Sleeping Beauty's Winter Castle

Inside the Disney Dream

posted on November 23rd, 2010 by Jonathan Frontado, Disney Cruise Line

Can you believe it’s only been a few weeks since the Disney Dream made her public debut? So much has happened since then.

After the ship floated out from the dry dock where she was built in Papenburg, Germany, work has continued taking place all throughout her interior to prepare for the first Disney Cruise Line guests early next year.

In a couple of recent blog posts we asked what you wanted to see inside the Disney Dream so I’m thrilled to offer an exclusive peek at some of the fantastic spaces coming to life aboard the ship.

Here’s a view of the three-deck atrium lobby taken earlier this month. It’s the first sight that will greet guests when they board at Florida’s Port Canaveral.

The Art Deco Chandelier in the Lobby of the Disney Dream

Wow, huh? Now imagine what it will look like when finished.

The Art Deco chandelier was custom designed for the Disney Dream and measures seven meters in diameter. Decorated with Swarovski crystals, it’s covered with 24-karat gold plating and cascades four meters down from the atrium ceiling.

Some of the areas you asked to see are featured in today’s video and photo gallery, including a few nearly finished staterooms, the pools on Deck 11, the Deck 3 atrium, Animator’s Palate, the Vibe club for teens on Deck 5, the Pink champagne bar for adults on Deck 4 and the Senses Spa and Salon on Deck 11. Enjoy!

Stateroom on the Disney Dream Stateroom on the Disney Dream Pool on Deck 11 of the Disney Dream Nemo's Reef on Deck 11 of the Disney Dream
The Deck 3 Atrium on the Disney Dream The Animator's Palate on the Disney Dream The Senses Spa & Salon of the Disney Dream The Senses Spa & Salon on the Disney Dream

I’ll have more photos to share next week, including a look at Royal Palace and Enchanted Garden, two of the rotational restaurants guests will enjoy on every cruise.

Meanwhile, the Disney Dream arrived in Hamburg, Germany, yesterday after completing sea trials on Europe’s North Sea. She’s undergoing a final dry dock before her delivery ceremony early next month at Bremerhaven, Germany.

Tell us if you like what you see and we’ll keep sharing more sneak peeks with you.

Filed: Disney Cruise Line

Amy on November 23rd, 2010 at 11:28 am

Cannot WAIT to book people on that cruise ship. I love hearing all their vacation stories. Gotta work hard so I can take a cruie too. Looks fantastic! There’s no one like Disney.

Joanna on November 23rd, 2010 at 11:32 am

Love it!, guys u r great! u know what u r doing!.

Walter from Buenos Aires on November 23rd, 2010 at 11:32 am

Oh my God!! It´s AMAZING!!!
I am amazed, speechless.
It´s bautyful!!!
I can´t wait to be there!

I would like to see something about the sport´s deck and the Walt Disney Theater!

Tina on November 23rd, 2010 at 11:49 am

Our head server from the Magic left Saturday with us and is now headed to Germany to help get the Dream dining areas ready. If you are going on the Dream ask for Ivan for your Head Server—-he’s the greatest!

Lynn from ON on November 23rd, 2010 at 11:57 am

Would love to see accessible rooms and verandahs; especially 5552!

NATISHA on November 23rd, 2010 at 12:02 pm

O.M.G IM SO LOOKING FORWARD TO BOOKING IM SPEECHLESS

Kelly on November 23rd, 2010 at 12:22 pm

UH-mazing! LOVE seeing the pictures – LOVE this blog!

Barbara from NY on November 23rd, 2010 at 12:55 pm

WOW!!!!!!!

Jackie on November 23rd, 2010 at 1:04 pm

Keep these photos coming
enjoying see the Dream

Jhoanna from MA on November 23rd, 2010 at 1:20 pm

OMG!!! AMAZING!!! Can we get a more complete picture of the adult pool? THANKS! Please continue to share all your great pictures!!! :)

Sherry from NY on November 23rd, 2010 at 2:10 pm

More, more, more!!!

Alecia from LA on November 23rd, 2010 at 3:01 pm

That chandelier is gorgeous. Keep the pictures and videos coming!

Claire from ON on November 23rd, 2010 at 3:55 pm

That is beautiful! Keep the photos coming, especially the teen club ones. She is gorgeous, can’t wait for May to come. :)

Wendy from PA on November 23rd, 2010 at 4:18 pm

The ship is just breath taking. Can’t get enough of the pictures keep them coming!! Can’t wait till May 19th 2011.

Lesa on November 23rd, 2010 at 6:07 pm

WOW—– Can hardly wait until 2-27-11!!

KAYLENE from MN on November 23rd, 2010 at 6:54 pm

When will her christening be?? Would love to be there!!

Darlene from GA on November 23rd, 2010 at 7:04 pm

Beautiful! I would like to see some shots of the teen club, restaurants and the theaters.

Mike on November 23rd, 2010 at 7:08 pm

How about some PICTURES of the CONCIERGE SUITES?? Would love to see where we’ll be staying! Thanks

Robin from MO on November 23rd, 2010 at 7:19 pm

Been on the Disney Magic before, can’t wait to go on this one with my daughter and husband! :D

Beverly from ME on November 23rd, 2010 at 7:27 pm

It looks so wonderful and I can’t wait to hopefully book a cruise as I have been on a Disney cruise before and it was wonderful

Vicki from TN on November 23rd, 2010 at 7:27 pm

Beautiful! I look forward to seeing everything finished when I board Feb 27, 2011!
There are, however, a few corners on the pools that look a bit pointy – woudn’t want to run up against those!

