Disney Parks Blog Celebrates the 15th Anniversary of Rock 'n' Roller Coaster at Disney's Hollywood Studios

First Look Video: Wild Africa Trek

posted on January 14th, 2011 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

Around here, we’re counting down the hours until our ultimate animal adventures begin at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. On Sunday, Wild Africa Trek explorers will be crossing rope bridges above crocodile-filled waters and venturing on VIP safaris across our open savanna. But before it all gets started, we have something special – a video sneak peek at what to expect during your journey.

Filed: Disney's Animal Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Kimberly from MA on January 14th, 2011 at 3:16 pm

Animal Kingdom is my favorite park. This is definitely on my To-Do list for my next visit!!!

Blanca on January 14th, 2011 at 3:22 pm

OMG It looks so wonderful. I am booking this trek for sure for my husband and I. We will be there in November and I can’t wait.

Deborah from PA on January 14th, 2011 at 3:26 pm

It’s all I can do to save for a trip to Disney. I can’t afford any of these wonderful extras. This trek looks great. Maybe someday . . .

Jamie from OH on January 14th, 2011 at 3:34 pm

Looks very cool… I’ve always had a special place in my heart for african animals since I was a kid. This hands on experience will definitely be a huge bonus. Any idea if this will be extended beyond April?

Kevin on January 14th, 2011 at 3:52 pm

Looks amazing!

A Tracy on January 14th, 2011 at 4:20 pm

Awesome!! Hope to get to go soon! You guys just keep out doing yourselves on new experiences!!

Michael on January 14th, 2011 at 4:27 pm

Any idea what it will cost? I went on the African tour that ended up at Jiko but it was pricey though worth it. this looks amazing.

Pamela on January 14th, 2011 at 4:34 pm

I see that the people in the video had binoculars.
Are those supplied or do you need to bring your own?

Sandra on January 14th, 2011 at 4:37 pm

Tempted, but if I can’t bring my camera, I’m going to skip it.

Rocco from NY on January 14th, 2011 at 5:04 pm

How many hours is this trek?

Jean from NY on January 14th, 2011 at 5:13 pm

i read introductory prices are $129.00 and it’s 3 hours

Rachael on January 14th, 2011 at 5:48 pm

Are there any age restrictions, such as 16 and over?

Rachael on January 14th, 2011 at 5:50 pm

Oops! Never mind. I just read for guests aged 8 and older.

Jean from MA on January 14th, 2011 at 5:51 pm

Animal Kingdom is my most favorite park….I plan to take the behind the scenes tour early in the morning….After getting a restful nights sleep at Animal Kingdom Lodge…..

Jackie on January 14th, 2011 at 9:59 pm

This looks terrific! We went on Backstage Safari last month and LOVED it! Just wish we were allowed to take pics…We will definitely go back someday and if this tour is available, we will be on it!

BARRON from AL on January 14th, 2011 at 10:12 pm

JUST BOOKED THIS 378DOLLORS

BARRON from AL on January 14th, 2011 at 10:15 pm

I just booked this for my wife and I, 378$ 3 hours and food and drinks. They said my Cannon slr may be to big so I will bring my small camera also.

Nancy on January 14th, 2011 at 10:55 pm

We are booked for Jan 26th; waiting to hear the first reviews to decide for sure; not sure we want to go if we can’t take photos; video looks really awesome tho’

Iche from FL on January 15th, 2011 at 12:31 am

Yes, the introductory price is $129. Yes, you can bring the camera as long as it can be attached to the safety vest. That’s what they told me and I don’t how it works. I am going to the tour on 1/17 so I will have more detail.

Janet on January 15th, 2011 at 8:24 am

I agree..looks great but no camera, no me

Brandy on January 15th, 2011 at 3:29 pm

Well I’m disappointed. This tour is only for a limited time and only runs thru April. I will be there in June so I will not be able to do this wonderful tour:(

Lauren on January 15th, 2011 at 4:15 pm

Can you please definitively answer this question–Are you allowed to bring a small digital camera or flip video camcorder with you on the Trek??? What about a larger DSLR type camera?? Thanks for your help.

Nora from GA on January 15th, 2011 at 9:10 pm

This looks like an amazing experience!

Tracy on January 15th, 2011 at 9:10 pm

As the coordinator of training for this experience, I can tell you for sure that YES, you can bring your own camera as long as you have a strap (wrist strap, neck strap) that can clip onto the straps on the provided vest. Each tour has a PhotoPass trained photographer as well.

Lauren on January 16th, 2011 at 3:12 pm

Tracy–Thanks so much for answering my question. So, just to clarify, as long as my larger DSLR style camera has a neck strap, I won’t have any problem bringing it with me on the Trek??? I just want to make sure that it’s okay to bring my larger camera and that I won’t prevented by anyone from taking it with me on the tour. Thanks again for your help.

charles from PA on January 16th, 2011 at 3:31 pm

Seems very nice, but will the handicapped be able to participate. Is there a special Trek for people in wheelchairs?

andrea on January 18th, 2011 at 5:05 pm

i just did it on sunday and it was awesome!!! highly recommend!!!!

Andrea on January 19th, 2011 at 4:59 pm

Are the food and drinks included with the trek or do you have to pay extra for that? I noticed it the video…

Valerie from NJ on January 19th, 2011 at 11:30 pm

Snacks and drinks are included. I booked this tour for us for the end of April (they are accepting reservations at 180 days out I believe) and the price has gone up again – $249 per person! We are going during Easter week so I don’t know if that is why the price is higher than the $189 that someone else paid after the introductory offer dates passed, but I was told that this is the current price. Steep – I hope it’s worth it!

Jon from FL on January 21st, 2011 at 6:21 am

I am very happy to find your blog. It is very interesting and entertaining blogs. The contents and other things and designs of this blog are too good. i am very glad to join your blog community.

Imogen from FL on January 21st, 2011 at 1:34 pm

We went on the Trek on Sunday and had a great time. It was fabulous. The guides also doubled as PhotoPass photographers. We are still waiting for our PhotoPass photographs to be posted. We can hardly wait to see them!

Frank from FL on January 24th, 2011 at 12:56 pm

I just booked my Trek – Saturday Feb 12th – as a Valentine’s Day gift for my sweetie. She’s going to love it!

PAGE from SC on January 29th, 2011 at 12:51 pm

Hub and I participated in one of the Treks on January 24. It was fantastic. Great tour leaders, interesting discussions, seeing the animals up close. And the snack was fantastic – we let them know that we are vegetarians when we booked the trek and the food was delicious. We will definitely take this “tour” again!

Antoinette from NC on January 29th, 2011 at 6:54 pm

I cannot wait to go on the Trek!!! It looks awesome to explore. Definitely on my to do list when I go back there again later on this year!!