Walt Disney World Resort, The Haunted Mansion

It’s Showtime Aboard the Disney Dream

posted on October 26th, 2010 by Jonathan Frontado, Disney Cruise Line

Hey Disney Parks Bloggers! Today we have some fun news to share with you as we have just unveiled the lineup of entertainment for our newest cruise ship, the Disney Dream.

Our Guests will delight to some of the most elaborate original musicals presented at sea, over-the-top deck parties and, bursting above it all, the largest fireworks spectacular aboard a cruise ship.

Headlining the musical repertoire is “Disney’s Believe,” an original stage spectacular that combines a heartfelt story with a captivating musical score. Other productions include fan favorite “The Golden Mickeys: A Timeless Tribute,” featuring new musical numbers, and “Villains Tonight!” a fun-filled musical comedy starring Disney’s most famous evil-doers.

In addition to our nightly stage shows, we are re-imagining our popular “Pirates IN the Caribbean” evening with the creation of three distinct deck events:

• The evening starts with “Mickey’s Pirates in the Caribbean,” an interactive show featuring Disney characters.
  • Later, Captain Jack Sparrow unleashes “Club Pirate,” a high-tech, open-air dance party.
  • Of course, we’re still the only cruise line with fireworks at sea. We’ll take this distinctive Disney offering a step further with “Buccaneer Blast!” A new pyrotechnic spectacular featuring more fireworks than ever before synchronized to a dramatic musical score.

Check out this video to see what surprises await you aboard the Disney Dream:

Filed: Disney Cruise Line

Emma from Surrey on October 26th, 2010 at 2:50 pm

Now I am in even more excited for our honeymoon cruise on the Dream next June! :)

Paul on October 26th, 2010 at 2:57 pm

I am just PHENOMENALLY excited about all of this! Golden Mickeys was my favorite show when I was on the Wonder earlier this year. Villains Tonight was the one show from the Magic I wished was on the Wonder so I could see it. Plus a brand new show. PLUS a new fireworks spectacular? What more could I possibly hope for?!
I cannot WAIT for my cruise on the Dream next February!

Samuel from FL on October 26th, 2010 at 3:05 pm

I’m booked on the Disney “Fantasy” for June 2012, so hope this will also be on the sister-ship as well.

Jyllian on October 26th, 2010 at 3:08 pm

Our family would so much like to go on a Disney cruise, but we are concerned that younger children are put together with older kids in the kids clubs. Maybe when she’s older!

Dana on October 26th, 2010 at 3:14 pm

We are counting down the seconds until her arrival! Thanks for such a great update!

Haldana from CT on October 26th, 2010 at 3:29 pm

Sounds great. What night will pirate night be on the three and four night?

Anonymous on October 26th, 2010 at 3:34 pm

Jyllian- there are at least 3 kids clubs for infants, young kids, and teens. The groups are small enmnough there is lots of supervision and the kids have a great time. Go to the “Mom Knows” tab for more info or to ask questions. You will love DCL!

Anonymous on October 26th, 2010 at 3:34 pm

hilda on October 26th, 2010 at 3:36 pm

I can’t wait for the Inaugural Cruise. I am so excited.

Kerry from MB on October 26th, 2010 at 5:01 pm

I can’t wait to go on our first ever cruise aboard the Dream in May. Its going to be a blast.

Rita on October 26th, 2010 at 5:21 pm

I can’t wait to take our kids and granddkids that have never cruised before on the Dream in June…..I think I am more excited about this cruise than the Panama Canal one in January…

Tammy on October 26th, 2010 at 5:47 pm

I am so excited! I get to go on the Disney Dream Jan 22 for the Disney EarMarked Convention and cant wait to see the new shows!

Tammy

Taylor from IL on October 26th, 2010 at 5:55 pm

This is going to be amazing. Will Disney Dreams be presented as well?

Ronald from CT on October 26th, 2010 at 6:49 pm

Can’t wait until my June 2011 Voyage!!!!

barbara from NY on October 26th, 2010 at 6:53 pm

Looks Great I can’t only 91 days to go!!!!!

Mickey on October 26th, 2010 at 7:03 pm

It looks spectacular! I wouldn’t expect anything less. Disney is an entertainment company with ships where other lines are shipping companies with shows.

Jesus on October 26th, 2010 at 10:05 pm

Just amazing all that Disney’s doing for guest

Anonymous on October 27th, 2010 at 2:09 am

Jyllian, there is It’s a Small World Nursery for kids 3 & younger, Disney’s Oceaneer Club & Disney’s Oceaneer Lab for ages 3-10, Edge for 11-13, and Vibe for 14-17. You have nothing to worry about. :)

Carolyn from OR on October 27th, 2010 at 3:20 am

Disney has so many activities for every age – we have been on 7 cruises and are booked to do Alaska next year, Dream december 2011 and Fantasy July 2012 …….. awesome for people of ALL ages. We love it and kids do too ………

Arlene from FL on October 27th, 2010 at 3:33 am

Will Disney Dreams still be a part of the lineup? If not, I cannot believe that anyone would put Villians Tonight in the lineup over Disney Dreams.

Kristin from NJ on October 27th, 2010 at 8:28 am

Wow, I can’t wait! Only 173 days til our first ever cruise. I knew we made a good decision booking the Dream!

kellie on October 27th, 2010 at 8:30 am

omg i can not wait till march to celebrate my 40th with the cruise and a trip to disneyworld and disneyland ,it cant come quick enough

Marla from CT on October 27th, 2010 at 10:56 am

April can’t come fast enough!!

Paul on October 27th, 2010 at 11:02 am

Arlene, it sounds to me like the brand new Disney Believe show is taking the place of Disney Dreams as the “big” show for the final night. Personally, I can’t wait to see it.

Mary from NY on October 27th, 2010 at 1:12 pm

I am so excited! We can not wait until our vacation on the Dream next June. The shows look fantastic. I can not wait to see Believe.

Emily from IN on October 27th, 2010 at 3:27 pm

Cant wait till our cruise

Sandra from GA on October 27th, 2010 at 4:46 pm

We are taking our granddaughter on the Dream in August 2011. Her first Disney cruise and our third Disney cruise (took our son back in 2000 and 2001). Can’t wait for her to experience the wonders of Disney.

Tammy from PA on October 27th, 2010 at 8:45 pm

Yzma for Villains Tonight!??? Awesome!! She’s one of my favorite villains!

Does anyone know the youngest age for “Club Pirate”??

David from FL on October 27th, 2010 at 9:44 pm

These shows look fabulous! I do have to say though that our family LOVES the Disney Dreams show (this is our 6th cruise) and we’ll be sad not to have an opportunity to see it especially on a ship named DISNEY DREAM! (I hope that they reconsider this!) Either way, we’ll see you in June! CAN’T WAIT!

Sandra from NC on October 28th, 2010 at 10:58 am

We are taking my son on the Dream for his birthday in Feb. He has NO IDEA! It is going to be a surprise! He has been begging to go on a cruise and after seeing all the wonderful shows lined up, I honestly don’t know who will be more excited!! :) It is killing me not being able to talk about it but the look on his face will be priceless!!

matt on October 29th, 2010 at 9:39 am

How do they do the fireworks at sea? Whwer do the shoot them off from? I think that is awesome!

john from FL on November 1st, 2010 at 7:16 pm

My Wife and myself are going on our 5th ann. in april on the Dream. The up dates are fantastic but what makes the cruise so great are the employees. Thanks, John&Sheila