Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Our Biggest Meet-Up Yet: Join Us at ElecTRONica

posted on October 19th, 2010 by Heather Hust Rivera, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, The Walt Disney Company

UPDATE (10/21/10): We received a few cancellations and have updated the list of confirmed attendees for the ElecTRONica Meet-Up. Please check to see if your name has been added. If you can no longer attend, please email us your full name, and we will remove you from the list. If your name is on the list and you still have not received a confirmation email, please adjust your email settings, add meetups@disney.go.com to your contacts and send us an email.

UPDATE (10/20/10): Wow, thanks for the great comments and questions. I’ve now got to get things ready for the event so if you have a question, please check my earlier replies – I think we’ve covered everything. But if your question has not been answered, do ask and I’ll respond as soon as I can.

UPDATE: Whew! That was a lot of emails for the team to go through. Thanks very much for your patience. Click here for the list of confirmed attendees for the ElecTRONica Meet-Up. Also, we noticed that some people may have put their guest’s name in the body of the email instead of their own. If that is the case, please check to see if your guest’s name is on the list. We are sending out confirmation emails now. If your name is on the list and you do not receive an email, please email us at meetups@disney.go.com. If you have any other questions about the ElecTRONica Meet-Up, please ask them here on the Blog.

ElecTRONica at Disney California Adventure Park

We’ve had a lot of fun with meet-ups for Toy Story Mania and “World of Color,” and we’ve received some great comments from fans who liked the events. I’ve spoken with many of you and the one request I’ve heard over and over is: “Do more and include more people!” I’ve also noticed that a lot of you are excited about the upcoming Disney film, “TRON: Legacy” and the new ElecTRONica experience at Disney California Adventure park.

So, today, I’m announcing a meet-up on October 28, 2010, for 3000 people at ElecTRONica (that’s 1500 RSVPs each valid for 2 people). Given the large amount of attendees, this will certainly be different from the first two.

Here are some of the highlights:

• Access to Disney California Adventure park at 4 p.m. and exclusive access to an after-hours ElecTRONica experience from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. on October 28. (The Park closes at 8 p.m. on October 28, and ElecTRONica normally runs on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays each week).
  • Opportunity to come decked out in your best TRON or TRON-inspired costume at this special event.
  • Signing opportunity with screenwriters for “TRON: Legacy,” Eddy Kitsis and Adam Horowitz. (This will be limited to 200 people. You may sign up for this opportunity when you check-in for the event on October 28).
  • Opportunity to view select props and concept art from “TRON: Legacy.”
  • Commemorative Flynn’s Arcade coin made just for attendees of this meet-up.

To attend, RSVP to meetups@disney.go.com and follow these directions carefully:

• All guests who RSVP for the event must be 18 years or older, but your guest does not need to be 18.
  • Valid RSVPs must include 1) “ElecTRONica Meet-Up RSVP” in the subject line and 2) your name in the body of the email. All RSVPs will be for the person who responds plus one guest.
  • Valid photo I.D. will be required at check-in.

We will send an email to those who send their valid RSVP before we reach capacity to confirm their attendance for October 28. Depending on your email settings, you may not receive the confirmation email, so we recommend that you also check the list of attendees on the Disney Parks Blog. We will give an update at the top of this post that will include a link to the list of names of all confirmed attendees. If you do not receive an email from us confirming your reservation and your name does not appear on the list of attendees, your RSVP was not accepted.

Please note the event is subject to change or cancellation.

I’m really excited about the event, and I look forward to meeting a lot more of you on October 28.

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Resort

Anonymous on October 19th, 2010 at 4:03 pm

Will any attractions be open during the meet-up aside from ElecTRONica and those associated with it (like the arcade)?

Heather Hust Rivera on October 19th, 2010 at 5:11 pm

Attractions are open at Disney California Adventure until the park closes at 8 p.m. All attractions associated with ElecTRONica (Flynn’s Arcade, 3D Experience, etc) are scheduled to be open until the meet-up ends at 11 p.m.

Shannon from AB on October 19th, 2010 at 4:11 pm

I hope we can get in. We are going to be there on our first family vacation

Anonymous on October 19th, 2010 at 4:31 pm

Woohoo!!! I signed up!!!! Can’t wait to see if I am picked !!!! This is soooo exciting :-)

Kim on October 19th, 2010 at 4:33 pm

Woohoo!! I signed up!!! Cant wait to see if I get picked!!! I am soooo excited!!!

