It’s time for “World of Color” to take a bow.
The hit show celebrates a big milestone tonight – its 500th performance at Disney California Adventure park. Thank you to the more than two million guests who have seen this spectacular display of water and special effects since it opened on June 11, 2010.
In thanks to all the “World of Color” fans, we have a fun trivia quiz today about the show, plus a look back at some of the great video highlights from Paradise Bay. This video is one that has been a favorite on the Disney Parks Blog:
Here’s our quiz. The answers are at the end of this post.
- The fountains are the stars of the show, with multiple moving heads that create color and light. How many fountains create the magic of “World of Color”?
- From initial planning concept to the debut, how long did it take to create “World of Color”?
- The show creators from Walt Disney Imagineering knew that “World of Color” would stretch the capabilities of existing water shows. What Walt Disney quote did they rely on in the process?
- Submerged beneath Paradise Bay is the superstructure that generates the show’s giant water screen. This “stage” is longer than a football field, and the width of the water screen ranges from 100 feet to how many feet: 175, 250 or 380?
- Since the show opened, a new piece has been added as an encore. It pays tribute to which Disney film?
Here are the answers to the quiz:
- Nearly 1,200.
- Nearly 5 years.
- Walt Disney: “It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.”
- 380 feet.
- TRON: Legacy, which debuted in December.