Disneyland Park, Haunted Mansion Portrait Gallery

Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Celebrate a Decade of Delivering Top-Notch Service

posted on November 15th, 2010 by Michelle Baumann, Walt Disney World Public Relations

The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge

Ten years ago today, The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge welcomed its first guests. The resort continues to be popular with Disney Vacation Club members because of its great guest service and its comfortable, rustic theme. I personally think it is a special place because it captures a homespun ambiance and sense of adventure of the great American Northwest National Park lodges at the turn of the century. The 114 two-bedroom villas connect to Disney’s Wilderness Lodge. Is this one of your favorites? Please let us know in comments.

Filed: Disney Vacation Club, Hotels & Resorts, Walt Disney World Resort

Krista from WI on November 15th, 2010 at 9:41 am

Congrats Wilderness Lodge Villas! We just stayed there in September and it was just as fantastic as our first experience there. We love this resort with its laid back out-of-the-hustle-and-bustle feel.

Tracy on November 15th, 2010 at 9:44 am

This is our home resort, and we absolutely love it. Since we generally visit in early December, we get the added bonus of experiencing the awesome Christmas decorations at Wilderness Lodge. Magical! Can’t wait to return in a few weeks.

Mary Kathryn on November 15th, 2010 at 9:56 am

After our third stay at the WDW WL (concierge level) we make the decision to become WDW DVC Members. Although it is not our home resort, it is still our favorite. This time of the year the warmth and “at home” feeling is perfect. The lobby at the holidays is magnificent and the rockers beside the roaring fireplace are amazing. OH- and don’t forget to ask for KETCHUP!!!! when you dine at the “Whispering Canyon”. Wilderness Lodge… top notch. The kids (and parents!) love it. Easy ferry access to the MK is a total bonus too!! : )

William on November 15th, 2010 at 9:59 am

Wow! 10 years already? The Wilderness Lodge is one of our favorite Resorts to stay at or visit whenever we are down at WDW. Congrats on 10 years and many more to come!

Rory from FL on November 15th, 2010 at 10:56 am

My home away from home!!!!

Abbie on November 15th, 2010 at 11:52 am

I was a Cast Member at the Wilderness Lodge over the summer and the Villas were absolutely beautiful. I loved working here!

Ed from AL on November 15th, 2010 at 12:04 pm

I wish there were more rooms; my wait list never comes through. We love our home at Animal Kingdom Villas, though!

Hollis from MD on November 15th, 2010 at 12:09 pm

Happy anniversary, VWL! I’ll be seeing you in 21 days!

VWL is one of my DVC home resorts! It’s my favorite!

Elizabeth from VA on November 15th, 2010 at 12:34 pm

I SO want to stay at the Wilderness Lodge. The lobby’s amazing, and I think the bunk beds look cute for the kids. As for the villas, can anyone chime up about the distance from the parks/amenities? Seems like the only drawback.

Heidi from IL on November 15th, 2010 at 1:37 pm

We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge for our honeymoon in 1996. Now that we are DVC members, we will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge Villas for our 15th anniversary in April. Even though it is not our home resort, we stay there whenever we can. For us Wilderness Lodge Villas is the #1 DVC resort, with Animal Kingdom Lodge a close 2nd.

Tracy on November 15th, 2010 at 1:43 pm

Elizabeth… the Villas are right next to the Lodge, so there really isn’t a drawback. ;)

Patrick on November 15th, 2010 at 2:18 pm

Elizabeth, if you’re inquiring about the entire Wilderness Lodge(and Villas) complex, they have a good bus service that runs constantly to the various parks, as well as a boat that goes directly to the Magic Kingdom (though there is a stop at Ft Wilderness which is close to the Wilderness Lodge resort). As for amenities, they have pretty much all you need at the resort: bike rental shop; boat/fishing rental; walking trail (connecting you to Ft Wilderness); pool & jacuzzi ares; counter service eatery for snacks, sandwiches, salads, and soda; Whispering Canyon Cafe, a family-oriented restaurant; Artist Point, a superb signature dining establishment; bars; gift shop (also has groceries); arcade; Cub’s Den kids club; and lots more. I’m a DVC owner at VWL, and I love the ambience, the theming, and the relative quiet there as compared to other resorts–which is great after all day in noisy parks. I’ll be there in just over two weeks for my first Christmas-time trip. :-)

William from TX on November 15th, 2010 at 3:16 pm

We stayed at Wilderness Lodge the third week it was open and fell in love with it. We considered joining DVC for awhile, but when the Villas were announced that cinched it! It is our Disney Home.

Craig from OH on November 15th, 2010 at 3:21 pm

This is my parent’s favorite resort! They just recently started staying in the Villas since I joined DVC. Before that the hotel was #1 in their books. A particular favorite for them are the tabletop games and rocking chairs indoors, but the biggest draw is all the great areas for them to go running in around the WL/VWL/FW area. My wife & I really love the Whispering Canyon Cafe, and that is a stop we make every trip to the World no matter where we are staying. I particularly like the carpets and hidden Mickey ironwork in the hallways… For all these reasons I HAD to add on here!

Aaron on November 15th, 2010 at 7:26 pm

This was our first in-park resort to stay at. Such a great value – it’s a deluxe resort, in the MK, at almost-Moderate price levels. Really is a great resort too – with the water launch, huge fire place, and artists pointe, there’s no shortage of things to do!

Happy birthday Wilderness Lodge – wishing you many more!

Sharon from FL on November 16th, 2010 at 10:01 am

We were just there this weekend. Love it! The studio villa rooms are a little more spacious than some of the other DVC studios. Kids love the quiet pool with the water geyers. Very nice and quiet resort. One of our favorites!