Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Happy Holidays from Disneyland Resort Paris

A Winter Wonderland on the Disney Dream

posted on December 16th, 2010 by Kent Phillips, Photographer, Walt Disney World

Toto, I have a feeling we’re not in Florida any more…

A Winter Wonderland on the Disney Dream

So how cold IS it in Bremerhaven, Germany? Pretty darn cold as it turns out. I woke up aboard the Disney Dream recently to the strange sight of crew members clearing snow off the deck of a Disney Cruise Line ship.

A Winter Wonderland on the Disney Dream

Now you may not believe this, but I don’t get a chance to play in the snow very often in Orlando, Florida, so I wasn’t about to pass up this opportunity. I rolled, patted and smoothed my frozen masterpiece, but when I got the snowball head put on I couldn’t help feeling something was missing.

Ears, anyone?

A Winter Wonderland on the Disney Dream

Filed: Disney Cruise Line

Dana from NJ on December 16th, 2010 at 10:55 am

Pretty!

Kelly on December 16th, 2010 at 11:04 am

That is a fantastic snowman!!! Crazy seeing snow on the ship!

Allen on December 16th, 2010 at 11:06 am

That is probably the ONLY time that ship will ever see snow!

Brian from IL on December 16th, 2010 at 11:19 am

Until it goes to Alaska!!!!

Jonathan from FL on December 16th, 2010 at 11:21 am

“I woke up aboard the Disney Dream recently to the strange sight of crew members clearing snow off the deck of a Disney Cruise Line ship.”

Best. Job. EVAR. Thanks for the photos!

Lee on December 16th, 2010 at 11:37 am

If Disney can make it snow at Disneyland, why not make it snow on a Disney Cruise Ship in the Bahamas? Come on, Disney would be the only one doing it!

Bob on December 16th, 2010 at 11:44 am

Great photos, thanks for sharing! :-) And what a wonderfully magical snowman. °O°

NCDisneyDad Bob

Lauren from NC on December 16th, 2010 at 1:38 pm

One time on the disney ship, they made snow for the teenagers to have a snowball fight on the back of the ship. It was pretty awesome.

Emily from IN on December 16th, 2010 at 3:58 pm

Neat

John on December 16th, 2010 at 4:57 pm

So pretty! It’s a pretty rare thing, seeing a Mickey snowman!

Jennifer on December 16th, 2010 at 5:56 pm

The snowman is awesome! Kent you are wonderful.

Tony from CA on December 16th, 2010 at 6:04 pm

I think it’s cool that they are sailing the ship to FL while they still work on interior. How cool to be able to be on the ship before any one else on the seas.

Gracie on December 16th, 2010 at 11:16 pm

THAT’S MY DAD! ^.^ I LOVE HIM SO MUCH AND I AM SO PROUD OF HIM!

Wolfgang from Rheinland-Pfalz on December 17th, 2010 at 9:09 am

I am from Germany, and I must say, I have a feeling I´m not in Germany anymore – because I had gotten used to winters without any snow at all. In fact, I cannot recall a December as cold as this one. Where is global warming when it´s needed?

Carole from FL on December 17th, 2010 at 4:04 pm

Dear Mr. Phillips,

Have to tell you it is a pleasure to be able to view your pictures and the one of the MICKEY SNOWMAN…………………PERFECT! I copied that picture and put to CD as I have been saving any picture of the DREAM I can find so as to give this to our Grandaughter at Xmas to view what she will be in in April 2011.

BUT…………………..Poor DREAM all spaking new, sparkle, shine and….shivering in Bremerhaven, Germay. She will be pleased to see palm trees in January and forever Goodby to snow!

Great pictures Sir……love them….MORE PLEASE!
Grandma Carole in Port St. Lucie, Florida

Kathi from CA on December 21st, 2010 at 6:23 pm

I’ve been tracking the cruise since the ship departed Bremerhaven on Sunday via a web-based marine traffic tracker. However, today the ship seems to be out of range of AIS stations. The last information has the Disney Dream in Biscay Bay just out of the Celtic Sea but the information is over 13 hours old. Anyone know where it is now?