Halloween at the Walt Disney World Resort

‘TRON: Legacy’ Light Cycle Arrives at ElecTRONica

posted on November 10th, 2010 by Robin Trowbridge, Entertainment Show Director, Disneyland Resort.

Something new has arrived at ElecTRONica in the form of … a Light Cycle.

Full-Scale Model of a Light Cycle from Disney’s Newest Film “TRON: Legacy”

That’s right! An amazing, full-scale model of a Light Cycle from Disney’s newest film “TRON: Legacy” will be featured inside the Grid of ElecTRONica starting Friday, November 12.

After making stops at San Diego’s Comic-Con and LA’s E3 Expo, the vehicle is here! As guests make their way to experience the “TRON: Legacy Exclusive 3D Sneak Peek,” the Light Cycle— an awesome replica of the bike that Sam Flynn rides in the movie— will be prominently on display. Take a picture or just take it in. Either way, this is very cool!

ElecTRONica runs Friday, Saturdays, Sundays and select holiday weeks only at Disney California Adventure park.

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Resort

Matthew from CA on November 10th, 2010 at 1:09 pm

Rad! Now, if there were some way to superimpose our faces into the lightcycle’s driver’s helmet, you’ve got a PhotoPass opportunity that nobody could pass up! I’m so happy that the new addition is the lightcycle and not more walls.

Jeff from CA on November 10th, 2010 at 1:31 pm

Wow!! That is very cool to hear. There was talk of it being at the Meet-up, but that didn’t happen so I’m looking forward to finally seeing Sam’s cycle on Friday when the grid opens.

Fred from CA on November 10th, 2010 at 2:14 pm

That’s so cool!

Ken from CA on November 10th, 2010 at 3:07 pm

How long is elecTRONica going to be running? I love the original TRON and can’t wait for the new movie to come out, but my next visit to Disneyland will most likely be in the summer.

Peter on November 10th, 2010 at 4:18 pm

While it is cool, I’m disappointed and was expecting something ‘bigger’ to be added.

Dan from CA on November 10th, 2010 at 4:24 pm

I’d also like to point out that this Light Cycle was at the D23 Convention in Anaheim, at the Anaheim Convention Center last year! It’s beautiful in person and I can’t wait to see it again! :-)

Amanda from CA on November 10th, 2010 at 9:38 pm

I saw it at Comic Con ! It was rad! Can’t wait to see it up close again! Thanks for bringing us the fun!

Alonso on November 10th, 2010 at 11:21 pm

Looks very nice! Looking forward to seeing it this Friday.

Thanks for the update!

Jacqueline Frances on November 11th, 2010 at 7:49 am

SO cool.

kevin on November 11th, 2010 at 8:33 am

Awesome! Can’t wait to see it. The whole elecTRONica thing has been really well done this year. Hopefully the area will retain some of that feel for a little bit after the movie premiere.

Tony on November 13th, 2010 at 2:41 pm

As an old school guy who was around at Disneyland when the original TRON came out (including the segment on the PeopleMover w/the Light Cycles & StarCade w/2 screens on the TRON video games) Nothing makes me wish I lived in So Cal more than knowing all this is going on for the sequel that I’ve waited nearly 30 years for. Enjoy the ride, folks…This is gonna be HUGE!!!

Jeremy on November 14th, 2010 at 3:49 pm

I saw the lightcycle at E3 – its really cool to see it up close!

Joe on November 18th, 2010 at 9:28 pm

Really like the one-ness the rider has with the vehicle. Takes the concept from the original TRON
and hits it out of the park!

Janise on November 20th, 2010 at 9:47 pm

I went last night and the lightcycle is so amazing.