Sunset Over the Tree of Life at Disney's Animal Kingdom

A Behind-the-Scenes Look at ‘Disney’s Believe’ – the New Musical Aboard the Disney Dream

posted on February 21st, 2011 by Jonathan Frontado, Disney Cruise Line

What is Disney best known for? That’s right…its family entertainment, including the unrivaled Broadway-style musical productions you’ll find aboard Disney Cruise Line!

Honoring the recent addition to our fleet, the Disney Dream, I would like to tell you about “Disney’s Believe.” This original musical, created exclusively for the Disney Dream, headlines the repertoire of stage spectaculars presented in the Walt Disney Theatre.

“Disney’s Believe” introduces you to Dr. Cornelius Greenaway, a brilliant botanist obsessed with his work. You’ll also meet his imaginative and spirited daughter, Sophia, who is heartbroken because her father overlooks her birthday while being preoccupied with cultivating his precious plants.

Sophia then makes a special birthday wish…and POOF! Genie from Disney’s “Aladdin” magically appears in Dr. Greenaway’s garden to teach him a valuable lesson about what’s important in life.

Genie magically appears during “Disney’s Believe” to take Dr. Greenaway on an insightful journey.

This exciting production features more than 20 of Disney’s most beloved characters who help Dr. Greenaway reconnect with his daughter. Here’s a glimpse at some of the cast.

More than 20 favorite Disney characters perform in “Disney’s Believe” aboard the Disney Dream.

I don’t want to spoil all the surprises awaiting guests in “Disney’s Believe,” so you’ll have to sail with us to experience the entire show! In the meantime, check out this behind-the-scenes look at the preparation that went into bringing this new story to life:

Do you want to see more? Check back next week for some fun facts about “Disney’s Believe” and to see clips from the show.

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Behind the Scenes, Disney Cruise Line

Nancy from PA on February 21st, 2011 at 11:50 am

I can’t wait. I’m taking a cruise in April and would love to see it!!

Kimberly on February 21st, 2011 at 12:21 pm

It’s absolutely amazing! The cast member who plays the genie (and Hades, and…) needs an Oscar. He’s fabulous!

Reto on February 21st, 2011 at 1:44 pm

Looks like a great storyline and a good show. I’m very excited to see Baloo in there – he’s my very favorite character since my childhood. I hope “Believe” will also be shown on the Disney Fantasy, since I’m planning a 7 night cruise in November 2012.

Jeff from NJ on February 21st, 2011 at 2:38 pm

Saw this in January and loved it. I agree with Kimberly…the guy playing Genie and Hades is FANTASTIC.

Judy from TX on February 21st, 2011 at 3:20 pm

GREAT PRODUCTION. I was on the Dream in February. Going again in July with my family. Wow – what a great ship. Best staff – so friendly.

Lois on February 21st, 2011 at 4:50 pm

I loved Twice Charmed on the Disney Magic! We are taking a cruise on the Dream in Jun 2012, and Believe is now on our must see list. It looks wonderful, and I am looking forward to seeing it.

Timothy from OH on February 21st, 2011 at 5:00 pm

Saw believe on the Maiden Voyage of the Disney Dream.
Great show
Great ship
Great first cruise with Disney
Tim

Cherie from AL on February 21st, 2011 at 5:08 pm

We will embark on the Disney Dream in just TEN days. I am SOOO excited about this show and all the new wonderful things. We know the Disney Wonder inside and out….but can hardly wait to explore the DREAM. :)

Benjamin from MN on February 21st, 2011 at 5:21 pm

Going soon, and soooo can’t wait to see all the shows. They look phenomenal! This will be our first Disney Cruise, and we are very excited.

Patricia from PA on February 21st, 2011 at 5:30 pm

Just booked a cruise for April 2012 on the Fantasy, so excited. Can’t wait to see all the shows.

Larissa from PA on February 21st, 2011 at 5:54 pm

Can’t wait until May 8th! First Disney cruise.

catherine from NJ on February 21st, 2011 at 6:29 pm

Oh My Gosh!!! Every SHOW is AMAZING, and I can hardly wait to see this in April. Thank You so much for making me feel like I’m in NYC watching a Broadway show. EXCELLENT!!!.

Gregory from PA on February 21st, 2011 at 11:02 pm

OMG TALKING BALOO!!!! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!

NATASHA on February 22nd, 2011 at 12:22 am

Larissa, May 8th as well. Super excited!!!

Lisa on February 22nd, 2011 at 12:42 am

How creative! It is a mix of new stories and old animation characters.
Hope we can see it in Shanghai Disney.
What about letting monkey king compete with Alladin?LOL

Carole from FL on February 22nd, 2011 at 7:46 am

Dear D.C.L.,
Sometimes you ask the HARDEST QUESTION. Tee Hee How oh oh can one decide what or which is best on your ships???? You folks go so far over the top it is much to hard to decide.
Again, we will Cruise with you on the DREAM in April and at this time I can honestly say, “We look for nothing special”, as we know whatever happens aboard the DREAM is going to be……….A LIFETIME MEMORY”
we are treating our son and family to their first cruise and first disney cruise and having had sailed with you in 2007……….We can take the pleasure of both enjoying the new ship and sitting back and watching you put the young ones in awe!

Again, I compliment you on all you do, all you give and all you are. Walt Disney has to look down from above as no other man can that what he visioned has happened and continues to give great joy.
As Ever, Grandma Carole, Port St. Lucie, Fl.

Mary Jane from GA on February 22nd, 2011 at 8:41 am

Loved “Believe”!! Saw it in February and will see it again on our cruise in November. I really enjoyed how the “Golden Mickeys” have been updated. Cannot wait to see them again!

Kelsey on February 22nd, 2011 at 1:35 pm

This looks amazing! I’m hoping to go on the Dream in June 2012 for my high school graduation, and I’m really excited to see “Believe”, as well as “Villains Tonight” and “The Golden Mickeys”. Please keep these magical shows playing on the Dream until then!

TRACEY from TX on February 25th, 2011 at 10:52 am

We were on The Dream’s Maiden Voyage and this show was forsure one of the highlights!

donna from NY on February 25th, 2011 at 2:04 pm

can hardly wait going in september. love all the shows and never miss them, especially disney dreams. excited to see a new production. this will be my 8th sailing with disney.have been cruising for 30 years and have tried several cruise lines so glad disney got involved in cruising cause you do it the best.

Hannah on February 25th, 2011 at 3:10 pm

I loved Disney Dreams, and Twice CHarmed! Now I want to see this too! Can’t wait until we are able to cruise again.

Kellie from Victoria on February 28th, 2011 at 8:11 am

2more sleeps and i’m there first cruise and boy it looks great , what a 40th im going to have
kellie , australia