Disney's Electrical Parade

Merchandise Memories on the Disney Dream

posted on January 13th, 2011 by Dara Trujillo, Manager, Merchandise Synergy, Events, and Communication

It’s hard to believe that the Disney Dream is almost a reality. With the Maiden Voyage just a few days away, I can’t help but think of the amazing memories that Guests will be making with their families and friends on the newest Disney Ship.

At Disney Theme Park Merchandise, it’s our job to turn your magical moments and memories on Disney Cruise Line into keepsakes that will last a lifetime. With the help of our talented Disney Design Group Artists, we have created new merchandise especially for the Maiden and Inaugural Voyages of the Disney Dream to help make your family’s vacation even more memorable. While there are too many new items to show you, I wanted to share a few of my personal favorites – I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

AquaDuck Three-Dimensional Picture Frame

Like all of you, I can hardly wait to set sail on the Disney Dream (my family and I have already booked our trip). The number one thing we’re excited for: the AquaDuck. We are already guessing who’s going to be screaming the loudest when we fly out of the new water coaster. When I saw the AquaDuck Three-Dimensional Picture Frame, I immediately knew that this would be the perfect way to crown the winner of our family scream contest. Not only does the frame have space for a 3” x 4” picture, but it represents one of the icons that make the Disney Dream so spectacular. We haven’t even set sail yet, but I’ve already cleared a spot on the mantle for the AquaDuck Picture Frame.

Limited Edition Disney Dream Pins

Disney Pins are such a big part of Guests memories in Disney Parks and on Disney Cruise Line, so we couldn’t launch the Disney Dream without a special compilation of limited edition Disney Pins. In keeping with the spirit and tradition of Disney Pin Trading, our talented Disney Design Group has created a colorful assortment of Disney Dream Trading Pins that embody the spirit of the Disney Dream. The new collection of pins feature beloved Disney Characters and experiences that are truly unique to the Disney Dream.

Disney Dream Vinylmation Figures

And of course, the shops wouldn’t be complete without Disney Dream Exclusive Vinylmation. For the Inaugural Voyages, we have created an assortment that includes a limited edition of 1,000 3” Vinylmation 2-pack that features Admiral Donald, plus a Vinylmation Jr. Also be on the lookout for 9” Disney Dream Vinylmation that draws inspiration from the hull of the Dream.

I wish that I could show you all of the new and unique items that we have created just for the upcoming Disney Dream Voyages – there’s so much to see! If you want to see an even bigger sampling of the commemorative pieces that have been created especially for the Inaugural Voyages of the Disney Dream, take a look at DisneyUrl.com/MaidenVoyage. And don’t forget, if you’re sailing on the Maiden Voyage of the Disney Dream, make sure you submit the Random Selection Process Form to sign up for these special commemorative pieces!

How do you commemorate your Disney Cruise Line vacations? Do you have a special keepsake from one your past voyages? Share it with us in the comments.

Tagged: , , , ,

Filed: Disney Cruise Line

Shannon on January 13th, 2011 at 9:53 am

Oh my gosh, these are so awesome. I wish I could go on the maiden voyage. Great merch!

Lori on January 13th, 2011 at 10:23 am

I will be on the Dream next Friday and I cannot wait!! The merchandise looks great!!!

Anonymous on January 13th, 2011 at 10:31 am

The AquaDuck Three-Dimensional Picture Frame is absolutely adorable! I’ll be on the 1/30 sailing and hope it’s still available.

Anonymous on January 13th, 2011 at 10:32 am

I cant wait! Getting married on the 58th sailing… Love all the merchandise!

Michelle from MA on January 13th, 2011 at 10:45 am

Dara- we are going on the Dream next month, first on DCL. My daughter collects Disney snow globes (all sizes- music/non-music). Will there be a snow globe of the Dream? Thanks!

Dara Trujillo on January 14th, 2011 at 3:25 pm

Hi Michelle – You will be blown away by your Disney Dream Vacation next month! The ship is unbelievable! For the Dream, we did not develop a Snow Globe. When I spoke with the product developer about it, she said that instead of a Snow Globe she wanted to try something new, which is the AquaDuck Sculpted Frame. Perhaps this would be a great fit for your daughter’s collection!

Paul from Hamsphire on January 13th, 2011 at 11:23 am

Wonderful …wish we could go on a cruise…someday soon

Jennifer from MD on January 13th, 2011 at 11:51 am

Can’t wait either! I’ll be on the one leaving next friday (1/21) as well. I’m really glad the vinylmations will be available!

Jeffrey on January 13th, 2011 at 12:10 pm

Will the preview cruise next friday the 21st have its own merchandise?

Dara Trujillo on January 14th, 2011 at 3:25 pm

#8) Hi Jeffery – The preview cruse on the 21st will not have its own merchandise. But all of the shops will be open and brimming with Disney Dream Merchandise! Happy Sailing!

Rachel from TX on January 13th, 2011 at 3:10 pm

We loved pin trading with the officers when we cruised the Disney Magic last October. Would love to be on the new ship when she sails next week!

Ashleigh from NV on January 13th, 2011 at 3:17 pm

I wish I was going on the maiden voyage of the Disney Dream, just so I could get all the great new merchandise. I have so many special keepsakes from past Disney cruises that it is hard to choose just one, but my favorite keepsakes are my small plush Captain Mickey and Cruise Director Minnie. I Love them so much =)

Theresa from IN on January 13th, 2011 at 6:05 pm

Oh how I wish we were going on the maiden voyage. I would love to have those pins!!! Bon Voyage Disney Dream!!!

Shaun from IN on January 13th, 2011 at 7:21 pm

Very cool….Would REALLY love to see some pics of the shops onboard! As a Retail Consultant and a Disney fan, I love to see pics on Merchandise and shops from around Disney Parks!

Annette from QLD on January 13th, 2011 at 7:43 pm

Are these items going to be available ongoing – or just for the maiden voyage ?? Coming in Dec 2011 and would love the Aqua Duck photo fram. Also can you tell me, is PhotoPass available on cruises ??

Dara Trujillo on January 14th, 2011 at 3:27 pm

Hi Annette – Great question! The items that I spoke about are limited edition, so once they’re gone, we won’t be making anymore. The AquaDuck Photo Frame is a limited edition of 500 pieces, so I can’t guarantee that it will be available when you sail in December. But, we do have a large assortment of Disney Cruise Line picture frames onboard for you to choose from to commemorate your voyage.
PhotoPass is not available on the cruise, but we do have another photography group that is set up on Disney Cruise Line to help you capture your memories!

Victor on January 16th, 2011 at 2:42 pm

Does anyone know if ANY (not necessarily the Donald 2-pack) Disney Dream related Vinylmation will be available on the Jan 21st benefit cruise?

Alice on January 20th, 2011 at 7:22 am

We are going on the Dream in August and my 2 year old is always talking about the “big boat”. I was wondering if there was anyway to purchase one of the “memory books” that tells about the ship for him to look at during the year as we are getting ready for it? Are any of the products available anywhere except the ship?

kyle on January 27th, 2011 at 3:38 pm

We are going on the Disney Dream in June, and I was wondering if the Disney Dream Vinylmation will be on when we go and the pins that you showed will be on when I go?