Disneyland Paris, Phantom Manor

Try the Tasty New Menu at the Village Haus

posted on January 13th, 2011 by Jim Ames, Manager, Food and Wine Events, Disneyland Resort

Since 1983, the Village Haus Restaurant at Disneyland park has been a great place to grab a bite surrounded by the fun and whimsy of Fantasyland. Recently, the location reopened with a spiffy new look. Today the update will be complete as the Village Haus debuts a new menu.

Village Haus Restaurant at Disneyland Park

The menu features many fast-casual options that guests have enjoyed over the years including hamburgers or cheeseburgers with french fries or a healthy side, and pepperoni or cheese pizzas. With a playful nod to the uniquely European flavor of the restaurant, many new and reimagined items have been added as well.

Chicken Sausage

Topped with sauerkraut served in a pretzel roll

Angus ⅓ lb. Pastrami Cheeseburger

Angus chuck burger, pastrami, pickles, caramelized onions, Swiss cheese, lettuce and a creamy horseradish sauce

BLT Flat Bread Pizza
Thin flat bread crust, cherrywood-smoked bacon, provolone and mozzarella cheese, caramelized onions, marinated tomatoes and arugula-fennel salad

I cannot lie, for me no meal is complete without dessert, and the Village Haus is offering a perfect way to top off your visit with either a Black Forest Cupcake or Warm Apple Strudel.

Kids ages 3-9 have their own menu choosing from a hamburger, pizza or macaroni and cheese, all served with sliced apples and a choice of a small low-fat milk, Minute-Maid juice or small Dasani water. There truly is something for everyone as toddlers under age 3 can choose “Yummy Cheesy Macaroni” served with smooth applesauce and a small low-fat milk.

On your next visit to the Disneyland Resort let your conscience be your guide and Hi-Deedle-Dee-Dee your way to the Village Haus restaurant in Fantasyland to try all the fun and delicious new offerings.

Filed: Disney Dining, Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

Anonymous on January 13th, 2011 at 1:07 pm

All of this sounds great!! Can’t wait to try it.

Andrew on January 13th, 2011 at 1:11 pm

How are the prices?

Joseph from CA on January 13th, 2011 at 1:19 pm

Two quick questions.
1) What type of casing is the chicken sausage in?
2) Are there any vegetarian options on the menu?

Jim Ames on January 13th, 2011 at 4:05 pm

These are great questions! The casing on the Chicken Sausage is a natural animal-protein, not made from pork in consideration of those who prefer to avoid pork. Many items on the menu can be prepared vegetarian upon request, including the BLT Flatbread Pizza (I had it without the bacon and it was delicious.). The Classic Cheeseburger can be made with a veggie patty (or without cheese), and the Apple-Cheddar Salad and the Cheese Pizza are both vegetarian items.

Kim from CA on January 13th, 2011 at 1:41 pm

The food of my people! Sausage, sauerkraut, and strudel! This is a great idea for the Village Haus! I’ll be stopping by on my next visit!

Amber from CA on January 13th, 2011 at 1:43 pm

This sounds fantastic! I’m so excited to finally see some Disney World quality counter service meals in California!!!!

Michael from FL on January 13th, 2011 at 1:46 pm

The new menu looks yummy! I can’t wait to try it for myself next month on my next visit to DL! Looking forward to reading your Disney food and wine blog, Jim :-)

Erin on January 13th, 2011 at 1:47 pm

That is a very good question about the vegetarian option! So far, my favorite vegetarian item in Disneyland is the vegan gumbo but they could use a few more options.

Fred from CA on January 13th, 2011 at 1:53 pm

Sounds good!

I’m glad that the menu has a bit more of a European flair. It fits the theme.

Laura from CA on January 13th, 2011 at 2:05 pm

Chicken sausage and sauerkraut sounds terrific – I’m looking forward to trying it.

Andrea from CA on January 13th, 2011 at 2:22 pm

Wow! I am pleasantly surprised! Will have to go try out the new menu! :)

Catherine on January 13th, 2011 at 3:15 pm

All the new Village Haus options sound very tasty, especially the flatbread with the salad.

Robin on January 13th, 2011 at 3:16 pm

AWESOME!! Final some variation in the food from standard burgers, hot dogs and fries! Might have to make a trip out soon just to try it. :-)

Thor from CA on January 13th, 2011 at 5:52 pm

The new menu sounds like a huge improvement over the old cheeseburgers and pre-fab pizzas they used to serve here.

But what is the reason exactly why people working in the restaurant industry try to use the phrase “fast-casual” when they really just mean fast food? Why not just use the widely accepted words that 300 Million Americans understand and call this place what it is, a fast food restaurant? The rehab on the place looks great though, and it’s always been one of Disneyland’s better themed fast food places. Or should I have said “fast-casual dining location”?

Jennifer from VA on January 13th, 2011 at 6:07 pm

Any hope on getting the Figaro fries that are at the Village Haus in the Magic Kingdom of WDW???

Nancy on January 13th, 2011 at 6:22 pm

The new menu additions look great! I am very glad to see changes at this particular spot.

Andrew on January 13th, 2011 at 6:23 pm

The new items sound yummy. Will definitely try them. Nice to have alternatives to the usual burger and fries.

Will Bengal BBQ have new items when it reopens?

Joel on January 13th, 2011 at 6:31 pm

So Tomorrowland Terrance, now Village Haus, is Hungry Bear next in line for a menu change/upgrade?!

melanie from CA on January 13th, 2011 at 6:39 pm

Hi Jim, please tell me the veggie burger is still available at the Village Haus?? It’s the lunch my family and I look forward to having every day that we’re in the park. Pls let me know. Thx!

