Disneyland Park, Haunted Mansion Ghost at Piano Scene

Walt Disney: One Man’s Dream Reopens With New Magic, Fond Memories at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

posted on November 5th, 2010 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

Before we jump into the weekend, great news to share. We’ve reopened our one-of-a-kind showcase of the history of Walt Disney and The Walt Disney CompanyWalt Disney: One Man’s Dream. The gallery at Disney’s Hollywood Studios retains its original focus, but has a new look and feel. The corridors feature an elegant color palette that brings new focus to beloved favorites, and helps to highlight some new additions.

Audio-Animatronics Abraham Lincoln Figure

A favorite of the project team Imagineers is the brand new look at a historic “WED Imagineering Workshop,” featuring sections of the original model for “it’s a small world”at Disneyland Park, and the actual Audio-Animatronics Abraham Lincoln figure that made its debut in the 1964/1965 New York World’s Fair. Regular guests will spot historic costumes, props and models that are new to the show, along with a glimpse of exciting new projects and a sneak peek into future adventures.

A new area entitled “The Legacy Continues” will focus on The Walt Disney Company highlights from the 1970s through today, and will debut next month. The heartwarming film tribute One Man’s Dream, hosted by Julie Andrews, remains as our finale.

Do you have fond memories of this experience? Share them with us us at our Let the Memories Begin website.

Filed: Disney History, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Walt Disney World Resort

Kevin on November 5th, 2010 at 6:37 pm

Sweet! It was a dissapointment that One Man’s Dream was in Rehab when I came down in September. Pretty excited to see to the new updates at the end of the month.

Steven from PA on November 5th, 2010 at 6:52 pm

Memories? Yes, I remember the exhibit … saw it in 2000 … it was humbling, and very interesting to see / learn the history. It was a pleasure … expecially since this exhibit is not offered at WDW (our normal dose of Disney). We will be returning to DL in 2011.

David on November 5th, 2010 at 6:58 pm

I don’t know why, but when I saw Walt’s actual office in the exhibit, I just got chills! That was were all the magic began!

Travis from NH on November 5th, 2010 at 7:05 pm

I absolutely love One Man’s Dream! It’s a great attraction for anyone who wants to learn a bit more about Walt’s life and the legacy he left behind. The film is really great too – make sure you don’t miss it! The updates such as the new carpet, the darker colors, and the new items added made the walk through even more enjoyable.

I can’t wait for the new “Legacy Continues” exhibit. Is this going to be an entirely new area/expansion of One Man’s Dream or just more items added to the very end (right before the theater)? I really hope it features more artwork and models regarding future attractions and expansions, such as the New Fantasyland.

Katie on November 5th, 2010 at 7:20 pm

This is like C3PO meets Abe Lincoln…LOL…nice!

Thanks for sharing!

Diana from NY on November 5th, 2010 at 10:40 pm

I am so glad this attraction has received some attention…it is a magical “must-do” for my family, and we’ve spent so much time getting lost in the exhibits and history. Can’t wait to see it on my next trip in August!

Christopher from VT on November 5th, 2010 at 10:41 pm

So happy this is reopening, me and my wife loved it when we first went through it. Both wished there was a bit more and it looks like Disney has done it again and added it!

Elizabeth from WA on November 5th, 2010 at 10:51 pm

Can’t wait to see it. One Man’s Dream was one of my very favorite attractions at WDW.

Thomas from CA on November 5th, 2010 at 11:32 pm

I remember seeing Mr. Lincoln at the 1964 World’s Fair in New York, as well as the General Electric ProgressLand (by Disney), which later was moved to Disneyland and renamed the Carousel of Progress. Pretty impressive audio-animatronics to a 9-year old back then. Good times!

suzanne on November 6th, 2010 at 6:27 am

sweet will be there next week.

Patricia on November 6th, 2010 at 10:56 am

Glad to see this exhibit is back. It is a wonderful reminder of what Walt wanted for all of us and a great escape from the hustle and bustle of the crowds in the rest of the attractions. I can’t wait to see the changes.

David from TN on November 6th, 2010 at 3:03 pm

So excited to see the update on my next visit to the Studios! Hopefully updates will become a little more regular in future.

Friend on November 6th, 2010 at 5:59 pm

It was Great to learn the history behind Lincoln’s hands and Walt’s selection of WED’s Model Shopper “Big Jack” Ferges, to fill the mold. I tried them on and the hands and fingers were huge.