that the Thunderbirds would be flying. We immediately changed our plans for the day and headed to Magic Kingdom as fast as my son and I could get there. We were honored and grateful and so proud to be American! Thanks to all, in all branches that serve!

Linda on November 1st, 2010 at 9:00 am

THE BEST OF THE BEST!!!!!!! LOVED THIS AND HOW SPECIAL FOR DISNEY TO INVITE THE GUYS AND THEIR FAMILIES…THANK YOU DISNEY FOR DOING THIS

Joyce from PA on November 1st, 2010 at 12:05 pm

My husband and I were at Magic Kingdom that day and it was wonderful. It was even more special for my husband who served in the Air Force during the Viet Nam War. Watching the flyover brought a tear to our eyes and a lump in our throat. So proud to be an American.

andreia on November 4th, 2010 at 10:11 pm

Loved it! Beautiful presentation and video (to all of us who wasn’t there to see all this in person)! That is why my family and I just love everything about Disney, you guys think about everything and everyone.