Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Rapunzel and Flynn Rider Now Greeting Guests at Disneyland Park

posted on October 15th, 2010 by Heather Hust Rivera, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, The Walt Disney Company

Rapunzel and Flynn Rider
Starting today, Rapunzel and Flynn Rider from the upcoming Disney movie, “Tangled,” will greet guests in Fantasyland at Disneyland park. We shared a first look at concept art back in August, but it’s so much better to see the real thing.

Rapunzel and Flynn Rider

Beginning October 24, both characters also will appear at Fairytale Garden in the Magic Kingdom in Orlando.

You can also see Rapunzel and Flynn Rider on the big screen when “Tangled” debuts in theaters this Thanksgiving.

’Tangled’ Sign in Fantasyland

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

19 Comments 1 Reply

David on October 15th, 2010 at 4:14 pm

Cool! I have to say that the Imagineers did an incredible job on Rapunzel’s artwork! I can hardly wait to see the film. Oh, and a big shout out to the costume department on the awesome clothes and wigs!

David on October 15th, 2010 at 4:15 pm

Heather, do you have any information on Rapunzel’s location at MK? And will Flynn be with her there, also. Thanks for all your great updates, Heather!

Heather Hust Rivera on October 15th, 2010 at 5:55 pm

Yep, Flynn and Rapunzel will be at Fairytale Garden in the Magic Kingdom, beginning October 24.

Laura on October 15th, 2010 at 4:19 pm

Will they always be greeting guests together or will there sometimes be one or the other there solo? My little one is excited about this movie, it’ll be fun to get to meet the characters as well!

Fred from CA on October 15th, 2010 at 5:31 pm

Pretty cool.
The meet and greet location looks great.

Speaking of characters, I wish that the characters from BOLT were available to meet somewhere at the resort. The Hollywood Pictures Backlot in California Adventure would be a good place for them.

Kayla from WA on October 15th, 2010 at 6:27 pm

I want his boots. *drool*

Kathryn on October 15th, 2010 at 10:43 pm

Hooray! Can’t wait to meet & greet!

How long will they be in the parks? Through the Holiday Season?

Thor from CA on October 16th, 2010 at 2:35 am

I saw this new Tangled tower and cottage on Thursday before it officially opened, and it looks GREAT!

But is Flynn the first Disney hero/prince to have facial hair? I can’t think of any others. Anyone know for sure?

Nathaniel on October 16th, 2010 at 7:06 pm

Awesome my sister would like that.

Kathleen on October 16th, 2010 at 8:02 pm

Oh Thor – how about James T. Sullivan or Beast? :-) We are waiting with bated breath for the movie.

Gregory from PA on October 17th, 2010 at 3:48 am

Thor, Captain Phoebus from The Hunchback of Notre Dame has a goatee. Also, the dwarves from Snow White have PLENTY of facial hair! ;) (I consider them “heroes”.)

Stephanie from CA on October 17th, 2010 at 11:35 pm

We’re be in DL on November 7th. My daughters LOVE Pascal, the chameleon from the movie trailers. I wish there was a way they could see him too, he is so cute! I have’t bought them any stuffed animals in years because they already have so many, but I just might buy them Pascal when we get there.

Valerie on October 18th, 2010 at 9:29 am

My daughter & I were both upset that they moved the date back for the Meet & Greet at MK. I originally saw it was to be Oct. 15 but when we went there to see her on the 16th, they told us it was pushed back but that she was in Epcot the day before. UGH!!! Went to Guest Relations & they told us she was not anywhere that day. We left on the 17th so we did not get to see her this trip:-(

Kathleen on October 18th, 2010 at 11:12 am

My daughter can not wait to see Tangled!!! Yesterday we looked at the website and she was so happy to see the Tangled characters would meet you at Disneyland. So today she had Rapunzel in her lunch

Anonymous on October 18th, 2010 at 10:26 pm

Are you REALLY going to take out Meet-and-greet with Lotso-Huggin- Bear From Toy Story 3 and replace him with Tangled Characters!?!?!

Catherine on October 20th, 2010 at 9:51 pm

I saw them at the CHOC Walk. Very cute. I like Flynn’s soul patch; it’s like Apolo Ohno’s.

mandy from CA on October 21st, 2010 at 2:38 am

Oh no leave us Lotso!!!!! he can just hang out by Toy Story Mania or with me :)

Paul on October 21st, 2010 at 9:06 am

@Anon – the post says that the Tangled meet-and-greet is going to be in the Fairy Tale Garden Theater, in the Magic Kingdom. To me, that means that Lotso will still be at the Animation Pavilion in DHS.

Heather, can you confirm?

Leslie from TX on October 27th, 2010 at 9:09 am

We will actually be at WDW when the movie comes out! Does anyone know if they have a big movie premier or place we can take the kids to see it while in the parks? They are so looking forward to the movie coming out that they are actually dressing up as Rapunzel and the Prince for Halloween – and we are completely making their costumes and the tower from scratch!!

nuala from IL on October 28th, 2010 at 2:42 pm

We’re going in a couple of weeks and I’m excited at the possibility of my daughter getting a photo with Rapunzel – her princess dress this year is the Rapunzel dress. :-)