Innovations at Disneyland Resort

Remy Realized Aboard the Disney Dream

posted on December 3rd, 2010 by Jason Lasecki, Public Relations Director, Disney Cruise Line, Adventures By Disney, Disney Vacation Club

Earlier this week we gave you a sneak peek at a few of the fun spaces taking shape for children aboard the Disney Dream, which begins sailing out of Florida’s Port Canaveral in early 2011. Today we’ve got something just for grownups.

At the aft end of Deck 12, craftsmen are putting the finishing touches on Remy, an intimate restaurant exclusively for adults that will serve French-inspired gourmet cuisine created by a pair of acclaimed chefs. It’s the first-ever premier dining option for Disney Cruise Line guests and it’s going to be a stunner.

The restaurant shares its name with the tiny star of the Academy Award-winning Disney•Pixar film “Ratatouille,” who makes several subtle appearances throughout the décor.

An Imagineer Inspects the Remy Sculpture on the Disney Dream

The main dining room will seat 80 and was designed in Art Nouveau style with a palate of soft greens, deep reds and rich gold. The adjacent Chef’s Table dining room, seen below, seats 16 and features a bold look inspired by Gusteau’s, the film’s fictional restaurant in Paris.

The Chef's Table Dining Room Aboard the Disney Dream

Today’s video shows the transformation that’s been taking place over the past several weeks to realize both beautiful spaces. You’ll also get a preview of how they’ll look when Disney Cruise Line guests arrive for the ship’s maiden voyage on January 26.

Have I whet your appetite yet? Here’s a preview of some of the gourmet cuisine developed for Remy by Chef Arnaud Lallement from l’Assiette Champenoise, a Michelin two-star restaurant outside Reims, France, and Chef Scott Hunnel from the AAA Five Diamond Award-winning Victoria & Albert’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.

Construction on the Chef's Dining Table Dining Room at Remy Aboard the Disney Dream Remy Aboard the Disney Dream Remy Aboard the Disney Dream Chef's Table Dining Room at Remy Aboard the Disney Dream
Remy's Roasted Muscovy Duck with Rhubarb Remy's Smoked Bison Aboard the Disney Dream Remy's Citrus Turbot Aboard the Disney Dream Remy Main Dining Room Aboard the Disney Dream

That’s roasted Muscovy duck with rhubarb, smoked bison with fennel and oranges, and citrus turbot, plus computer-generated renderings of the Chef’s Table dining room (top) and main dining room (bottom).

Reservations are required for Remy and can be made online at disneycruise.com or on board the ship. When dining at Remy, guests will skip the regularly scheduled main dining restaurant.

I know we promised you a look at the ship’s three main restaurants and we haven’t forgotten. Come back next week for a sneak peek at Enchanted Garden, Animator’s Palate and Royal Palace, which will host all guests aboard the Disney Dream.

Bon appétit!

Filed: Disney Cruise Line

Chris from CA on December 3rd, 2010 at 12:25 pm

All in my dreams too!!

Rob from WA on December 3rd, 2010 at 12:46 pm

Breathtaking! My fiancée and I desperately want to eat there, but we’re going to take a risk and not book a reservation until we’re on the boat, since we don’t know that the rotational dining schedule will be and we don’t want to miss out on the Enchanted Garden or the Animator’s Palate. I hope the gamble pays off!

Adam from FL on December 3rd, 2010 at 3:37 pm

Does anyone know what date the Disney Dream will arrive at Port Canaveral? Can’t wait to see this ship in person!

dan on December 3rd, 2010 at 3:39 pm

How odd that Disney would spend so much money on an adults-only restaurant, while they lose millions closing down adult-friendly Pleasure Island and letting the Adventurers Club and the nightclubs sit and rot for over 2 years now…

Rachal on December 3rd, 2010 at 4:09 pm

Tough choice!!!! We absolutely loved Palo’s on our last cruise. Don’t know if I can convince hubby to upgrade for the extra $60/pp to Remy’s. Besides, we don’t want to miss out on any of the other restaurant experiences on-board. We have plenty of time to mull it over …. 365 days till our cruise :-)

Chad from NS on December 3rd, 2010 at 4:20 pm

We were really excited to dine here when the establishment was announced. When the up-charge was announced, we quickly changed our minds. For the price you pay for your regular meal plus the up-charge, you are looking at over $100/person. When they are asking over double what their competitors ask for their “premier” dining locations, you start to wonder if the value is really there. Disney has asked a bit too much from these two ultimate Disney fans.

Deborah from NC on December 3rd, 2010 at 5:20 pm

We set sail on August 12 and while it is tempting I think we will stick with the “REGULAR” options on our first cruse on the DREAM and wait to do PREMIRE dining once we have a change to see all the other resturants on board! Can’t hardly wait till August!!

walter on December 3rd, 2010 at 5:45 pm

Fix menu with no choices, Jacket required and a $60 up charge on top of the wine.
Sorry that’s one to many strikes for me. I’ll stick with Palo.

Michael from GA on December 3rd, 2010 at 6:07 pm

$75 per person is a lot, but this is multi-star Michelin level food. Remy’s is attempting to be the “Victoria and Albert’s” of the sea and V&A costs $125 per person. My problem is getting reservations! I’m only a silver level Castaway member and could only book a reservation 90 days out for my Feb Disney Dream cruise – no luck for me yet – but I’ll keep trying. Remy’s is looking fantastic!

Karen from VA on December 3rd, 2010 at 6:44 pm

We’re at the gold level and haven’t been able to book anything for the maiden voyage, assuming they’ve blocked it to make sure everything runs smoothly. Hubby and I have decided that we don’t want to miss any of the new restaurants anyway, so probably will forgo the upgrade, even though we love Palo.

Christine from WI on December 3rd, 2010 at 7:51 pm

We really want to try it but are weighing the $75.00/pp charge.

Annette from QLD on December 3rd, 2010 at 10:47 pm

WOW Rachal – looks like we will be on the same cruise – coming over from Australia to do the Dec 4 one

Robert from FL on December 5th, 2010 at 7:19 pm

$75/pp extra charge? Ridiculous gouging!!! Come’on Disney Cruise Line, you are better than this!

Mary on December 6th, 2010 at 7:18 pm

Cool! It’s like a Disney film-themed restaraunt for adults…

I wouldnt mind a few restaraunts at WDW taking on this kind of concept. ;)

Michelle on December 6th, 2010 at 8:06 pm

My husband and I were very disappointed that we couldn’t get in to Remy or Palo on the maiden voyage, but hearing that it is somewhere between $60 and $100 pp, I’m glad we didn’t. That is ridiculous. This was supposed to be the trip of a lifetime, but the closer we get, the more disappointed I am in DCL…

Kevin from CA on December 8th, 2010 at 12:51 pm

I’m booked, but will make my permanent decision when I see the rotational schedule and the final menu for Remy. $75 probably includes the wine pairing, but if it’s only 3 courses, I think I may have to take some time and really think…