GABRIELA on October 19th, 2010 at 4:36 pm

Can you tell that I’m getting antsy? this will be my first try @ a meet up :)

Danielle on October 19th, 2010 at 4:53 pm

I just sent my email, I hope its not too late, my boyfriend loves Tron so this would be AWESOME!!!

Anonymous on October 19th, 2010 at 5:14 pm

I have never attended one of these events. It sounds fantastic.
Have over 1500 requests already been recieved? Can I still send in a request?

Heather Hust Rivera on October 19th, 2010 at 5:24 pm

We have reached capacity and hope to have the list posted very soon.

Mike on October 19th, 2010 at 5:23 pm

E-mail sent. This would be a fantastic time. Hope I get picked. This is the first time in 5 years that I don’t have a Season Pass. With Tron around the corner, I should have known better than to let it go. :)

Jessica from CA on October 19th, 2010 at 5:28 pm

Just saw on Twitter that all the spots are filled. Can’t wait to see if I’m on the list!

Anonymous on October 19th, 2010 at 5:35 pm

No plans to increase the limit? Would really like experience this but didn’t find out about this until now.

Jose on October 19th, 2010 at 5:36 pm

Any chance of increasing the limit? Didn’t find out about this until now and would really like to go!

lisa from CA on October 19th, 2010 at 5:39 pm

My prediction is that it won’t be today :) Sorry, no offense, Heather, but to go through 1500 emails is a huge job!! Good luck and thanks for doing another Meet-Up!

Anonymous on October 19th, 2010 at 5:40 pm

Wiggling with anticipation!!!! Thank you for this opportunity!

Josh on October 19th, 2010 at 5:45 pm

OMG I had such a blast at the World of Color Meet Up! I hope Emma and I have the chance to go to this as well! Electronica looks amazing!!! :D

Elizabeth on October 19th, 2010 at 6:02 pm

Has anyone received a confirmation email yet?

Heather, have they been sent out yet?

*anxious* :)

Heather Hust Rivera on October 19th, 2010 at 6:05 pm

I’m anxious, too. :) No emails have been sent yet.

Suzi on October 19th, 2010 at 6:03 pm

Since many people may have entered twice (or more), and some people seem to have entered then realized the event clashed with other events, will you have an ‘overflow’ list/line? I sent the info to my daughter since she and her boyfriend have been working on their Tron costumes for the movie opening…but I didn’t think about them needing a photographer! I went ahead and sent an email, if you have duplicates/no shows, will there be a chance for some of us to get in the night of?

Suzi (mom of Virginia of CA)

diane on October 19th, 2010 at 6:41 pm

This event sounds like fun, my family and I are flying in on the 28th, for my 21rst birthday (again)

Anonymous on October 19th, 2010 at 6:47 pm

have the emails been sent out yet?

Anonymous on October 19th, 2010 at 6:52 pm

Hope I wasn’t too late :/ Really wanna take my roommate to this! We are obsessed with Tron!

Anonymous on October 19th, 2010 at 6:56 pm

Wow! Sounds like fun, I hope I can go. My Schedule is wide open…..

heather on October 19th, 2010 at 7:01 pm

Thank you for all your hard work sorting through the emails. I’m shaking waiting for the results… lol…. once again thank you… hope I get to be apart of this cool event!!!!!

michelle on October 19th, 2010 at 7:23 pm

I hope we made it in time! My husband loves tron and this would be super-perfect!!! I’m so anxious!!! We have our tron costumes ready, I really hope we get picked!!

Suzi on October 19th, 2010 at 7:30 pm

I hope folks who realized it clashed with their other Disney events will be kind enough to email and let them know to take them off the list. I see by some responses that people may have rsvp’d then realized they already had plans. *crosses fingers* I really want my daughter and her guy to go, but I’d also love to (even tho I’m pretty sure I emailed after they were full).

Suzi on October 19th, 2010 at 7:32 pm

Hey Michelle, how did you make Yori’s helmet? My daughter is making their costumes and she just can’t find another helmet. thanks!
Suzi

Stan from CA on October 19th, 2010 at 7:33 pm

For some reason the jeopardy theme is running through my head!… As well as the Heinz Ketchup Song ”Anticipation”!! lol

Scott on October 19th, 2010 at 7:34 pm

I hope I got my request in in time, I would be great to go!

aramis from CA on October 19th, 2010 at 7:36 pm

heather where can we check the RSVP list?

Heather Hust Rivera on October 20th, 2010 at 11:46 am

The RSVP list is in the update at the top of this post. I’ve also pasted it here: http://bit.ly/9ImFqd

aramis from CA on October 19th, 2010 at 7:36 pm

heather where can we check the RSVP list?

