Mad Tea Party at Disney Parks

The Disney Wonder Arrives in Los Angeles

posted on January 21st, 2011 by Valarie Sukovaty, Disneyland Public Relations

UPDATE – New video added below of the Disney Wonder as it sailed into the Port of Los Angeles.

What an exciting day! The Disney Wonder arrived at the Port of Los Angeles early this morning and the ship is here to stay! This is BIG news for West Coast Disney fans. The ship will sail seven-night Mexican Riviera cruises from the Port of Los Angeles to Cabo San Lucas and Puerto Vallarta from now through April 17. It will then reposition to Vancouver and sail to Alaska from May 3-September 6 cruising to Tracy Arm, Skagway and Juneau, and Ketchikan. I’ve been fortunate enough to have cruised on Disney Cruise Line and all I can say is: YOU’VE GOT TO GO! It’s a Disney vacation experience at its best.

Check back this afternoon to take a look at video of the Disney Wonder as it sails into the Port of Los Angeles.

The Disney Wonder

Filed: Disney Cruise Line

Stephen on January 21st, 2011 at 1:48 pm

Looking forward to cruising with Disney!

Erin on January 21st, 2011 at 2:42 pm

Which cruise ship will be sailing to the Rivera when the Wonder is going to Alaska?

Jackie on January 21st, 2011 at 2:46 pm

Question please. For those of you who have been on other cruise lines, is it worth the extra expense to cruise w/ Disney?

Wyndi on January 21st, 2011 at 2:57 pm

Just got off the ship from the repositioning cruise from Port Canaveral–a fifteen day journey that sailed the Caribbean, through the Panama Canal and along the coast of central America and Mexico. It was a most wonderful experience. We were a bit sad that we found no welcoming committee upon arriving home, but I am hopeful that Los Angeles will open up its arms to welcome the Wonder–and its remarkable crew– to their new home! Wandering the World with the Wonder–woo hoo!!

Peter from OR on January 21st, 2011 at 3:20 pm

Jackie,

We took a Disney Cruise in March of 2009 on the Disney Wonder to the Bahamas for 3 days. It was also our first cruise as a family so I don’t have much to compare it to or determine whether it is worth the extra expense.

However, I can say, it was a remarkable experience. The staterooms were very nice (much larger than ‘normal’ cruise rooms I was told by cruise vets), the food was fantastic, and the activities and shows were first rate. Our stop at the private Disney Island – Castaway Cay – was the huge highlight of the trip. My six year old son met Captain Jack Sparrow as we disembarked the ship and he still talks about it to this day.

We had such a great time we have signed up for the Mexico Riviera cruise this Spring. We can’t wait!

Amy-Sue from CA on January 21st, 2011 at 4:13 pm

Hooray! I am so excited that it’s here…now I have more incentive to save up for this cruise!!!

susan on January 21st, 2011 at 5:44 pm

My family is on the Wonder,right now having lunch and waiting to sail….so excited

Laura from CA on January 21st, 2011 at 5:46 pm

To Erin – the Mexico cruises will be on hiatus until the WONDER comes back from ALASKA – check the Cruiseline website for the dates.

I have been requesting a trip tp Alaska since my first cruise in 2001 and it is FINALLY happening and the ship is FINALLY here – HOORAY!!

Catch these cruises NOW West Coasters and save on airfare!! It’s worth every penny and thensome 8:)

Teri on January 21st, 2011 at 5:58 pm

I think I smell the next Disney Meet Up!!!! :D
One can hope right?
Looks like fun.

Kevin from CA on January 21st, 2011 at 6:03 pm

Erin,

The Disney Wonder is cruising Mexican Riviera cruises and then will reposition to Vancouver for Alaskan cruises before returning to Los Angeles to continue Riviera cruises in the Fall.

Andrea on January 21st, 2011 at 6:25 pm

When does it leave the port? We would love to come and see it!

Michael on January 21st, 2011 at 6:48 pm

Welcome home!

Diann on January 21st, 2011 at 7:04 pm

Ten years ago, our once in a lifetime family Caribbean cruise took place one week after a Hurricane! We had a wonderful time, though not able to stop at Castaway Cay and the water was too murky to snorkel. Still, the ship itself has so much to offer, and you Sail in Comfort. There is no one better than Disney to perfectly combine Magic and Entertainment:)

teri from OH on January 21st, 2011 at 7:11 pm

Jackie,
I have sailed other cruise lines. We also sailed Disney’s Wonder and the ship is fabulous. The staterooms are larger than other cruise ships. Food and service were excellent. Entertainment, topnotch. Enjoy…

Michelle on January 21st, 2011 at 7:56 pm

This ship should sail out of San Diego instead… much more family friendly than L.A. and a LOT less traffic!

Jackie on January 21st, 2011 at 8:20 pm

Thanks so much for your responses Peter from OR and Teri from OH! I think I’m sold! My husband has never been on a cruise, so I was thinking that one of the Disney cruises would be a great one for us to go on…will start searching and will, hopefully, be on one someday soon…

Barbara from NY on January 22nd, 2011 at 4:29 pm

I love the Disney Wonder and will miss her on the east coast!! But no worries we will meet again for an Alaskan cruise in August, and I am sure our paths will cross many more times in the future! Disney Wonder enjoy your new home on the west coast!!

DIANA on January 24th, 2011 at 1:07 am

We are going to be on the Wonder for the repositioning cruise to Canada and I can’t wait! Ive been waiting for this day for so long. I’m looking forward to my first of many Disney cruises. Hoping to do a Mexican riviera and then hop aboard the Dream, or Fantasy in 2012.

Frankie on January 24th, 2011 at 5:40 pm

Well the Port of Los Angeles is in San Pedro or Long Beach right? So there really isn’t that much traffic I would know since I lived in Wilmington, CA for 8 years and it’s about 3-4 miles away from there. Oh how I miss hearing the boats. :(

monica on February 8th, 2011 at 11:19 pm

We are planning on travelling the Disney Wonder in less than 2 weeks, LA to Mex and can hardly wait!! 3 moms and 5 kids! We are ocunting the days and so glad the Disney Wonder is FINALLY on the West coast!