A hibachi chef, a pastor, one British “mum,” two Canadians, two non-profit workers, four teachers, three stay-at-home moms and one special aunt are part of the fifteen newest members of The Walt Disney World Moms Panel who start vacation planning today! Now entering its fourth year, Disney Parks began the search for new panelists last fall and had an unprecedented amount of applications.
“This year’s Moms Panel search generated the most applications we have ever received.” said Meg Crofton, president of Walt Disney World Resort. “The Moms Panel has become an integral part of the Disney vacation planning process. We deeply appreciate all that the panelists have done to help guests create magical memories with Disney, and look forward to what our new members will offer to families in 2011.”
As the popularity of the website has steadily increased, guests have requested “Specialty Moms” to give advice and tips about other Disney destinations. The site now hosts Disney Cruise Line and Adventures by Disney Moms and today the website debuts the first Disney Vacation Club Moms.
Also helping to spread the magic, Oscar-winning actress and mom to three, Geena Davis shares her own personal tips and treasured Disney memories in an exclusive Moms Panel video, available in the “Celebrity Disney Mom” video library at www.DisneyWorldMoms.com.
For vacation planning advice, visit the 15 new panel members and the 30 returning panelists at www.DisneyWorldMoms.com.
Newest members of The Walt Disney World Moms Panel
- Angelo Alomar; Simpsonville, SC – Electrical engineer by day and Hibachi chef by night, this Disney dad is devoted to spending quality time with his family, and , of course, to his love of the Mouse. Angelo wows patrons by making Mickey Ears out of fried rice!
- Carrie Burrows; Georgetown, ON – Much like Mickey, fitness instructor Carrie works every day to help her clients’ “dreams come true.” When she isn’t running boot camps, this mom of three helps friends plan Disney vacations with good nutrition in mind.
- Ca’Sandra Phillips; College Park, GA – Since her first visit in 1987, this mom of two has been hooked on all things Disney. In between dreaming up her next family vacation, Ca’Sandra works at a non-profit and enjoys volunteering in her spare time.
- Emma Nicholson; Morecambe, Lancashire (UK) – Family time at Disney is number one to this magic-loving mum. Since visits from across the pond can be costly, Emma plans all of her trips well in advance to take advantage of money-saving options like the Disney Dining Plan.
- Jill Cooper; Hillsborough, NJ – A self-proclaimed planning-pro, this high school teacher/college counselor uses her career experience to help others get the most out of their Disney vacations. Jill’s Disney experience also includes an anniversary trip to Germany with Adventures by Disney.
- Johnetta Scott; Plainfield, NJ – Families come in all shapes and sizes…just ask Johnetta, who serves as the official Disney vacation planner to her seven nieces and nephews. This self-proclaimed “Princess” enjoys volunteering and learning foreign languages.
- Krista Curtis; Maryville, TN – An avid reader and mother of two, Krista spends her days working as a middle school English teacher. Whenever she visits Walt Disney World, she and her husband made sure to incorporate little “extras” to make every trip memorable.
- Marisol Lopez; Lakeland, FL – As a Florida resident, Marisol has visited Walt Disney World more than 200 times. She works to spread her love of all things Mickey to her two kids and husband daily.
- Monina Wagner; Avon, OH – From her first memory of riding Dumbo the Flying Elephant with her dad, Monina has been hooked on the Mouse. As a media relations manager for a non-profit, she uses her skills to chat it up and share tips with other Disney fans.
- Ritzy McCarthy; Barrington, RI – Born in Cuba, this bilingual mom of two currently works as a part-time Spanish teacher. From the Magic Kingdom to Castaway Cay, for the McCarthy family, Disney is the only way to travel!
- Deborah Bowen; Land O Lakes, FL – Known as the “go-to planner” amongst her friends, Deborah helps others experience the magic by creating customized vacation itineraries. Besides coordinating Disney getaways, Deborah teaches literature, film and popular arts at the University of South Florida.
- Leslie Krzan; Holiday, FL – Since her first visit as a little princess, Leslie has had a special love of Disney, even celebrating her nuptials in Epcot. When she isn’t busy being the best stay-at-home-mom she can be, she enjoys baking special celebratory cakes for others.
- Lynn Lane; Ottawa, ON – A devoted wife and mom to two teenage girls, this crafty Canadian enjoys making custom greeting cards and scrapbooking her magical memories. Distance makes no difference to the Lane family; they have logged more than 72,000 miles driving to and from the Park.
- Teronya Holmes; Kingsport, TN – An exercise psychologist turned stay-at-home-mom, Teronya spends her days caring for her two sons and putting in volunteer time at her church. Aside from her passion for planning Disney vacations, she enjoys outdoor activities and reading.
- Wes Holloman; Pearland, TX – Describing himself as “fun, fast and full of energy,” this devoted dad to five dreams of playing Peter Pan in the Magic Kingdom. Wes is currently working to get his Masters Degree while serving full-time at his church.