Veronica from FL on November 23rd, 2010 at 7:36 pm

I would to see the shops!

Christine from WI on November 23rd, 2010 at 7:40 pm

Everything looks so awesome! I have been having Dream dreams so now I have some imagery to fill in the blanks lol! I still have a year to go til I sail but my fellow Disboarders and I are counting down the days!

Marco from NY on November 23rd, 2010 at 7:53 pm

Looking forward to seeing this beautiful ship on May 8th.This will be our daughters first cruise.

Cathy from CA on November 23rd, 2010 at 8:14 pm

Wonderful pictures! Keep them coming! 64 days and counting, I can’t wait!!!!!!

Dusten from IL on November 23rd, 2010 at 10:19 pm

Can’s wait to board this ship for the first time in February for the WDW Radio cruise. I would like to see a couple pics of the adult club that changes the view of city on LCD screens.

Nobody does it like Disney and I mean nobody!

Mary on November 23rd, 2010 at 10:49 pm

Mary from Santa Barbara, CA

The only thing I have to say is Beautiful and Amazing!!!!!

Bonnie from CA on November 24th, 2010 at 12:29 am

Lovely ship, very elegantly appointed. I’d love to sail on the Dream but I won’t be flying anywhere anytime soon.

trevor from KZN on November 24th, 2010 at 1:19 am

The new Dream looks great, can imagine how much better once completed. Cannot wait to see final results of the interior finishes. Happy sailing to all who board her.

Michael on November 24th, 2010 at 3:47 am

Hi great photos. Looking forward to seeing more, we are booked to sail on the Dream May 2011. Keep up the good work!!

Manuel on November 24th, 2010 at 8:10 am

This and all reviews are really great and it’s a BIG WOW on the decoratioms details like the chandelier, please keep it coming it only builds our dream to go on The Dream.

Kathryn A from FL on November 24th, 2010 at 8:11 am

My sister and I are booked for early March and are very excited. Chandelier looks beautiful. We are disappointed that you do not have single bed options for unmarried, nongay, just friends and sisters who do not like sleeping together. That is a DOWNER!.

John from WI on November 24th, 2010 at 8:16 am

Absolutely stunning!!! I can’t wait for our cruise.

Thank you so much for the updates. Keep the information coming!!

Paul from AL on November 24th, 2010 at 10:14 am

How about some pictures with the sun shining. lol And I’m sure those stateroom photos are from Deck 7. Seriously, we can’t wait for Feb 27 and meeting all our Deck 7 neighbors. I will spend 4 days walking around speechless with my mouth hanging open (except when I’m eating, of course).

Taylor from IL on November 24th, 2010 at 1:36 pm

The Disney fleet blows Carnival and Royal Caribbean out of the water. Their ships may be larger but Disney has retained such an elegant but fun design. I would gladly give up a chance to sail on the largest ship Allure of the Seas just to spend some time on the Disney Magic (one of the smaller large liners).

Disney Dream… we meet in like 85 days!

Anthony from NY on November 24th, 2010 at 9:45 pm

We can’t wait for September; we will be on the Member Cruise. She looks like a “DREAM”…. beautiful

Crystal from NC on November 25th, 2010 at 11:21 am

FANTABULOUS! Can’t wait for March 3! Would love to see pics of the 1-bedroom concierge suites, including the bathroom. Thanks for keeping us posted!

James from FL on November 25th, 2010 at 11:58 am

I cannot wait for our cruise next November!!!

Kevin from CO on November 25th, 2010 at 11:08 pm

My daughter & I have been looking forward to the 1st sailing of the Dream for years now. Disney never disappoints. This will be the family cruise of lifetime. The “Dream” begins for this family on 01/26/11.

Debi from OK on November 26th, 2010 at 10:11 pm

This just makes me all the more excited to see the Fantasy!

Matthew from BC on November 28th, 2010 at 3:17 pm

What is that last photo of? A change room / shower room? Only Disney would actually theme something like that :P

rayna on November 28th, 2010 at 3:44 pm

im so excited to go on this thing! i look at pictures every day! wish i could be on it right now!!!!!

Courtney on November 29th, 2010 at 12:48 pm

We are booked for Halloween of next year! I cannot wait to see this beauty in person. Until then, I LOVE looking at these “sneak peak” pics.

Colin on November 29th, 2010 at 3:06 pm

We just returned from a fantabulous Thanksgiving vacation on “The Wonder” If “The Dream” dares to exceed what we have just experienced…Well, then, our poor hearts may not be able to take it. However, it seems more than worth the risk! :-)

Brigida on December 1st, 2010 at 5:30 pm

OH My GOSH!!!! I’am Totally Speechless, This is Breathtaking!!! Cannot Wait to be On It, and Be Treated As Royalty as This is Disney’s Only Way to Treat Their Guest’s.Only Disney can think of All these Magical Way’s to Dress up their Ship’s, and the Service is Unimaginable, Amazing, Just Priceless…My Daughter and I have Sailed on the Disney Cruise Several Times, We Have Sailed 6 Times abd Cannot wait to ail the Dream!!! We Are So Excited..We Are Disney Vacation Club Members and are So Happy We Joined, We Have Taken So Many Vacations and are Planning on going to Aulani Next Year Dec 2011, Can’t Wait…Happy, Happy and Magical…Thank You Walt Disney for all the Magic you have Brought Us.