John on October 19th, 2010 at 7:36 pm

Heather, do we have to arrive at 4 for the meetup? My guest and I have an AP so we were thinking of arriving at 8 (we’re attending the Tron-Sneak Peek the same day that’s why).

Heather Hust Rivera on October 20th, 2010 at 11:46 am

As long as you’re in before 8 p.m., you’ll be fine. Check-in will close right at 8 p.m.

Danielle on October 19th, 2010 at 7:44 pm

I can’t wait to find out if I got it…. Hope the list is posted soon!!!! :)

Anonymous on October 19th, 2010 at 7:51 pm

Heather, you rock

Bernadette on October 19th, 2010 at 7:56 pm

If my friend sent an incomplete Email the first time (wrong subject line and no name) but sent a second email filled out correctly, will he still be considered for an RSVP?

Irene from CA on October 19th, 2010 at 7:57 pm

I have to say Heather how impressed I am by your being on here answering questions! That is really nice. My email was sent from work and is not the email account I normally use for Disney stuff (used my Yahoo account, accessible anywhere :) ). I assume that it won’t matter. Also I was in such a hurry to get it off my name in the body shows as just my nickname and then my first name only. Hope that is OK.

Anonymous on October 19th, 2010 at 7:57 pm

Sounds like fun

Anonymous on October 19th, 2010 at 7:59 pm

SO EXCITED!!!!!

Anonymous on October 19th, 2010 at 8:17 pm

Will the list be out today or sometime tomorrow?
Keeping my fingers crossed. I guess I’ll just keep
checking back and checking my email.

Oleg from CA on October 19th, 2010 at 8:31 pm

1500 is a lot – but then not – of people. Should be interesting…

Rebecca from CA on October 19th, 2010 at 8:32 pm

Just wondering if you might ever consider a lottery system for the meetups? Although this was a much larger group, the last times I’ve entered within minutes of the announcement and still didn’t get in.

Another thought, maybe open the RSVP’s during an evening time slot? This time I missed it because I couldn’t check the blog during work hours, not everyone can be online during the day.

Just a couple of thoughts, because I would really love to attend one of these.

Dinah on October 19th, 2010 at 9:02 pm

i got the “good” e-mail. thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!!! i am wayyyy excited for this. :D can’t wait for next thurs.

Dinah on October 19th, 2010 at 9:02 pm

i just got the “good” e-mail. thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!!! i am wayyyy excited for this. :D can’t wait for next thurs.

Loren on October 19th, 2010 at 9:03 pm

Yay! Thank you! I got my e-mail and am excited to attend the ElecTRONica Meet-Up! :)

Jordan from CA on October 19th, 2010 at 9:04 pm

YAY! I got my email! :D See you all on the 28th!

Nicholas on October 19th, 2010 at 9:05 pm

Aw, missed the deadline again! Oh well. I hope everyone has tons of fun at the event! :)

Perhaps you could try a random-drawing-type thing instead of these ‘first come, first serve’ RSVPs…

Anonymous on October 19th, 2010 at 9:06 pm

I cannot wait!

Kristina on October 19th, 2010 at 9:07 pm

I got the e-mail. I can’t wait and look forward to meeting you

victor from CA on October 19th, 2010 at 9:07 pm

WOO-HOO, just got our confirmation email…….yay!

Kyle on October 19th, 2010 at 9:09 pm

Oh boy I’ve wanted to go to ElecTRONica since it opened but never could afford to! I hope I get to go!

Anonymous on October 19th, 2010 at 9:11 pm

I So want to go Hope I get a RSVP for ElecTRONica Meet-Up RSVP

Nicole from CA on October 19th, 2010 at 9:12 pm

I just got my confirmation email… Woo! I’m so excited! I do have a question though. If we have an annual pass and get there before 4:00PM, will someone be there so that we can sign in? Or will we have to come back out of the park to do so at 4?

Heather Hust Rivera on October 20th, 2010 at 2:18 pm

You’ll need to come back out of the parks to check-in between 4 p.m. and 8 p.m.

Alexander on October 19th, 2010 at 9:12 pm

I got a question…I had tickets to see World of Color that night and it says that “Guests who arrive after 8:00 p.m. will not be able to attend the meet-up.” Is there a way to get even though I’m seeing World of Color? Will that be a problem?

Heather Hust Rivera on October 20th, 2010 at 3:31 pm

If you already have tickets to “World of Color,” head over to ElecTRONica when it’s over, and you’ll be able to get in. You’ll have to miss the opening moment for ElecTRONica, but if you’ve already attended ElecTRONica in the past, this might be all right with you.