Disneyland Park, Haunted Mansion

New Images: Disney’s Art of Animation Resort

posted on December 16th, 2010 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

If our first peek at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort left you wanting more – take a look at what we’re sharing today. Our newest artist renderings give a better idea of the themes you’ll be able to see when the resort opens in 2012.

Artist Rendering of 'The Lion King' Area at Disney's Art of Animation Resort

Recognize those characters from The Lion King? The three other themed areas at the resort will be Cars, Finding Nemo and The Little Mermaid.

Artist Rendering of the 'Cars' Area at Disney's Art of Animation Resort

Artist Rendering of 'The Little Mermaid' Area at Disney's Art of Animation Resort

Artist Rendering of the 'Finding Nemo' Area at Disney's Art of Animation Resort

Expect to see some amazing sights inside the resort as well. It’ll have themed room interiors in the nearly 2,000 new units — 1,120 family suites in The Lion King, Cars and Finding Nemo wings and 864 themed rooms in The Little Mermaid wings. And once open in 2012, the resort will create 750 permanent jobs.

Booking dates haven’t been announced yet but check back here for updates and more images in the future.

Tagged:

Filed: Hotels & Resorts, Walt Disney World Resort

Evan on December 16th, 2010 at 12:06 pm

Really nice, but why doesn’t DIsney build E-Tickets anymore!?

Armando from TX on December 16th, 2010 at 12:07 pm

Awsome, cant wait. Finally a resort with Disney animation for Kids and adults that love Disney Films

Dru from FL on December 16th, 2010 at 12:10 pm

Look Beautiful, can’t wait! Just added to the must visit list!!

Emily on December 16th, 2010 at 12:13 pm

Well, the Lion King part looks kind of cool, but can’t we come up with a new formula for a value resort? They’re all just the same 3 or 4 story building with huge…things everywhere.

Emily on December 16th, 2010 at 12:18 pm

thankful that this new hotel is going to be a value resort, and more affordable for younger families like us. Our children will love seeing the characters at the hotel, and what a bonus, to include the theming in the rooms too!

Philip on December 16th, 2010 at 12:20 pm

Disney still builds E-Ticket attractions, Evan.

For example: Expedition Everest, which opened in 2006.

Jeremy on December 16th, 2010 at 12:20 pm

Can’t wait! As a family of six, Disney has been a challenge for us. Who stays where… Now room for us all!! Way to go Disney! Thanks for thinking of the larger, non typical, families!!

Juliann on December 16th, 2010 at 12:22 pm

I’m thrilled about this as another family of six and hopefully it will be open in time to use it for our hotel block for our Disney wedding!!!!

Corinne from ON on December 16th, 2010 at 12:23 pm

It would be cute if Cozy Cone Motel could be made into suites as well!

JEANY on December 16th, 2010 at 12:24 pm

it’s awesome image of the art of animation resort! I can’t wait to see it on 2012!

Angie from AZ on December 16th, 2010 at 12:29 pm

It looks amazing, there is so much room for onsite property hotels, wdw is lucky enough to have these, I wish DL was able to have more themed properties to choose from.

Brent on December 16th, 2010 at 12:52 pm

Is this an all-new resort being built or is this just the (extremely) late completion of the old resort that was being built but was abandoned years ago.

Alexis on December 16th, 2010 at 1:05 pm

We usually stay moderate but I would love to try out a family suite (even though we’re a family of 3). Looks so fun! We hope to stay the first week they open if possible!

Natalee from ON on December 16th, 2010 at 1:27 pm

This is where I want to stay when we take our daughter for her 5th birthday in 2014. I am disappointed however that not all the themed buildings will have family rooms. Looking to stay in Mermaid and the extra room would have been nice (we will have her older brother with us). We stayed at All Star Movies this past October in the Toy Story Building for his 5th birthday.

Rhonda from OH on December 16th, 2010 at 1:45 pm

I am so excited. I can’t wait. We hope to be back at Disney in 2012 for a visit and this is the place we are hoping to stay!

William on December 16th, 2010 at 1:45 pm

I like the whole concept. I have a good feeling that this will quickly become a cherished family destination within the Walt Disney World resort. I know of a few family’s who can’t wait to reserve a themed family suite. Might just try it myself for a few days, Radiator Springs looks mighty inviting!

Craig from OH on December 16th, 2010 at 3:49 pm

I love the Lion King and Cars images! They look very movie-environment immersive and I like that better than many deluxe resorts. I hope DVC gets a highly Disney themed location like that someday. :)

Ralph on December 16th, 2010 at 8:26 pm

Did Disney ever finish the Pop Century Resort? Why would they start building yet another resort with one being incomplete for so long?

Justin on December 16th, 2010 at 10:54 pm

I’d love to see a rendering of the inside of the family suite! We’re looking forward to 2012 now, when we take our annual November trip!

Ana from TX on December 17th, 2010 at 10:52 am

I like it! Very cute! Will def have to stay there once it opens. Now if you could please also update DHS and add more stuff to AK, I would be 100% happy.

Stephanie from OH on December 18th, 2010 at 10:44 am

I thought this resort was being built in the area that was intended to be the rest of Pop Century Resort. Is that true? Also I was wondering what the rates would be. It would have been nice if all the sections had the option of family suites or regular rooms. I am excited to see this resort! I know a little guy who would really love the Cars section! I wonder if they will add a Cars area to the theme parks like Disney Land.

Kristi on December 19th, 2010 at 2:39 pm

This looks like a great concept, it should be exremely popular! Hope to stay there someday , great work Disney!

Neula on December 19th, 2010 at 3:45 pm

Looks awesome! I just hope the family suites are affordable. When I checked for next year it was about the same price for our family of 5 to stay at the Port Orleans Riverside as it was to stay at the All Star Music suites. Doesn’t make sense for us – especially if you can get the free dining plan with the moderate resort.

Paul on December 21st, 2010 at 3:27 pm

Looks like Pixar Paradise. I like Pixar, but why no classic Disney?

David on December 21st, 2010 at 9:08 pm

@Paul: Lion King and Little Mermaid are both classic Disney. Cars and Nemo are Pixar.

I would have rather seen an Aladdin or Monsters Inc theme instead of having two underwater themes. That seems a bit redundant.

Stephanie from CA on December 23rd, 2010 at 12:50 am

One of these days I will get my family over there to Florida to see Disneyworld. Lived in California my whole life and been going to DL since I was tiny. I kind of wish we had the room over here for “value” resorts”. All three Disney hotels aren’t so doable for us, but the off site hotels are nice, but of course not “Disney themed”.

Esther on December 26th, 2010 at 5:00 pm

For those that asked if this is being built in the area of POP Century, yes it is. The resort was originally to be called Legendary Years, will now be the Art of Animation.

Lisa from CT on December 27th, 2010 at 11:15 am