Via Napoli Restaurant, Italy Pavilion at Epcot

Behind the Scenes: The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh at Magic Kingdom Park

posted on November 22nd, 2010 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

Construction of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh at Magic Kingdom

After the last guest left Magic Kingdom Park one night last week, Walt Disney Imagineers unveiled some magic. While you slept, they removed construction walls surrounding The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and gave a first look at their amazing work.

The queue and exterior façade for the classic Fantasyland attraction have been completely re-imagined. You can now enjoy a fully immersive interactive adventure through the Hundred Acre Wood that includes visits to Tigger’s Bouncy Place, Rabbit’s Garden, Eeyore’s Gloomy Place and Pooh’s Hunny Hives. Here’s a peek at the work that took place. Enjoy.

Tagged: , , , ,

Filed: Behind the Scenes, Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Michelle from CO on November 22nd, 2010 at 2:59 pm

Oh my it looks so cool! I can’t wait to see it. I want to bounce just like tigger!

Travis from NH on November 22nd, 2010 at 3:08 pm

I’ve seen many photo reports and it looks absolutely amazing! I love the new show elements and it looks like WDI did an fantastic job at connecting the storyline and interactive features. I really hope we see more of this with current Fantasyland attractions. The high level of detail and theming in the queue that replaced the old “fair” theme is very welcoming. I can’t wait to see see it first hand!

-Travis
Discussion Kingdom

Rozi on November 22nd, 2010 at 3:56 pm

This is so cool :)
Is the Imagineering at the start of the clip replacing the old one?

Aaron from OR on November 22nd, 2010 at 4:33 pm

These behind the scenes videos continue to be the best part of this blog! I love it!

(I also wish they were longer — when you’ve got great work like this to show off, let it breathe!)

Mandy from IL on November 22nd, 2010 at 4:59 pm

We will be there in 10 days!! I can’t wait to see it.

Toni on November 22nd, 2010 at 5:18 pm

Can’t wait to see it when we are there in early December!

Samantha on November 22nd, 2010 at 5:25 pm

I cant wait to see it myself. It looks so good!

David on November 22nd, 2010 at 6:37 pm

7 more days. Gotta see this! Just added to my must do list!

Ann on November 22nd, 2010 at 7:03 pm

Missed this area in our visit in October – so look forward to anything Pooh and Eeyore. I can’t wait to see it for real – April 2012! The Disney people are amazing!

amy from AL on November 22nd, 2010 at 7:42 pm

I love the new look! It matches the feel of the Winnie the Pooh stories. The kids and “kids at heart” will have fun with the interactive aspects that have been added. I love the behind the scenes video – keep them coming. :)

Laura from MO on November 22nd, 2010 at 7:59 pm

We were just there on Saturday! It was a cute ride…had no idea it was new!

Stephen on November 23rd, 2010 at 12:21 am

Random question. Does anyone know what the song is that plays behind the video?

Briana from FL on November 23rd, 2010 at 2:03 am

I visited this attraction tonight with my family and it was amazing! Some of the interactive elements were still closed (such as the Tigger bouncing that was featured in the video), but the 4-5 that we experienced were so much fun, and really made the queue line fly by. We’re constantly in awe of all that the great Imagineering team is doing!

Nathan on November 23rd, 2010 at 8:22 am

This looks really awesome. I get to see it in January!!

Gloria from IN on November 23rd, 2010 at 9:42 am

Wouldn’t it be amazing if they could do something like this for the Peter Pan queue? That has got to be the most boring line in all of WDW!

Matthew on November 23rd, 2010 at 12:12 pm

now lets see something like this for peter pan that line is a long boring wait

Sean on November 24th, 2010 at 10:46 am

We (my daughters and I) can’t wait to do the Tigger bouncing.

Alex on November 24th, 2010 at 12:35 pm

If this is what we have to expect from the Fantasyland Expansion then- YAY! When interactive elements were brought up in the announcements again and again I feared they would all be the same, and all be screens with games like in the Space Mountain or Soarin’ queue, and I am glad to see they are not.

Also, I second Matthew, while I like to stare at It’s A Small World’s exterior as much as anyone I think that line could use some entertainment.

Alex on November 24th, 2010 at 12:38 pm

Along with my previous comment, I think something as simple as is used in waking Tinkerbell in Tinkerbell Treasures would add a lot to the line at Peter Pan’s Flight.

Christian on November 24th, 2010 at 4:28 pm

This looks incredible. It’s amazing what the Imagineers can do. I was just wondering, does the winnie the pooh ride in Florida rock or move around like the one in California?

david from TN on November 29th, 2010 at 12:59 pm

I will be arriving in 20 days and can not wait to see this in person. My wife loves this ride and I am not going to tell her they have reopened the queue. I would really like one of those Mickey’s for my hard hat.