Jim Ames on January 13th, 2011 at 8:27 pm

Yes, the classic cheeseburger can be made as a veggie burger.

Fred from CA on January 13th, 2011 at 6:56 pm

Joel–
Great idea! The Hungry Bear should definitely be the next restaurant to get a menu change.

susan on January 13th, 2011 at 6:59 pm

Will they have any of the older menu items? We like the pizza that was made at Village Haus.

Stephanie on January 13th, 2011 at 7:20 pm

How about any gluten free options for the celiac community?

Amy on January 13th, 2011 at 7:42 pm

I was wondering what type of veggie burger is served. A couple years ago Village Haus served an amazing veggie burger. But just last year or so changed it to a different patty which was chopped veggies instead of ground. Which type of veggie patty is currently being served? And when does the Village Haus reopen?

Amy

Sean from CA on January 13th, 2011 at 7:52 pm

oh my sounds ummmm . . well sounds gluttonous!

Alpha from CA on January 13th, 2011 at 7:58 pm

I am thrilled with the new items! We are at Disneyland about every 3 weeks, and a new menu to look at and try will be so nice. And I love the atmosphere in the Village House. I love the newer items at French Market like gumbo……….it was so good this week! Keep up grading guys!

Leisha on January 13th, 2011 at 8:17 pm

We used to get a gluten free hamburger with a gluten free bun for our Autistic daughter at the Village Haus. Will they still be available?

Dave from BC on January 13th, 2011 at 8:37 pm

As long as none of the classics change! The hamburgers alone aren’t very good but when you add the magic of Fantasyland all around its the best burger in town :)

David from WA on January 13th, 2011 at 8:55 pm

This is great, as Fred said it does fit the theme and I think this was the original vision of Walt Disney, to have each land be themed from food to flora in each land’s own theme…

Fantasyland has been lacking for years in the area of themed food choices. I will definitely be eating here next time I am there.

Drexel on January 13th, 2011 at 9:33 pm

What(if any) gluten free options will be offered here? My favorite part of disney lately has been the abundance of gluten free offerings throughout the park that are not really available out in the “real” world.

Theresa on January 13th, 2011 at 10:54 pm

And the smoked turkey legs? Those and an ear of roasted corn made for a great lunch earlier this year.

Allison from CA on January 14th, 2011 at 12:57 am

I would like to see more vegetarian options too. The Ratatouille is the best veg dish that I’ve had at the park.

Gina on January 14th, 2011 at 1:18 am

More vegan options please :o)

Sandy on January 14th, 2011 at 1:34 am

i hope they still have the veggie burgers…they were my fav!

Melanie on January 14th, 2011 at 12:44 pm

I am so excited that DL is catching up with WDW in updating and creating new menus that are appealing. For so long the food was just to put something in your tummy. Over the years has become increasing more enjoyable. I can’t wait to try the new changes on this menu!

One last request…bring a Tony’s Towne Square to DL! Small menu, pasta cooked perfectly and enjoyable!

Robert on January 14th, 2011 at 12:51 pm

Psst.. hint from Florida.. Needs “Figaro Fries.”

Fred from CA on January 16th, 2011 at 12:54 am

I tried the Chicken Sausage today. It was very tasty!

Margo on January 16th, 2011 at 6:07 am

I just got home a little while ago and wanted to say the new pastrami burger is awesome. I knew I was going to the park saturday and got there at lunch time and went right over to the Village Haus. This was the first time in over 5 yrs I have eaten there. The burger was very good. At first I wasn’t sure how the horseradish sauce would be on pastrami, since most of the time that is on roast beef or prime rib. But it was very tasty. It has I believe it was cheddar cheese, grilled onions, pickles and lettuce. It was a few dollars more then the other burger they have there. One thing that could improve at the Village Haus, is they were very slow getting my order out. But other than that, the next time I will want a burger in the park, I will go back there.
I hope some of the other places around the park will come up with other ideas for other burgers with different toppings on them too.

William on January 16th, 2011 at 8:47 am

I want the pastrami burger!!! Please tell me it will be at WD World too!

Marisa on January 16th, 2011 at 11:41 pm

It sounds so good!

Phil on January 17th, 2011 at 1:37 am

Hello Jim,
Is there a place within the park that we can get gluten free meals? I know we can get GF meals at the Storyteller’s Cafe but we want to stay inside the park if possible.

Jim Ames on January 18th, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Phil – there are MANY gluten-free options available throughout the Resort, including in Disneyland and Disney California Adventure parks. In fact, I’ll be writing a story in the next few weeks to discuss those options. In the meantime you can always ask to speak with the location chef who will be able to provide you with the gluten-free items in that restaurant or direct you to other locations.

Friend on January 17th, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Gepetto was a fisherman and wondered why they don’t have a good tuna melt on flat bread? Miss Captain Hook’s Tuna Burger. The Chicken Sausage and Kraut on a roll sounds great. A thought for the vegetarians menue, in Burbank near the Disney Studio, we used to get Magic Apple Veggie Burgers which were great for non meat eaters.

Brian from CA on January 18th, 2011 at 9:15 pm

I tryed the Pastrami Burger and the BLT Pizza and now this is my favoirt place to eat in the resort. I will have go back and try the Chicken Sassage we I finally get hungry again. :) Can there be more food like this at TLT and Hungry Bear?

Fred from CA on January 23rd, 2011 at 2:44 pm

I finally tried he Pastrami Cheeseburger. Its very tasty!

Phil on February 7th, 2011 at 4:28 pm

Jim-
We will be at the DL park next week. Do you think your story about gluten free dining will be posted before we go? We will of course speak with the chef about specific GF foods but look forward to reading your article on dining options.
Thanks,