Halloween at the Walt Disney World Resort

Pooh Attraction, Shop Reopen at Walt Disney World

posted on November 15th, 2010 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

If you’re visiting Magic Kingdom Park this week, you’ll be the first to see a series of new enhancements to The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. The changes begin with a re-designed load area and a re-imagined gift shop called Hundred Acre Goods specializing in apparel, toys, plush characters and collectibles featuring Pooh and his friends.

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

Also this week, the attraction entrance will be temporarily relocated to the FASTPASS return lane while enhancements continue on several interactive elements being added to the queue. And beginning Thanksgiving week, young guests will start their adventure through the Hundred Acre Wood by jumping with Tigger, crawling through Eeyore’s house and playing in Rabbit’s garden before they board the attraction. And there’s more to come, with new elements debuting throughout the next month.

These enhancements will have a temporary impact on FASTPASS distribution which will not be available until the enhanced queue opens. Soon, we’ll resume FASTPASS distribution for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh at Mickey’s PhilharMagic where it will remain during Fantasyland’s expansion.

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Jennifer on November 15th, 2010 at 5:35 pm

My only request is for handicapped access. My husband had to push my wheelchair through the entire queue, including a pretty steep ramp, to get onto the ride. Most of the other rides like this (Peter Pan, Snow White) have handicapped access.

Rozi on November 15th, 2010 at 5:36 pm

I sequeled with delight when I saw this! :)

Maday on November 15th, 2010 at 5:40 pm

Hi! :)

I can’t wait to see the enhancements done to the ride, now are there any attractions closed due to the renovations going on in Fantasyland? we are going to be there next Tuesday for my birthday.

Maday B.

Randi on November 15th, 2010 at 5:46 pm

We are heading down from Jacksonville FL on Saturday and can’t wait to see the changes! I know my little ones will love it all!

Tracy from IL on November 15th, 2010 at 5:51 pm

Is the loading area any different? My b/f uses a power wheelchair and it was hard to load.

JJ on November 15th, 2010 at 6:19 pm

This really excites me! This is a step closer to an amazing Fantaslyand! The additions and refurbs are really bringing out the theme in Fland! Very glad that this losens up the tightness that Fland has been b/c of all the refurbs(Mad Tea Party,Pooh, it’s a small world, and the expansion itself)

Evan from NJ on November 15th, 2010 at 6:58 pm

Great idea! Even as a grown-up the 45 minute wait for Winnie the Pooh was a little tiresome…for the 3-to-9 set, it was grueling. Adding some whimsy to the loading area will make the wait time seem shorter, and keep kids (and me!) in a good mood.

Diana from NY on November 15th, 2010 at 7:10 pm

LOVE this concept art, and really get excited for the Fantasyland Expansion (wish there were more attractions coming, but beggars can’t be choosers)! I’m not sure how I feel about the interactive elements being added to queues. First Haunted Mansion, now Pooh. I know this is the trend, but when I was growing up in the early 90s, the fun in the queues was in talking to my family about what we were going to do next, or in looking for the details that make queues in WDW more magical. I’m looking forward to experiencing the Haunted Mansion queue in August.

Joseph from FL on November 15th, 2010 at 7:16 pm

Can’t wait to see the final product.

Aaron on November 15th, 2010 at 7:17 pm

I was wondering when Darby and the gang would be incorporated into the Pooh attraction. Does this mean that they have been? Also, does this mean the Crystal Palace meal has new characters (nudge, nudge)?

Thank you, can’t wait to see it next month.

Melanie on November 15th, 2010 at 7:22 pm

you should make it more like the tokyo disney version as long as your at it, what an innovative ride!! No track, crazy honeypots!

Melissa on November 15th, 2010 at 7:25 pm

We’ll be there in 14 days! I know the new “distrations” in the queues will be welcomed for our family! Having a 4 year old, he can only endure so much “waiting”. I think our 8 month old will enjoy this as well :-) Thanks to all the Disney magic makers for your continued dedication on making Disney such a wonderful place to visit.

Alisha from UT on November 15th, 2010 at 8:00 pm

That sounds so fun! Wow, it’s weird to read about a FastPass line for Pooh. Our version of the ride in Disneyland rarely has more than a 10-minute wait! Actually, more like 5! And it’s really fun.

Renee on November 15th, 2010 at 8:01 pm

I can’t wait!! Tigger is the best Disney character EVER!! I will be there the first weekend in Dec!!

Matt on November 15th, 2010 at 8:10 pm

Bring back Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride.

charissa on November 15th, 2010 at 8:27 pm

My family and I were just there (came home on the 11th.)and I was sorry the ride was closed. We didn’t do it last year (our first trip) and I would have liked to be able to compare the two. Oh, bother, I’ll just settle for the updated version next time.

Alexander on November 15th, 2010 at 8:48 pm

They were working on this while we were there a few weeks ago. I am excited to see the final result

timothy from TN on November 16th, 2010 at 10:44 am

The reason Pooh is such a long wait at Disney World – there is only 3 dark rides in all of Fantasyland and none in Toontown next door. Disneyland in CA has 6 dark rides over double plus that does not even include Pooh. Pooh is over in Critter Country. While CA has only 2 parks – their 2 parks have almost as many rides as all 4 oarks in FL.

timothy from TN on November 16th, 2010 at 10:50 am

My count might have been off one in my previous post cuz I was not including Small World and I forgot about Alice in DL Here is a more accurate count between the two destinations.
Disney World Fantasyland darkrides – Small World, Peter Pan, Snow White, Pooh
Disneyland Fantasyland darkrides – Small World, Peter Pan, Snow White, Mr Toad, Picnocho, Matterhorn, Alice in Wonderland, and then Roger Rabbit is in Toontown & Pooh is in Critter Country.
Anyway you shake it Disneyland has so many more darkrides for the family it’s no wonder their Pooh does not need fastpass.

Marci on November 16th, 2010 at 12:20 pm

This looks great!! I can’t wait to see it!

Danielle on November 16th, 2010 at 4:34 pm

So….is the ride open? Or just the store? Confused! We will be there Saturday.

Mark on November 17th, 2010 at 2:38 pm

Thomas, thank you for the Fantasyland’s expansion updates. Is there a schedule for the Barnstormer at WDW closer yet?

Mark