Halloween at the Walt Disney World Resort

First Look: Selena Gomez, Nick Cannon and Big Bad Voodoo Daddy at Disneyland Resort for the 2010 Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade

posted on November 7th, 2010 by George Savvas, Public Relations Director, Disneyland Resort

Earlier today, we completed some segments for the 2010 Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade at the Disneyland Resort and I wanted you to be the first to see some fun pictures from the taping.

First, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy was joined by “Dancing With the Stars” professional dancers Tony Dovolani, Chelsie Hightower, Kym Johnson, and Louis Van Amstel in a rousing performance of Phineas and Ferb’s favorite holiday song, “Christmas is Starting Now.”

Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Joined By “Dancing With the Stars” Professional Dancers Tony Dovolani, Chelsie Hightower, Kym Johnson, and Louis Van Amstel

Selena Gomez then sang the classic,“Winter Wonderland.” Selena is always so much fun and I think her fans are really going to love this performance.

Selena Gomez Singing Winter Wonderland”

During a break from the show, Chip and Dale got a chance to visit the “Wizards of Waverly Place” star and we took this fun photo.

Selena Gomez with Chip and Dale

Joining us at the Disneyland Resort for the first time this year is Nick Cannon, who was joined by lots of familiar faces during the taping.

Nick Cannon with Lots of Familiar Faces

We’ll bring you more updates on the Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade in the coming weeks, but for those of you making your plans now, here’s when you can catch the show on ABC all around the country on Christmas Day:

• Eastern Time Zone: 12 p.m. 2 p.m.
  • Central Time Zone: 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
  • Mountain Time Zone: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
  • Pacific Time Zone: 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
  • Los Angeles: 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.

Filed: Celebrity Visits, Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

Fred from CA on November 7th, 2010 at 5:44 pm

Very cool.

I’ve always loved and been amused by the fact that all of the filming at both the Disneyland Walt Disney World Resorts are done several weeks in advance, and when the show airs, they present it as if the whole thing is going on live between the two resorts.

I’ll bet that some people who are watching on Christmas Day really do think that its live. :)

That’s the magic of television!

Anthony from CA on November 7th, 2010 at 5:51 pm

Does Los Angeles time for the parade viewing on TV count for the whole Los Angeles area only or for all of nearby Southern California like San Diego?

George Savvas on November 9th, 2010 at 6:23 pm

Hi Anthony. San Diego should air the parade 5-7p.m

Daniel on November 7th, 2010 at 6:19 pm

So how in the world do you get tickets to the taping of this event? We have wanted to go to this Christmas Celebration for years but have never been able to figure out how to go. Any feedback is welcome. Thanks!

Jason from CA on November 7th, 2010 at 6:25 pm

Ahhhh I missed it! I’ve been wanting to go to one of the tapings but none of the cast members know when the specific dates are!

Allison on November 7th, 2010 at 6:31 pm

Do you know when Walt Disney World will be scheduling their filming?

David on November 7th, 2010 at 6:54 pm

It has been a tradition in our home for several years to watch the Disney Christmas Day Parade. Since we aren’t able to visit a park during the holidays, this is our chance to see the beautiful floats, see our favorite characters, and catch up on the newest movies and attractions! Thanks for hosting this wonderful program, Disney! Will Regis be back this year?

Martha on November 7th, 2010 at 6:58 pm

i wish i knew that would of being fun to go to…is there a way of knowing before these kind of events come on?

Ryan from CA on November 7th, 2010 at 7:08 pm

Looks awesome! I’d love to someday catch the filming of all this :)

Benny on November 7th, 2010 at 7:45 pm

I was like right in the front somewhere. It was pretty cool!

Zack on November 7th, 2010 at 7:48 pm

Is Nick Cannon the host from the Disneyland Resort this year? And who are the hosts for the Disney World part this year?

George Savvas on November 9th, 2010 at 6:24 pm

Zack, yes, Nick is at Disneyland and Ryan Seacrest is at Walt Disney World this year.

Dana on November 7th, 2010 at 8:22 pm

When will taping take place at WDW? When and how will tickets be distributed for the taping? Also, who will be performing there?

Jonathan from CA on November 7th, 2010 at 8:25 pm

Does anyone know how long Selena was at Disneyland for, I just saw her around 10:30 am.

