'World of Color' at Disney California Adventure Park

Black Friday at DisneyParks.com/Store

posted on November 24th, 2010 by Dara Trujillo, Manager, Merchandise Synergy, Events, and Communication

Every year around this time I find myself asking, “Where did the year go?” Not only is it hard for me to believe that Thanksgiving is just a day away, but the biggest shopping day of the year is right behind it. Every Black Friday, I lace up my sneakers, map out shopping destinations and head out to the stores to face the early morning mayhem on a quest to find the best deals on gifts for my family and friends.

Disney Parks Ornaments

This year, I’ve decided to hang up my trusty sneakers and shop smarter – not harder. How am I going to do this, you ask? With Black Friday deals and discounts being offered online at DisneyParks.com/Store.

I had the chance to sit down with Bekky Dunsworth, Merchandise e-Commerce Manager for DisneyParks.com/Store, who filled me in on all the details for Black Friday. “If you want to avoid the crowds on Black Friday, then you’ve got to check out the deals at DisneyParks.com/Store.”

All day on Friday, November 26, we’re offering 20 percent off all Disney Theme Park favorites throughout the site. “It’s the perfect way for Disney Park Fans to bring Disney magic home for the holidays and trim their trees in true Disney Style,” said Bekky, “Plus with every purchase of $75 or more, shoppers qualify for free standard shipping on their entire order. It’s a great way to re-live the magic of a past Disney Parks Vacation or pick up that something special that you may have left behind.”

A Piece in the Dooney & Bourke for Disney Parks Collection

One of my favorite highlights for Black Friday has to be on the Dooney & Bourke for Disney Parks Collection. Not only are all the Disney Park Authentic Dooney & Bourke Bags 20 percent off, but you have the opportunity to add on a little extra Disney magic. With any purchase of a Dooney & Bourke Bag at DisneyParks.com/Store, you have the chance to purchase a limited edition Mickey Balloons Cosmetic Bag by Dooney & Bourke for $15. This Dooney & Bourke Cosmetic Bag and offer cannot be found at Disney Parks – it’s an online exclusive. And here’s a tip for savvy shoppers: make sure you take a look at the Mickey Wonder and Tonal Mickey Dooney & Bourke Collections. These two collections are already on special for 10 percent off and on Black Friday, you can take an extra 20 percent off the sale price.

So, if you’re like me and want to avoid the crowds and the cold the morning of Friday, November 26, make sure you check out the deals at DisneyParks.com/Store. It’s a great way to save and put a little Disney Magic on the tree and under the tree this holiday season.

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

Sean on November 24th, 2010 at 10:34 am

You just made my wife’s Christmas with this news. She’s been wanting the Dooney and Bourke Purse since we saw it at Disney World in August, but due to the price we could not get it then and it didn’t look possible for Christmas. Now, after reading this, she’s jumping up and down with a smile bigger then the Cheshire Cat’s. I guess I know “where” I will be on Black Friday. Thanks for making more magic happen.

Dawn on November 24th, 2010 at 11:12 am

Where are the Dooney and Bourke bags available at WDW? I’m headed there next week and want to pick one up!
Thanks!

Colleen on November 24th, 2010 at 11:51 am

Dawn, you can find them at World of Disney in the Donwtown Disney market area. We were just there in Oct. Thanks for the heads up on the sale!

Katrina from TN on November 24th, 2010 at 12:05 pm

Cindy- My thoughts exactly!
Dawn- We were there in May and they also had them in the Contemporary gift shop. A friend told me they were also in her hotel gift shop but I can’t remember which one she stayed at.

Dawn on November 24th, 2010 at 12:22 pm

Thanks ladies! I can’t wait!

Kellie on November 24th, 2010 at 1:19 pm

I monitor the Disney Store website, especially the Disney Parks items, pretty regularly. The 20% off sale last week was the first I had noticed of the Disney Parks merchandise being included in ANY of the Disney Store’s promo’s. So, more off would be nice, but I’m pretty thankful to have Disney Parks merchandise included at all. Thanks!

Julie on November 24th, 2010 at 1:47 pm

Dawn-They are also in Magic Kingdom…in stores on either side of Main Street!

charles on November 24th, 2010 at 8:59 pm

Only 20% off? We’ve been to the parks this time of year(Thanksgiving and CHRISTmas) and the sales there had deeper discounts(especially CHRISTmas time).Black Friday’s known for rock bottom prices to get the customers in the store.Sorry,20% is a small discount(hope they’ll be deeper when we’re down in December).

Al on November 24th, 2010 at 10:55 pm

FYI… I just received the AP/BackstagePass for the holliday season. It says all AP/Premiums will get 20% (instead of 15%) off all merchandise in the parks and hotels through Jan 10th.

Michael on November 26th, 2010 at 7:12 am

Online is not letting you use both the 20% off and the 15.00 cosmetic bag promos at once. So you 20% off is a better discount than the free bag. The 15.00 cosmetic bag ends up costing 19.95 because that is the shipping cost. You still pay shipping on it.

debbie on November 30th, 2010 at 7:59 am

HI
I was so excited about the purse being on sale on top of the 10% off- I was able to use both the code for the 20% and the little cute purse too
BUT on Cyber monday the deal was 25% so I called and they adjusted the price.
I was over the moon as I had been saving Disney gift cards – told everyone that was all I wanted for my bday and such and can you believe I only had to pay $10 after all my gift cards WHAT A DEAL