Robin on November 7th, 2010 at 8:47 pm

This was an amazing day! It was so much fun to be a part of the audience and know that I was able to see this in person! The parade was also very fun, too!

Christine on November 7th, 2010 at 9:03 pm

Great party, super celebrities, what fun – glad to be a part of the celebration!!

Brandon on November 7th, 2010 at 10:34 pm

What happened to Ryan Seacrest the American Idol host? I thought he usually hosts the Disneyland portion of the Disney Parks Christmas Day parade? He’s been doing it since 2005 the Happiest Homecoming on Earth which was the 50th Anniversary.

George Savvas on November 9th, 2010 at 6:24 pm

Hello Brandon. Ryan will be hosting from Walt Disney World this year.

jesus from CA on November 7th, 2010 at 10:46 pm

when it gonna be the tapin i want to be there

hope on November 7th, 2010 at 11:20 pm

I never get tired of the Disney Christmas Day parade. I have been watching this celebrity filled event every year since I can remember. I love how they go back and forth between walt disney world parks and the Disney parks here in southern california. It’s a great start to a blessed Holiday morning!

Ricardo from CA on November 7th, 2010 at 11:24 pm

Was this taped during regular Disneyland hours? Also, when will more recording for Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade happen? Thanks.

Deanna on November 8th, 2010 at 12:50 am

So does that mean Ryan Seacrest is not hosting the Disneyland Park portion of the parade? I think Nick Cannon will do a good job, I just always look forward to seeing Ryan :) I’m sure it will be another great parade. My sister and I love watching it together Christmas morning. We are such big kids at heart.

George Savvas on November 9th, 2010 at 6:25 pm

Hi Deanna. Ryan will be back, but at Walt Disney World this year.

Cristina from CA on November 8th, 2010 at 1:42 am

5pm – 7pm??? Why has it moved to such a late time? My family always watches this while opening presents. That is such a random time. Why the change??

George Savvas on November 9th, 2010 at 6:25 pm

Hi Cristina. This year there are some televised sports events and other programming which have impacted the schedule regionally.

Maria from CA on November 8th, 2010 at 4:00 am

We went today to Disneyland and we didn’t Know about the filming of Christmas Day Parade we miss Selena Gomez I will love to Know When r u Guys going to Film again or any especial events so a can take my kind thank u :)

Laura on November 8th, 2010 at 8:26 am

We are arriving in Anaheim on December 26th for a week at Disneyland and California’s Adventure. Watching this on Christmas day will get us pumped!!!

Audrey-Dixie on November 8th, 2010 at 1:30 pm

Are they going to be filming this week I want to go to Disneyland when they do! =]

Dana on November 8th, 2010 at 3:31 pm

We were there yesterday we saw Nick Cannon and all the stages we missed Selena Gomez but it was really neat walking in and seeing them filming. They were interviewing Nick at the time my girls got right in the middle of it all super fun!

Mark from Staffordshire on November 9th, 2010 at 12:04 pm

Is there anyway of seeing this in the UK, perhaps it could be shown on one of the Disney channels….I need a fix, was there in January and this would be a perfect reminder and a great Christmas experience….

George Savvas on November 9th, 2010 at 6:26 pm

Mark, I was recently having a similar conversation with a colleague in London. I will pass along your comments!

Julie on November 9th, 2010 at 1:59 pm

I was at this event and i had a blast rocking with Big Bad Voodoo Daddy it was amazing Thank you Global Entertainment Industries and Disney for the tickets

Dana on November 9th, 2010 at 9:04 pm

Will Kelly Ripa still be hosting at WDW with Ryan Seacrest? Also, who will the other guest stars for the WDW segment?

Gerardo from CA on November 10th, 2010 at 11:17 pm

Is there by any chance a live internet streaming? I don’t get ABC…

L from aberdeenshire on November 11th, 2010 at 4:50 pm

Is there anyway to view this in the UK at all – eg on internet as my kids would love to watch this on Christmas day?

Michelle on November 11th, 2010 at 10:28 pm

Can you give any other clues as to who will be at WDW? I thought maybe Bella Thorne, Roshon Fagen and other cast members of Shake it Up. And hope for Lee DeWyze! The tradition has been to have the American Idol there. Give us hints! Thanks!

Mark from Staffordshire on December 5th, 2010 at 3:52 am

Hi, any update on entry 25 above as to whether or not we will get to see this in the UK?

mark